“Intense and challenging”
Review of LAB.33 - CLOSED

LAB.33
More attraction details
Owner description: "Lab 33" is a real quest game in an underground bunker. For an hour you’ll be carried over into a secret soviet laboratory to feel like a hero of a psychological thriller! You have to go through locations on more than one hundred square meters connected by one plot. While exploring the Laboratory 33 step by step, you’ll need to gather all the details of the whole picture to figure out how to come back. Depending on your actions the game can have four different endings. But in any case, one thing is true: it is an experience you will never forget...
Reviewed June 18, 2016

This was my first escape quest, and I would definitely do it again, and recommend it to others! It was quite nerve wrecking for someone who is already scared of the dark and has a vivid imagination to do the quest alone. But it helped to remind myself the promise that no one would jump out to scare me even more. I'm guessing this could be fun for families as well, but too scary for the youngest kids. Bring your imagination, creativity and sense of logic.

Date of experience: June 2016
1  Thank AasneOeH

Reviewed May 21, 2016 via mobile

After having read the reviews here, me and my wife entered with a lot of expectations. We were not disappointed. A lot of people have commented about difficulties in finding the place. No challenge for us at all, took the train from centre of city followed by bus. It was fairly simple if one just follows instruction on the website. As for the game itself, it gave us a real feel of an era gone by, in the garb of a quest game. Unlike Berlin, Moscow doesn't showcase its postwar history to tourists. Lab 33 stands out in that sense. This is further amplified by the high quality of detailing and clarity of the organizers objective. If you get stuck, they will help you to keep moving, underlining that the experience is paramount. Wonderful and a must visit.

Date of experience: April 2016
1  Thank abhisheks1
Reviewed April 21, 2016 via mobile

It was fantastic experience, but still very scary Thanks heaven there was nobody jumping out from behind the corner, but scary sounds and voices were really thrilling.....
Cool decor, interesting puzzles

Date of experience: April 2016
1  Thank grinderzzz
Reviewed August 11, 2015

Having tried and really liked Lab 33 on our last trip to Russia we had sky-high expectations on Koma, and absolutely loved it! I can't say which of the rooms I like more, as they are very different, but I really like the interior those guys have created in Koma. Once again we had an awesome game where every little detail was an integrated part of the story. I also love how well the guy who met us both times stays in character.

There was no English version of Koma yet so we had to do it in Russian (we were warned about this when booking the game), which worked surprisingly well seeing as my boyfriend doesn't speak a word of Russian. Simply put, Koma is not at all as language dependent as Lab 33, but you would of course need at least one person on the team who understands and can translate spoken Russian unless you want to wait for the English version.

For the (very) easily spooked like me: Be warned, while Lab 33 could feel a bit spooky at times, Koma is right out scary. Still fun and worth it, but I'm glad you don't play those games alone as I would so have run out of there in panic had I been there by myself.

And two final notes for future visitors:
- Have enough time to find the place and call them if you get lost, the place IS tricky to find. We managed to find the house but could not find the entrance although we were here just a few months earlier (we felt a bit stupid having to call about this, but better once we got out of the room in 40 minutes :P ).
- Do trust the staff when they tell you that there are a lot of things to trip over here, or you'll soon notice they weren't kidding.

To sum up, thank's for a great experience! I keep a rating of escape games and similar things we play on my website, and am still waiting to find a another company with as well worked-through games as Lab 33 : http://katja.klarre.se/adventuregames.html

Date of experience: July 2015
3  Thank Z0et
See more reviews
Reviewed July 29, 2015

I've never tried quests earlier, but I was really astonished by this experience. The idea of moving back into the soviet times in Moscow is amazing, the realization of the concept - very professional (with the authentic items, you feel as if you go back into the decades) I can agree, it's hard oto get there, but when you treat it as a part of the adventure, you can additionally (to observe a REAL life of Moscow citizents - priceless!) The organizers are very helpful at the each stage of the event. I highly recommend it!

Date of experience: July 2015