“Quite expensive but ok”

Ranked #41 of 316 Hotels in Moscow
BW
“Quite expensive but ok”
Reviewed March 23, 2012

The Hotel is quite centrally situated and close to our office. In my opinion the prices are quite expensive, but this seems to be normsl for Moscow.

I don't like carpet in hotel rooms, but often there is no choice.

Breakfast was ok, the staff is in general friendly. But the first invoice was issued to me personally instead of the company and my Caipi at the hotel bar was everything but not a Caipi (some clear alcohol eith two slices of yellow lemon).

To sum it up: it is ok, located centrally but quite expensive.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Sonja B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Frankfut
Reviewed February 8, 2012

that's about it for the highlights on this one. Windows couldn't be opened, heat couldn't be turned down, bathroom smelled mildly mildew-y despite being spotlessly clean. Bed was fine, breakfast good, free fast wifi in lobby. Conclusion: there's got to be better deals in town, I'll b looking for one next time business takes me to Moscow.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank AnsgarAbroad
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed December 22, 2011

Found through Expedia. It has turned out to be an excellent surprise for me. I was additionally lucky since it was snowing so peacefully. Kremlin, Tsum, Bolshoy all of them are withing walking distance. It is huge luxury if you think of the terrible traffic of Moscow.
Kuznetsky Most Metro station is only 150meters away.
If you arrive at beautiful Sheremetyevo D or E or F terminal take the Aeroexpress and reach within 35minutes to Belorusskaya train station. Then take the metro to K. Most.
Never ever use a taxi in Moscow. You will miss all Your appointments.

Peter I is a very good value hotel.

Room Tip: Street view is not the greatest. Hence You should either work in the room or walk to everywhere. The...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank JuanCarlos_11
Larnaka City, Cyprus
Reviewed December 22, 2011

Stayed there for 2 nights this month! The location couldnt be better in moscow, right next to tsum and few steps from bolshoi and red square. Service very good, rooms very cleaned and specious but need to be designed in better colours as is too classic. For me at least. With this location if it would be renovated in more modern design that would be the best ! Cause has a good gym, sauna, steam bath and spa! Locationwise wouldnt be better!

• Stayed December 2011
2 Thank kikola12
The Hague, The Netherlands
Reviewed November 26, 2011

Good hotel in the centre of Moscow. As all other hotels in moscow expensive!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Richard4570
uppsala
Reviewed October 30, 2011

Stayed here for an extended weekend in october.
First off, the standard is not five star, it´s not as luxurys and the pampering is not what you wolud expect at a five star hotel, they should provide free wi-fi.
Still it´s a good hotel. The high points being ,the great location and the rooms are also verry spaiouis and comftarble.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 17, 2011

I had a really clean, spacious room with a comfy bed and large bathroom. It was on the 5th floor and could still hear the traffic which didn’t bother me but perhaps ask for a side room if you are a light sleeper. The breakfast was great, with a large choice of hot and cold options. Moscow is an expensive city but actually wasn’t as bad as I thought. A beer in the hotel was £6 and I had a gorgeous soup in the bar for £5. Its a great hotel to stay in anyway but the highlight is definitely that its only a 5-10min walk to all the sights. The Metropole and the Ararat Hyatt are slightly closer and looked like lovely hotels but I imagine the price difference is huge. The staff we met in the Peter 1st were friendly and polite, we ended up booking our transfer back to the airport with them.
We had a lovely meal at a restaurant called Dodo’s which was about 5 min walk north of the hotel. It is a gorgeous restaurant that doesn’t feel touristy at all (but does have an English translation in the menu) A meal for 2 with drinks (4 bottles of beer and 2 cocktails) was £80. Cocktails were cheaper than bottles of beer. The menu was seasonal with a cocktail list to match, I had a lovely mushroom & hazelnut risotto with a chilli baked butternut squash and my friend had a beef ravioli.... both fantastic and we had autumnal vodka cocktails as recommended by the waiter.
It is always good to be cautious but I felt that many of my fears of safety were unfounded. Moscow, bizarrely felt really quiet compared to London. We found it really easy to get around and booked a fantastic day tour with Moscow Private Tours, simply to avoid the hassle of trying to buy tickets and read signs but it was probably the best thing we did as we learnt so much about the city from a local point of view.
My only negative point about Moscow was the traffic. If you are going to get taxi transfers from the airports then definitely give yourself extra time... even more so than is advised. Our transfer into Moscow at 5pm on a Thursday took 1hr 15 min but the transfer back at 2.30pm on a Saturday took over 2 hours and the journey was pretty hair-raising, it was the only time I felt unsafe during my time there. Although it takes a long time, for me personally I still would have taken a taxi rather than try and navigate the train/tube option. I’m sure if you are well prepared it will be fine but I personally didn’t want the hassle and risk going the wrong way. It worked out about £50 for a taxi each way.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends