“Excellent. Service and really good Indian food superb”
Review of Maharaja - CLOSED

Maharaja
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Singapore, Singapore
“Excellent. Service and really good Indian food superb”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

We accidentally went to this Resturant walking straight all the way from gum. We didn't expect to get good authentic Indian veg food. The food was execellent . Wort having yellow dhal . Raita is really nice. Worth the walk. Went mr rawat the manager very helpful execellent service .

• Visited June 2013

Vienna, Austria
“Terrible Service”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

My husband and I visited Maharaja for dinner one night in April. Despite the fact the restaurant was not very full, it took over 50 minutes for our food to arrive after we ordered it. The waiting staff did not seem to be concerned about this.

The food itself was of mixed quality. The dish that I ordered was good, it had been freshly prepared and tasted OK. The dish that my husband ordered was not very good, the sauce tasted like it had be pre-prepared from a bottle and it was not spicy like we had asked for. The breads that we ordered with the meal were OK but tasted like they have been prepared a while ago.

This place has the potential to be good, but the service really needs to improve and the food needs to be prepared with more care. The meal was rather expensive but then most restaurants in Moscow are.

• Visited April 2013
3 Thank runsammie
Moscow, Russia
“Expensive!”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Very expensive for average stuff we get there. Food wasn't spicy inspite of asking for it specifically. Service was fine. Quantity of food was also not that much compared to the price.

• Visited April 2013
3 Thank sriharivenk
Budapest
“Decent food”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

This is a decent Indian place. It is a bit pricey, but as there are not that many Indian places in Moscow. Food is good and service is friendly.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank adria33
Zurich, Switzerland
“Overrated!”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Me (Swiss) went there with my wife (originally from Russia)

Service:
They tried to be friendly but to be frank, the have no clue.
Found a hair in my gravy, the check contained 3 items that i had 2 times.

Food:
Less than average. The owner asked me about the quality and i told him that i was not the best quality after all i described above. He then tried to tell me, that russians (meaning my wife) had no clue about indian food. I then explained him that we life in Switzerland and i worked in Delhi and Mumbai and hence knew how real indian food tastes like. He looked a bit surprised (probably he thought that my wife is an escort and me a tourist).

And if my wife hadn't checked the bill carefully (written in cyrillic) they would have screwed us by 1000 Rubles (~35 dollars)

Bad experience....