“Terrific stay”

Ranked #9 of 316 Hotels in Moscow
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Terrific stay”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Great hotel with a terrific location. It has an outstanding roof top bar with an awesome view of Red Square that is not to be missed! Definitely the best place to stay in Moscow! I would avoid the rooms with interior view since it can be a bit depressing. The service is a little cold and could do with some improvements but it did not affect my stay.

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed August 27, 2013

My family and I stayed at the Ritz Carlton hotel in Moscow on August 2, 2013. This was the first hotel we stopped by during our family trip to Russia and France.
We have visited couple different cities and spend overnights at different hotels during our vacation. When we get to Paris, I just realized my daughter's camera was missing. I had no clue where she left it. I just gave it a try without any hopes emailing the hotels that we had stayed before Paris trip. Fortunately, one of the hotel replied my email, "Your camera is save in our lost and found dept." That was The Ritz Carlton, Moscow.
I was thrilled and happy.

After all, the hotel sent it back to my home country (Indonesia), and I received it safely when I got home from the trip.
What a great place to stay.

Thank You Ritz Carlton.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank William H
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed August 21, 2013

If you only had one night in Moscow this would be the place to stay, Short distance to the Kremlin, the Bolshoi and many other sites, Great rooms with totally comfortable rooms, The terrace restaurant on the roof is a place to go for the view and a drink but not the food, The staff is very helpful and Alexsandra (concierge) is knowledgeable and helpful.

Room Tip: Don't book any room the ends with 36...noise
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

Great ambience. Good Service. Neat cozy bed and bath. The High speed wifi helped me get connected to my folks. The lighting options and curtain control was good. Masala Tea sachets provided in the room was welcome. Two complementary water bottles are provided. Great location

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Rajiv M
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Just stayed at this hotel for four night and over a weekend. It was very well located and right by a metro station and walking distance to many major sights. Across the street from the kremlin. The hotel is very grand, old Russian feel. Nice spacious room and a nice bathroom. I had an appointment at the spa and it was excellent. Breakfast was included and is full of variety. However, I must warn anyone who is staying in in the next month or so that the hotel is undergoing massive renovation and is therefore VERY noisy at all hours of the day. Drilling starts at 7:30am and does not stop until 8 pm. Weekends included!! We were on the second floor of the hotel and the noise was very very disturbing. I could not sleep in on Saturday due to the drilling, all day! When I tried to nap in the afternoon I was not successful because the drilling was still going on. When I made a reservation the hotel did not warn me of this nor at check in and only upon arriving at my room was there a note informing me of this and "thanking me for my understanding". Um, I had no choice since the room was paid for already. Had I known about the noise I possibly would've stayed elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank jerugirl
Ekaterinburg
Reviewed August 16, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on our way to Maldives and we enjoyed our stay there. Most hotels in Russia have problems with staff and service. They could have rich interior but staff can kill all your best feelings. This hotel is real Ritz-Carlton like many other hotels from this chain. The interior ideally combines historical and modern styles. The staff is highly trained and they do their best to make you feel like at home. Also there are many historical places in step accesibility from hotel: The Moscow Kremlin, The Red Square, many museums, gallery of luxury boutiques, restaurants, Arbat street etc. Also there are some best restaurants placed inside the Ritz-Carlton.
We had a transfer to the airport and our driver and his car looked very respectable. If we'll have stay in Moscow in future- only in Ritz-Carlton. I can recommend this hotel for those who like world class service and accomodation.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Jakarta, Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Big rooms, I did not expect to see get so much space in Moscow. The location of the hotel is walking distance from the Red Square. Our room is facing the main road, we watch the Victory Day Parade from our room. The rooftop bar is very nice, you can see the Red Square and St Basil's Cathedral.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple