1,847 results
All reviews rooftop bar red square the club lounge top floor four seasons caviar perfect location basil's cathedral fantastic hotel concierge service rooms are spacious tverskaya street bolshoi theatre business trip metro station novikov rc
Reviewed September 7, 2012

The hotel is magnificent. You expect good staff and service at Ritz, and they certainly deliver that attention to detail here with warm charm, professional enthusiasm and in English. The location is unrivaled within minutes walk to Red Square. Worth that extra splurge is to indulge yourself and stay on the Club Floor. The views from the outdoor terrace, and the attention to service details and quailty food and beverage snacks all day, awesome. Another Moscow Must would be the O2 lounge on the very top floor for the even better better views of the Kremlin and St Basil. Be prepared for rain. Do eat a mile away at Pushkins Cafe on library floor.

Room Tip: High level overlooking Red Square-
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Amazing location, just a short walk from Kremlin and Red Square. The room was a good size and the staff was very helpful. We were delivered truffles (YUM). The breakfast included was a great variety with traditional food and some international additions. We never had to look far for a staff member who spoke English. This was my first experience staying at a Ritz, but I have stayed at other Luxury hotels. I would definately go back!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Note: This review is only for the lounge, not the hotel.
The O2 Lounge on the rooftop of the Ritz-Carlton hands down has the best views in the city! It's open and airy, with comfy chairs and tables. Oh, but my, is it expensive! They have an extensive cocktail list, and the bartender will pretty much make you anything you want. The menu is limited, unless you want sushi. The sushi menu is varied, although difficult to get just what you want without paying an arm and a leg, as not too many combinations. It's cool and easy during the day and early evening, full of beautiful people quietly milling around. As with another reviewer, I didn't get the "Miami" thing. I was told by a waiter that they just choose a city each year, and that year it was Miami. I didn't get the impression that they did anything to the core ambience or menu to present a Miami "theme". In the evening, it almost turns into a nightclub. What fun! You don't get the views, but you do get a very pleasant mixture of wealthy tourists and a round helping of Russian elites - mostly younger, attractive women. I'm a woman, so I don't know if they were prostitutes, as mentioned by some other reviewers, but, in any event, they were quite pleasant and fun to talk to. I didn't see anyone get "picked up" in any manner that looked like prostitution to me. The service is great during the day. Absolutely. I even got escort from the lobby to the lounge, and great input on how to choose one of the Ritz's restaurants. But at night, expect to wait. But, by then, you're in a bar atmosphere - and one does wait at bars! But it's not a bad wait, and the atmosphere is lively and fun. Hands down, the best summer spot in Moscow! Warning: It doesn't come cheap!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Amnesty1
Reviewed August 19, 2012

First started with phone call last Tuesday to enquire about reservation : not knowledgeable lady at reception and franckly, rude
Decided I'd give my money to another hotel
As I wanted to see the bar, i decided for a coffee on the terrace.
In brief : awfull
The waiter brought 2 small cappuccini made with an automatic machine and a sugar stirrer
We asked for a bottle of water
No ice, no lemon slice, no coaster, no biscuit
Waiter came with silver tray and paper round napkin in tray : the napkin was disgusting : old coffee stains....
The tables were dirty, the sofas cushions were dirty...
And the uniforms of the staff : no better than a 7eleven round the corner
The clou was : rur 1690 for all this....or more than 40eur......
We didn't leave a tip......

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
6  Thank Deflumine
Ekaterina G, Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Moscow, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2012

Dear Sir,

I appreciate your valuable comment on O2 Lounge. Such comments help us to identify mistakes and inefficiencies that we had not been aware of otherwise. But I truly regret that your first visit to our hotel ended with such an unpleasant experience. Please accept my sincere apologies.

We are working hard to provide the finest service to each of our guests. So I do hope that you will give us an opportunity to suggest a personal resolution to the issues you have had. Please contact me at ekaterina.gey@ritzcarlton.com and we will strive to completely resolve the problem to your full satisfaction.

Warmest Regards,

Mob.: +7 909 646 92 92
Fax.: +7 495 225 8400
ekaterina.gey@ritzcarlton.com

Reviewed August 18, 2012

Hotel lives up to the RC standard. Centrally located a short walk from Red Square and St. Basil's. Rooms were well appointed with great climate control, but shower temps were hard to control on anything but scalding. Service was spectacular. Be sure to have dinner or otherwise visit the O2 lounge which has great rooftop views. Breakfast buffet was adequate but cooked to order eggs have yet to be cooked to what I actually ordered (f'd up my order all 3 mornings). Gym was pretty mood, open 24/7...but pool is not open until 7:30.

Room Tip: Not at the front of the hotel, front lamps light up rooms even with black out curtain
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business