All reviews bolshoi theatre great location red square walking distance pianist playing star hotel nice hotel breakfast buffet good size rooms are spacious russian style restaurant staff main attractions high ceilings reception staff central moscow mini bar
Selected filters
Reviewed June 9, 2016

The hotel is located in the entertainment center of Moscow, near Bolshoi theater, shopping and entertainment centers.
The rooms are spacious and the service is great. Great price compared to what the hotel offers

Room tip: The only thing I would be happy if it was better - in the shower, small and weak water flow - but that's secondary to the benefits !
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Svetlana K, Менеджер по связям с общественностью at Peter I Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2016

Dear guest!
Thank you for your very positive comments regarding your stay with us. We have worked very hard over the years in order to receive positive comments like yours. We very much appreciate your review and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed May 20, 2016 via mobile

The hotel is good, but for this price I would expect more attention to detail and nicer rooms. Also, the breakfast buffet is ok but nothing special and the bread is very bad. The plus of the hotel is definitely its location - walking distance to Kremlin and many other major sights in Moscow.

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Svetlana K, Менеджер по связям с общественностью at Peter I Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2016

Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. We highly value views, opinions and feedback from our guests, as this allows us to constantly improve the service we provide. We value and appreciate that you have chosen our hotel, and we look forward to the next opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed May 18, 2016

Hotel is within walking distance of major attractions. Piano man plays lovely music in lobby nightly. Delicious breakfast is offered. Waiters are friendly and I needed an iron and ironing board which came quickly. Soap bars offered are too small and there are no wash cloths. Rooms are clean and free drinking water is provided.

Dear guest!
We thank you for taking the time to share your past experience at Peter I hotel. We really appreciate your positive comments regarding your stay with us. Concerning your comment about soap bars I'm glad to inform you that you can use our laundry service. We very much appreciate your review and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed May 14, 2016

Our first impression of the hotel was the doorman who helped us in with our luggage. Check in was fast and were given our electronic door key cards, one per person.
We were in room 283 which was spacious and comfortable but initially very hot as the hotel's air conditioning had broken down and didn't get fixed till the next day. Even then the room temperature could not be controlled. We had set it to 10 degrees, the lowest possible setting, but it never actually became cool. On that day Moscow was a most unseasonably warm day, 26 Celcius, but it should have been able to cope.
That aside, we were comfortable in the hotel. Our room had a heated bathroom floor and heated towel rail (seemingly the heating could not be turned off), king size bed, bedside tables with lamps, though my lamp was half the brightness of my husband's, wardrobe, room safe, desk, chair, a window that could be opened, arm chair and little table, toiletries, shower over the bath, hair drier, free bottle of water per person per day, shoe shine machine next to the lift, fridge with minibar and free wifi (a bit unreliable though). The buffet breakfast as really good; heaps of hot and cold choices, even including cakes, and I am pleased to say, the selection of teas included green teas.
There is a supermarket in the same street just a block away. Turn left out of the hotel's revolving door and go up to the traffic lights. Cross right and the left so that you are now on the opposite side of the street. About half way along the block is a tiny supermarket and also a grog shop. A bit further along there is a little shopping centre, not really obvious from the street but you will see the Cyrillic word for supermarket outside (just the English word supermarket written in Cyrillic e.g. with the English "s" turned into a "c" etc. An easy word to recognise once you get the hang of the letters that are different and am important one to look up and copy. The supermarket is on the ground floor. Initially we couldn't find it as we had been told it was on the first floor so immediately went up the escalator. However Russia must work on the calling the ground floor the first floor principal.

Room tip: Room 283 is spacious and quiet
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Svetlana K, Менеджер по связям с общественностью at Peter I Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2016

Dear guest!
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback! Your comments are very important as we rely on you, our valued guest to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We value and appreciate that you have chosen our hotel, and we look forward to the next opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed May 9, 2016

When my parents first started travelling the world 50 years ago, the most essential item was a plunger, a tin mug, and a supply of tea. I wish I had remembered their advice as there was no tea, coffee, or kettle provided in the room. They would provide you with a tea pot and cup and saucers; but otherwise if you wanted tea or coffee you had to order it from either room service or from the 24 hour bar, and it cost you. The tv had many channels, but unlike St Petersburg there were none of the familiar English-speaking channels (like BBC, CNBC, CNN) and hence it was difficult to find out what was happening in the world outside Russia. The rooms were spacious, as was the bathroom (but do not drop the soap on the floor when using the shower). One of the greatest puzzlements was the fact that the bathroom ventilation was on full blast 23/7. Not sure why this was so but suspect that it was designed to quickly remove the musty smell when the shower was turned on!
There is a part-time porter (not present when we arrived or left) and a part-time concierge who can arrange seats to the Bolshoi Ballet, or a private tour of the Metro (cost us 5000 roubles which I thought was expensive but which I can highly recommended, There is an extensive buffet breakfast, with sausages but no bacon. You were able to order bacon and fried eggs. The first day I got 2 fried eggs and a few chunks of ham. the second day both my wife and I ended up with two fried eggs. The third day we both got two fried eggs and a single rasher of boiled bacon.
The hotel is centrally situated, about 5 minutes from the Bolshoi theatre, and 10 minutes from Red Square. There are lots of designer label shops around Just up the road was HVM, where the serving staff were bored talking to each other as there appeared to be no customers. Turn left, and there is a large children's store with an outstanding light display. If you want to buy something like cheese or toothpaste there is a shop one block north, turn left and it is about the second shop on the left (bottles of king sized coke in the window). Unlike other shops this one closes at 20.00, and don't forget to take your own plastic carry bags! Didn't eat in the restaurant, but can thoroughly recommend their cheese platter.

1  Thank phebianMelbourne
Svetlana K, Менеджер по связям с общественностью at Peter I Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2016

Dear guest!
Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. We highly value views, opinions and feedback from our guests, as this allows us to constantly improve the service we provide. We appreciate your comments, and hope that you will give us another chance to be of service.