“Great base for exploring Moscow”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Peter I

Peter I
Ranked #40 of 309 Hotels in Moscow
London, United Kingdom
“Great base for exploring Moscow”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2014

Lovely hotel, helpful staff, spacious rooms and ideally located for exploring the sights of Moscow. There are also a few streets nearby with bars and restaurants. The sofa area was very welcome after lots of walking around the city, only slight bug bear was the jacuzzi water was stale and rather smelly. But I would still definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Samantha D
Svetlana K, Менеджер по связям с общественностью at Peter I, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Dear Samantha!
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comfort and satisfaction are of utmost importance to us. We very much appreciate your review and we hope to see you again soon!

Peter I Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
New Forest
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2014

The hotel was an excellent base for my short break in the city, being near the Metro and within walking distance of the Bolshoi, Red Square etc. Rooms are generously proportioned and comfortable and service is generally of a high standard. The leisure centre was appreciated after lots of walking round Moscow. Excellent breakfast buffet, comfortable rooms and generally very helpful, friendly staff. However, the concierge service was disappointing: questions were answered but suggestions weren't given and there was no interest or enthusiasm shown.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Forest54
Svetlana K, Менеджер по связям с общественностью at Peter I, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Dear guest,
Thank you very much for sharing your comments with us on Tripadvisor following your recent stay in Peter I Hotel!
We are delighted to read that you have appreciated our location, the service and the staff attention. Your comments about concierge service are very important as we rely on you, our valued guest to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs.
We very much appreciate your review and we hope to see you again soon!

Yours sincerely,
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2014

The rooms are large, the hotel is within waking distance of all the main sites but it is the hotel staff which really make one's stay comfortable and enjoyable. The receptionists are incredibly friendly and welcoming, the concierge most helpful and efficient. The concierge organised great seats for us for the opera while we were out visiting the city and found these waiting for us upon our return.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Ariesariesk
Dear guest!
Thank you for your nice review, we are delighted to read that we succeeded in providing a great stay. We hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you again soon.

Yours sincerely
Colchester, Connecticut
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014

I had made a reservation for a room for the week of May 4-May 11, 2014., because of the USA Travel ALERT my husband and I decided not to go. All we wanted to do was change this reservation to another date. I realized that the room was non-refundable . I envisioned a fee would be incurred because of the time and paperwork involved, however, they did NOTHING for us. They said we would have to pay a change fee which was the entire cost of the room charge.( 1,083.00.)This is a four star hotel and yet they wouldn't move a finger to help us They need to work on customer satisfaction. It's been a dream of my husband to go to Russia since he was a little boy.Changing our dates was not a result of a choice but necessity. We will someday go to Russia, however, we will tell our friends, families and social media( face book) of the awful service Peter I Hotel gave us or should I say didn't give us. If this how they treat potential guests I say shame on them. We do not recommend this hotel. Should they reverse their decision. I will gladly spread the word to all how magnificent they were through social media and Trip advisor. I was so looking forward to the experience of being welcomed by Peter I Hotel. That will not happen or will it? Peter I Hotel do the right thing. Change our dates and we take a loss of one night. Carol from Connecticut USA

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Carol B
Svetlana K, Менеджер по связям с общественностью at Peter I, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Dear Carol,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. We feel really sorry to read that our service did not meet your expectation. Our nonrefundable policy allows us to keep fares low for all guests. In case of changing the reservation dates you have to pay a change fee due to the difference between the rates.

Yours sincerely,
Netanya, Israel
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014

Nice hotel and really great location, near Kremlin. Rooms are good , clean and quiet, breakfast is good. Service is good, quick and polite.
Some small issues: Second floor is all (or partially - at least 3 rooms I and my colleagues visited) designed for handicapped visitors, but rooms are given to non-handicapped persons. It has some inconveniences in the shower for example. Also, the minibar in my room was locked, I had to ask to unlock it.

Room Tip: Second floor has rooms for handicapped.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank SlonVManto
Ksenia M, Менеджер по связям с общественностью at Peter I, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your kind feedback relating to your recent stay with us.
We are happy to know that we met your expectations and you enjoyed our location, breakfast and overall stay.
Please accept our deepest apology for the over-all issues you had and any inconvenience you may have encountered that did not live up to your expectations. We want to assure you that our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. For that reason, the comments are troubling and will certainly be looked into.
Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to show you how great our hotel is.

With kind regards,
Marshavina Ksenia
Moscow
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014

No doubt: the Peter 1 is an excellent - and rather sophisticated - place to stay when in Moscow. Can't dream of a better location, friendly and professional service. Comfortable rooms and…not to be dismissed, a splendid fitness, pool and sauna.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com

2 Thank Berry G
Ksenia M, Управляющий at Peter I, responded to this review, March 16, 2014
Dear Berry,
Thank you very much for sharing your comments with us on Tripadvisor following your recent stay in Moscow!
We are delighted that you enjoyed the hotel, the location and its services and hope that we will be able to welcome you back very soon!

Yours sincerely
Marshavina Ksenia, PR manager.
Kyiv
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014

In general, the hotel is Ok, but there is one thing: they charge you for Internet! It costs about EUR 14 per day. I hope they earn good money on it, sufficient to cover non-received revenue from the customers who choose a normal hotel with normal practice next time.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business