“Great location, awesome spa, and helpful concierge”

The Ritz-Carlton, Moscow
Ranked #9 of 327 Hotels in Moscow
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the RC Moscow. Very much appreciated their helpful concierge who were able to suggest great city trips, tours, and restaurants. Spa is so beautiful and very relaxing - we napped every time we visited.

Location is very central. Cross the road and you're at Red Square. Tsum and Gum are also in the immediate neighborhood.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ezraulo
Write a ReviewReviews (1,703)

Reviewed March 10, 2013

I ve been there on 8-th of march. Everything was great. No any disadvantages. So dear foreign tourist who didn t like it. It is strange as I ve visited a lot of hotels of such class from different chains. This is one of the best. Because it is historical located in the very center of moscow and really luxurous.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 22, 2013

One of the most famous hotels in Moscow and the location is the best (few minutes to Red Square and view from above overlooks the square itself).

Hotel is opulent and very grandeur.

The only qualm I have with this hotel, given the price and the expectation of it being one of the best hotels in Moscow - is that in the room there are a few things lacking such as hair dryer, coffee amenities and Kettle (I presume to entice you down to the lobby cafe to spend a ridiculous amount on rubles on some coffee grains - very overpriced).

Breakfast was nice, but not that impressive. Some uninspiring cereals (bland cornflakes) and some overly creamy birchers muesli - far too rich to consume. Also the fruit juices were luke warm and again not very fresh.

However I would stay again, it is indeed a beautiful hotel and all the wonders of Moscow on your doorstep.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank SarahGrant
Reviewed February 21, 2013

This hotel is probably one of the finest I have ever stayed in. From the moment they took me up to the club level for my check in, in the most proper and cordial way possible in a private lounge with impeccable finishes and service. The suite that was given to me was probably the best largest most comfortable room I have ever taken. The cleanliness of this hotel is immaculate, and the beds are one of the best i have ever slept in.
Ive never really been that impressed about the personal efforts taken by the staff to outdo themselves. i had just mentioned to the concierge my wife and I had our 5 year anniversary in those days and they prepared a cake in the form of a 5, chocolate covered strawberries and a bottle of champagne all on the very own initiative. I was shocked ! all complimentary, they didn't even take my tip? Highly recommended with the best location in Moscow. My new favourite!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Alex T
Reviewed February 11, 2013

A MUST. As described with over the top service. Great room, checkin fast, the property timeless and value with the offerings and price point. Food and Beverage, stellar, and a nice location. If you are travelling, consider this location for your stay. My partner and I truly enjoyed the location and the offerings.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 8, 2013

We have staed at many hotels from no stars to 5+ stars but this is probably the best hotel we have experienced especially outwith the Far East. It is pretty expensive but definitely worth it. The service is understated but superb from the concierge to the reception staff to the waiters - all are excellent. The lobby is wonderful for people watching. The location is ideal for the Kremlin and Red Square and as it's is right next to a metro station its easy to get around the rest of Moscow (helps if you can read cyrillic scrypt though !!). Our room was spacious and turndown always happened regardless of when we went out ( not the case in all hotels of this standard). The shoe shine is also a great service especially when you are visiting in Moscow when there's lots of snow. The O2 lounge is very expensive but the experience and the views are worth paying for.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Persephone20
Reviewed February 7, 2013

We stayed at the Ritz Carlton few times, during my husband's business trips to Moscow. I must say the hotel by itself is comfortable enough, give or take few details. But one experience while staying there has left us quite shocked. There is a cash machine in the lobby, and we have decided to replenish our Rubles simply by withdrawing cash from the machine at supposedly respectable hotel. I have introduced Barclay Visa into the machine, entered my PIN code, maximum amount allowed for withdrawal (8000 Rubles) and started to wait. After producing few sounds and shakes, machine has given me back the card, but no cash. We have summoned hotel manager, a nice young lady called Anna Maltseva (Анна Мальцева) who has advised us to write a complaint, and promised to get to the bottom of all of it. Few hours later she has called us into the room and told us that, after evening cash count, there was INDEED AN EXCESS of 8000 rubles found in the cash machine, but they cannot give it to me because the cash machine belongs to a certain Russian bank, not to the hotel, and I should deal with the bank directly: send a complaint to them, and they would get to the bottom of it....We did exactly as advised, but to no avail. After a lengthy correspondence, numerous trips to my local Barclays Bank branch (which also has written to that Credit Bank Europa that the money were indeed debited from my account), another business trip to Moscow with my husband and another meeting with the hotel manager regarding this incident, I have simply given up. The last email I have received from Credit Bank Europa said that they have decided not to credit the money back to my account, because this amount could still be sitting in my account, although my bank manager has sent them a copy of my bank statement showing that 8000 rubles were withdrawn on that date. What can I do? As my husband Russian partner has said: "those 8000 were already shared by all parties involved, just forget about it". Which I did.

Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business