“Great food, good service”
Review of Odessa-Mama

Odessa-Mama
Ranked #162 of 15,709 Restaurants in Moscow
Cuisines: Ukrainian, Eastern European
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Boulevard Ring
Description: «Odessa-Mama» is a humble city restaurant that prides itself on serving delicious Odessa-style food. Whilst Odessa has a kaleidoscope of charming attractions to offer its guests, we have drawn inspiration from a feature of central importance — the food! Ah, the people of Odessa do eat well — fresh fish straight from the market, the healthy and enticing scent of aubergine caviar and the salty tears from fresh bryndza sheep cheese are just a few examples of our favourite memories of Odessa! — What is Odessa food? To unlock the secret of Odessa cooking, we must understand its rich cultural history. Duc de Richelieu, the founder of Odessa, built the city upon foundations of equal opportunity for people of all nationalities and faiths. The culinary result — Russians, Ukrainians, Jews, Armenians, Greeks and Romanians alike all trying to outdo each other in the kitchen! Over a slow fire in Odessa’s kitchens, the best culinary traditions from the neighbouring countries and beyond were thus unified into a gastronomical celebration — embodying the diversity and culture of the city’s inhabitants. Alas, here in Moscow there is no fresh herring from the Danube, there isn’t even a sea view in sight. Yet, when you are tired of the wet Moscow weather and stressful city life, the best way to lift your spirits in a cosmopolitan city has got to be gathering with friends — and «Odessa-Mama» is the perfect place to do this! We want every guest in Odessa Mama to experience a sense of joy and comfort — like a sailor returning home to their favourite city after a long voyage. You can snack on lightly salted sardines, show your young son what real «nautical» pasta is, whilst gulping it all down with our traditional horseradish vodka. Forget about diets, calories and revolutionary gastronomical breakthroughs. Sit down and relax as if you were back at your family home and indulge in the tasty, elegant and hospitable food straight from the heart of Odessa. So that we can all live a life like that!
Reviewed July 17, 2016 via mobile

To enjoy this place you should order fried fish (try 2-3 different and share) and traditional starters. We had a good time there, everything was great. Service was above expectations, white wine was quite decent.

Reviewed July 13, 2016

So the foodie in me really wanted to love this place. Food wise- I'd give this place a 2 and a half out of 5. The food was decent enough that I'd want to try it again, but there is no way I am going back here. I've been here to eat lunch, they completely forgot to put my order in and made me wait for forty minutes. Save your money and pass away.

Reviewed July 11, 2016

ok place. had a business dinner with my business partners. disagree with some of reviewers. it is an average establishment. do not expect too much from it and be happy with what you pay for. would probably dine here again.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed July 6, 2016 via mobile

The food was great but I had to wait one hour to get it. And the place wasn't really busy. They need to improve on that.

Reviewed June 28, 2016 via mobile

I've lived on this street my entire life and seen five or six cafes open where Odessa Mama is now. None have been as poor as this one. The locals don't come here because there's ten places nearby with better food and better prices. I though I'd have breakfast as it just opened for business. Its 40 minutes later, I'm still waiting for my omelet. And the girl serving me says it usually takes that long. Go figure. Just do it somewhere else. A waste of time and money.

Date of visit: June 2016