Godzillas Hostel
$182
$178
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Vega Hotel & Convention Center(Moscow)(Great Value!)
$41
  • Restaurant
Courtyard by Marriott Moscow City Center(Moscow)(Great Value!)
$88
Agoda.com
$601
$520
  • Pool
All reviewscommon roomred squarebed dormmetro stationminute walkcentral moscowenglishkremlinvodka
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Free phone calls to USA country code, great kitchen with water filter, and just a walk in sight of Red Square. The Bentleys are a bit intimidating with all the new wealth of the Moscovites. Directions from the large metro interchange, on the major streets, would be easier to follow even if it was a few more steps. They charged 6 times as much for police registration than in Leningrad. I didn't bother to do it when I stayed again for my r/t flight home.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Hostel very clean with nice facilities. Location is good about 20 min walk to red square. Unfortunately the directions to find the place are lacking and staff were not too helpful. Request more detailed instructions on walk to hostel from metro!

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Do you stop listening or reading at the word "hostel"? Do you conjure up images of huge dorms with rows of bunk beds and metal lockers, or dirty kitchens and wild parties? Wipe your mind clean! Think of this instead: Traveling internationally on a budget, entering your hostel to a friendly greeting in English, being surrounded by helpful fellow travelers and stray guidebooks left behind. No need to spend lots of money eating out several times a day, as a full kitchen is available for your use - store food, prepare a meal, share your own culture's cuisine with others if you'd like. Wine and beer sometimes flow freely in the evenings, so be ready to make new friends if you have interest. No? Fine - free wireless throughout the property will keep you entertained solo, or use the desktops in the lobby. All in all, a good deal for the price. Simple living.

Room Tip: Tell the staff what you need - they are very willing to help out. Stay away from the lounge areas if you like quiet. We needed an extra day because I got confused when reserving, and they managed to get us in a room someone was just leaving. Held our belongings all day and had them waiting in the room for us upon our return from exploring the Kremlin. All of the private rooms are tiny, but certainly good enough for a sound night's sleep.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2012

Godzillas was located in a really good spot in Moscow close to red square and heaps of bars and restaurants. The staff were friendly and helpful and the facilities were great. The kitchens were impressively clean and tidy. I stayed in a 9 bed dorm which, in the height of summer, did become unbearably hotly the night causing me to stay awake for a good 3 hours in the middle of the night. Other than that my experience was positive.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 27, 2012

First of all, they need to update the map. there is no pizza hut to turn at. Make sure you exit the GREY line (transfer from the green underground if you need to). Then turn immediately left outside the station and walk up a people free path to the next main road and turn left. The Hostel is on the street, but the street juts right making it look harder to find.

The only positives I can say is that the showers were hot and the bed was comfortable. They have ceiling fans installed - however they installed them in front of the lights - so if you have both on, there are terrible moving shadows - giving you a headache. Also, you can't keep the window open if you are on the front of the building as all the smokers stand out there smoking all day/night long. Also, you can call the US - which was nice, but only if they can find the cordless phone. It was gone for over 8 hours and when I asked about it they didn't know - I"m glad your security TV's are so helpful!

The walkway to the hostel is totally empty - and not a great place to walk when coming back from St. Basil's in the dark.

Lastly, and most importantly, was the taxi scam and registration fee. We were told in St. Petersburg we were registered for our whole stay - but they made us feel stupid and like it was wrong and we should re-register for 600 R each.

The most unforgivable part was the taxi. We had to be at the airport before the metro started - so we needed a taxi. I asked about a taxi to the train station and the employee told me there rate was 1,000 (it's one metro station away!) I asked if that was the best rate. He looked around, then told me to stop back tomorrow night and he could call a different company for me for 400-500. WOW.

So, I got online and looked around. I found a place online that would take me all the way to the airport for 1200! I went out to the reception to ask them about a taxi to the airport and was told all their taxis were full for the morning. I said good, call this number for me. They called and made me a reservation. The taxi was great! If you are stuck at Godzilla (I'm sorry) look online for a better deal for a taxi. I understand a little mark up for them, but that amount is unacceptable.

I would certainly find somewhere else to stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple