1,833 results
All reviewsrooftop barred squarethe club loungetop floorfour seasonscaviarperfect locationbasil's cathedralfantastic hotelconcierge servicerooms are spacioustverskaya streetbolshoi theatrebusiness tripmetro stationnovikovrc
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Went here with a colleague because I heard that the view was amazing. It took a while to place an order and for the drinks to arrive. My colleague tried to ask for nuts, as she could not eat any of the chips or other food items that were there. The waiter said he was too busy to go downstairs to get any. I tried to ask another waiter a question, but he spoke no English at all. There didn't seem to be enough wait staff for the number of people at the bar. The views are very nice, but that is only from one side of the roof top. The other side faces Tverskaya Street and there is nothing to photograph. I don't really get the theme "Miami" either. Overall, I was very disappointed. I expected a lot from a 5 star hotel, and this experience fell way below the mark. I will not return.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank adz10
Ekaterina G, Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Moscow, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2012

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for visiting O2 Lounge at The Ritz-Carlton, Moscow and your valuable feedback.

I deeply regret that the waiters were not responsive to your and your colleague’s wishes and needs and the view was limited. Please accept my sincere apologies for not delivering on expectations you have had.

Your comment was taken very seriously by the hotel team and we have already had additional trainings for our staff.

I do hope that you will give us an opportunity to suggest a personal resolution to the issues you have had. Please contact me at ekaterina.gey@ritzcarlton.com and we will strive to completely resolve the problem to your full satisfaction.

Yours sincerely,

Russia
Tel.: +7 495 225 8888
Fax: +7 495 225 8400

Reviewed July 28, 2012

5 Star location with 3 star service and the prices are shockingly high.
Location:
If you want to be next to the Kremlin, Red Square and the best central location, this is a great choice. The hotel itself is beautiful with style and charm and wonderful rooms. 5 minute walk to Red Square and many great tourist attractions.
Service:
The service is spotty depending on the time of day or part of the hotel you are frequenting. For example, if you want the best views, go the roof-top bar called O2. From there, you can see the Kremlin. However, the service was real poor. Twice I waited over 15-20 minutes before a waiter/waitress showed up to order a beer. The bar in the lobby, however, has great service.
The prices at the hotel are very high. I was paying over $15 for a draught beer. My sandwich was $25 or $30 at lunch. I had a rate that included breakfast, otherwise it would be about $55 for the breakfast buffet (which was very nice).
Internet:
The internet was included in my price. I'm not sure if there is a charge for it...but it was the worst internet connectivity I've had in years. They give you an 8 digit password to log on, and even though I clicked on "remember me" each time, I had to log in up to 10 times a day. It kicks you off and makes you log in almost every time you want to use the internet. Frustrating and annoying. However, I'm not sure if the hotel itself can do better as there is only 1 internet provider for hotels from what I understand.
Rooms:
I loved my room. It was standard size with a king bed. The room was beautiful and the bed was awesome. The bathroom was huge; the shower is the size of a walk-in closet...just great. I would rate the room as the best part of the trip. It was quiet, comfortable, and allowed me to have great sleep.
Tips for saving money:
If you are on a budget but want the location...don't order any food or drinks from the hotel. Within 5 minutes you can find less expensive alternatives including a supermarket across the street and several reasonably priced cafes and restaurants.
Prostitution:
This part of town is known for very high-end prostitutes. Russian women, in general, like to dress up and look their best especially in this part of town...so you won't necessarily know who is who. However, don't be surprised if you are making conversation with a beautiful woman at the restaurant or bar nearby and she propositions you. Just politely say "I'm not interested" and they go away. There's a bar nearby that is full of prostitutes called Night Flight. Stay away. The locals know this place is for tourists that want to spend $1,000 for a beautiful woman or 2. Several guys I know went there just to see and they said it was full of models but within 2 minutes they were getting propositions left and right. Yikes! Stay away.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank stevetanyaTexas
Ekaterina G, Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Moscow, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2012

Dear stevetanyaTexas,

Thank you for staying at The Ritz-Carlton, Moscow.

We have noticed your comment on Trip Advisor and we highly appreciate the fact that you have found time to share your valuable feedback. At The Ritz-Carlton, Moscow we take such comments seriously as it helps us to constantly improve the quality of service and strive for excellence.

We regret to learn that you did not fully enjoy your stay with us due to the level of service, speed of WiFi signal and the pricing levels being not up to your satisfaction. Please accept our sincere apologies for not delivering on expectations you have had.

At the same time we do hope that you give us an opportunity to look into your concerns in more details. Please contact me at ekaterina.gey@ritzcarlton.com and it will be my pleasure to look at further ways to completely resolve the issue you have had to your full satisfaction.

Yours Sincerely,

Russia
Tel.: +7 495 225 8888
Fax.: +7 495 225 8400

Reviewed July 24, 2012

we stayed like a wedding couple last week.
1. check in. reception staff authorized our credit card for the amount 45 000 RUR, instead of 5 000 RUR. but than they reblocked it the same date.
2. we asked for early breakfast, but they forgot about this. nobody bring it to us. we asked to bring us a chair, they brought it 40 minutes after the second request.
3. the second night, 40 minutes before our arrival I asked to bring ice to the room to make our wine cool. but when I arrived, they did nothing. I need to call them back again.
4. the day of our departure housekeeping waked us up and asked about cleaning the room. I do not this, because I leave the room at 12:00.
5. the bed is excellent.
6. staff are very friendly.

after all this situations we got the nice compensation from the manager.
as for me, I think, that there are a lot of departments in the hotel, that is why my requests were lose too many times.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Roman A
Reviewed July 22, 2012

The bedroom was excellent,well equipped, very clean and wifi free and worked well. The staff were all very good in every area of the hotel. Pool and spa was also great (although I didn't try any treatments).
The big downside is the breakfast - the room is very drab, gloomy and noisy. It was not a pleasant experience and nor did I think the dining room was particularly clean. The tables are wooden and were generally a bit 'sticky'. We managed to have breakfast in the Club lounge one day as the dining room was full and this was superb - I would only visit the hotel again if I had access to that area for breakfast.
The O2 lounge on the top floor is fantastic and the views across to the Kremlin absolutely outstanding - but be prepared to dig VERY deep in your pockets, with champagne at £40 a glass and cocktails at about £20.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Hands down, one of the nicest hotels I've stayed at in the world. Incredible location, fabulous room, and the famoud Ritz pampering.

Room Tip: Rooms on the inner courtyard are quiter, those along the fornt have a great view, but the street below is busy and can be noisey.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business