“Koma great as well!”
Review of LAB.33 - CLOSED

LAB.33
More attraction details
Owner description: "Lab 33" is a real quest game in an underground bunker. For an hour you’ll be carried over into a secret soviet laboratory to feel like a hero of a psychological thriller! You have to go through locations on more than one hundred square meters connected by one plot. While exploring the Laboratory 33 step by step, you’ll need to gather all the details of the whole picture to figure out how to come back. Depending on your actions the game can have four different endings. But in any case, one thing is true: it is an experience you will never forget...
Reviewed August 11, 2015

Having tried and really liked Lab 33 on our last trip to Russia we had sky-high expectations on Koma, and absolutely loved it! I can't say which of the rooms I like more, as they are very different, but I really like the interior those guys have created in Koma. Once again we had an awesome game where every little detail was an integrated part of the story. I also love how well the guy who met us both times stays in character.

There was no English version of Koma yet so we had to do it in Russian (we were warned about this when booking the game), which worked surprisingly well seeing as my boyfriend doesn't speak a word of Russian. Simply put, Koma is not at all as language dependent as Lab 33, but you would of course need at least one person on the team who understands and can translate spoken Russian unless you want to wait for the English version.

For the (very) easily spooked like me: Be warned, while Lab 33 could feel a bit spooky at times, Koma is right out scary. Still fun and worth it, but I'm glad you don't play those games alone as I would so have run out of there in panic had I been there by myself.

And two final notes for future visitors:
- Have enough time to find the place and call them if you get lost, the place IS tricky to find. We managed to find the house but could not find the entrance although we were here just a few months earlier (we felt a bit stupid having to call about this, but better once we got out of the room in 40 minutes :P ).
- Do trust the staff when they tell you that there are a lot of things to trip over here, or you'll soon notice they weren't kidding.

To sum up, thank's for a great experience! I keep a rating of escape games and similar things we play on my website, and am still waiting to find a another company with as well worked-through games as Lab 33 : http://katja.klarre.se/adventuregames.html

3  Thank Z0et

Reviewed July 29, 2015

I've never tried quests earlier, but I was really astonished by this experience. The idea of moving back into the soviet times in Moscow is amazing, the realization of the concept - very professional (with the authentic items, you feel as if you go back into the decades) I can agree, it's hard oto get there, but when you treat it as a part of the adventure, you can additionally (to observe a REAL life of Moscow citizents - priceless!) The organizers are very helpful at the each stage of the event. I highly recommend it!

2  Thank Magda1Be
Reviewed July 14, 2015 via mobile

Excellent escape room but on top of that, the place is so well staged so well you feel like the story is way more legit. Great experience & really nice people, just watch out for getting overcharged by taxi drivers to get there.

2  Thank Shari v
Reviewed June 25, 2015

List of things we found to be poor:
- very difficult to find. Far from everything! No sign, except a small buzzer. The door number is not given in the website's directions.
- rude staff: straight away asked for money. No names, introductions. I know you want an atmosphere, but it is still a game and should feel welcoming.
- can't see anything: the last quest required us to read things that we couldn't see in the dim light. Felt a little bit cheated.
- gave us rules to follow, but their game required us to break them; they said don't touch anything above this line... but there was a light switch above the line that we didn't touch because we thought we shouldn't. Turns out it was a part of the game.
- poor English that made the instructions really difficult to follow.

It does have a cool atmosphere though.

Date of experience: June 2015