“Chosen on location and familiarity has benefits”

Holiday Inn Moscow Lesnaya
Ranked #34 of 326 Hotels in Moscow
Reviewed March 4, 2014

It is always misleading to write a review when you have been upgraded to the executive floor, which happened on this visit. We stay at Holiday Inn, Lesnaya about 3 times a year and as regular visits we were upgraded on this occasion, nice surprise. Very good room - more space and exclusive use of a 8th floor lounge providing light food and more importantly a breakfast. No complaints and of course I will be back in May. I should add the staff were attentive and helpful. General decor looking tired otherwise would have given 5 stars.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Julia_Vorobyeva, Marketing coordinator at Holiday Inn Moscow Lesnaya, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

Dear Martyn H,

Thank you for staying at Holiday Inn Moscow Lesnaya and taking time to share your experience. It is always a great pleasure for us to get such an honorable feedback from a loyal guest. We are happy that you appreciated our helpful and polite staff. We do utmost to make your stay comfortable and pleasant.

We would be happy to welcoming you again in Holiday Inn Moscow Lesnaya in May.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Moscow Lesnaya

Reviewed March 2, 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights last week on business and found the hotel to be very adequate for a business trip and would probably work well for a weekend break. The rooms are big and light and feel very comfortable. The breakfast is very good and the bar area relaxing. Overall a good solid hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Phileasafy
Julia_Vorobyeva, Marketing coordinator at Holiday Inn Moscow Lesnaya, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

Dear Phileasafy,

Thank you for staying at Holiday Inn Moscow Lesnaya during your business trip and taking time to share your experience. We are glad to know that you liked our big, bright and comfortable rooms. It is a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed tasty breakfasts in “Red & White” restaurant. Your valuable comments are of great importance for us.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

Just as with my previous stay, the comments here are simple - this is an excellent no frills, business oriented hotel.

The breakfast is pretty decent, and the downstairs bar has a good selection of snack.

Long story short - a definite repeat, when the price is right.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Julia_Vorobyeva, marketing coordinator at Holiday Inn Moscow Lesnaya, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Dear DrSavant,

Thank you for staying at Holiday Inn Moscow Lesnaya during your visit to Moscow and taking time to share your comments. It is a pleasure to know that you enjoyed tasty and always fresh breakfasts in our restaurant and the variety of snacks in our bar. We do utmost to make your stay pleasurable.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

I picked especially to travel to Sheremetyevo airport with minimum hassle avoiding infamous Moscow traffic jams. Aeroexpress terminal is just around the corner, max. 10-15 minutes to get into a train.
The hotel is brand new and accordingly smells nice and clean. Not much facilities in the hotel, but plenty in the walking distance.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Al C
Julia_Vorobyeva, Marketing coordinator at Holiday Inn Moscow Lesnaya, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Dear Al C,

Thank you for staying at Holiday Inn Moscow Lesnaya during your visit to Moscow and taking time to give a feedback. It is a pleasure to know that you enjoyed hotel’s convenient location at a walking distance to Belorusskaya metro station.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

I sent below e-mail to IHG and want to share this with you - please think before staying at this hotel...

Thing is to achieve my goal in the Big Win promotion I need to stay at three IHG brands. I already had two brands covered and decided to spend the night in Moscow HI Lesnaya hotel on my home town, since hotel is located 10 min drive from my house. I checked in on Saturday at 3 pm – got upgrade from Executive room I booked to Executive Suite, since hotel was almost empty, room was fine, nothing fancy. I arrived with my friend, who wasn’t checked in with me and hotel didn’t get any of his details/passport/name or anything in their system. After we got to the room and I unpacked I understood that I forgot remote control from my digital TV player at home, which I took with me to see the movies, so I asked my friend to stay in the room while I go back home. I left hotel and got back in 30 minutes. While I was away my companion decided to go to executive lounge and to check the gym. But when he got to the gym floor and was trying to get back to the room his key card wasn’t working. So he went back downstairs, reception stuff team changed at that time, so they never saw this guy – for them he was a person who just came upon reception from somewhere at the hotel. So he asked for his key to be renewed and give the room number. Reception stuff (3 people present) didn’t bother to check his ID, or ask name of the person staying in the room or did ANYTHING to protect the privacy of the room occupant. He got the key and went back. I arrived to hotel – my key wasn’t working now, because he got new one, which I didn’t know of course, so I came to reception myself to get new key and same story happen again. I was very surprised and since I’m staying a lot in the hotel I asked front desk supervisor if this is a normal practice for them to give up the key to any person who asked for the keys, stuff wasn’t sure. When I found out when I got back to the room that exactly same situation happen with my friend 10 minutes ago and reception stuff without any ID or any authorization gave the key to my room to total stranger I went down to see the manager on duty.
...

Room Tip: cheap furniture, not sure if this place worth the money...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FedyaInMoscow
Julia_Vorobyeva, General Manager at Holiday Inn Moscow Lesnaya, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

Dear FedyaInMoscow,
The hotel has already replied you directly when you were staying with us.
It looks that a heart gesture of hospitality was wrongly treated by you and i am very upset about it. All further actions of yours like trying to intimidate and taint the hotel's reputation are not appreciated.
For those who read this review i'd like to comment that front desk person was right near when you and your guest (who was standing behind you at check-in and then you went together to the elevators) were checking-in and this is the only reason why you and your guest didn't face a formal procedure.

All guest corridors and elevator halls are covered by our security cameras and access to the floors and rooms is only possible with the guest's keycard.
Making sure that hotel guests feel safe and comfortable is our top priority and our guests may be assured that their security in the hotel is 100% guaranteed.

We look forward to welcoming our guests in Holiday Inn Moscow Lesnaya hotel.

Sincerely
Maxim Brodovsky

Reviewed February 15, 2014

The hotel is very convenient located, everything is in walking distance. Being an elite member of the priority club I got an upgrade to a junior suite which was excellent. The room vas very clean and the bed (king size) very comfortable.
The staff is very friendly, polite and helpful. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: join the priority club to get upgrades
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Svetlana S, Marketing coordinator at Holiday Inn Moscow Lesnaya, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Dear Rainer S,

Thank you for staying at Holiday Inn Moscow Lesnaya during your visit to Moscow and taking time to share your experience. It is a pleasure to know that you were satisfied with your clean room with comfortable bed. We are glad to hear that you liked not only the convenient location of our hotel in a walking distance to the Belorusskaya Metro Station, but also friendly, kind and attentive hotel’s staff.

Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

We got an excellent price online- less than $200 a night- for this centrally located American style hotel on Lesnaya during late January. It's within easy walking distance of Belorusskaya Metro station, which is on the green line (Domodedovo Airport is on this line) and the circle line, providing easy access to many points around the city. Red Square, for example, is 2 stops away. The rooms are clean, spacious and quiet. Customer service was excellent: we arrived from another city early one morning by bus and they graciously accommodated us many hours before official check in for a reduced price. Free internet service is available in the lobby and for a fee in the rooms. There is a cafe/bar in the lobby which serves breakfast, but there are several restaurants and cafes catering for all meals within 2-3 blocks of the hotel. They were also willing to secure our bags after check out while we explored the city for a few more hours. Overall, it was a seamless, stress free experience for an American who was a bit nervous about what to expect from a Russian hotel
outside of the Ritz-Carlton/Four Seasons class. We definitely recommend it!

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank skdavids
Julia_Vorobyeva, Marketing coordinator at Holiday Inn Moscow Lesnaya, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Dear skdavids,

Thank you for staying at Holiday Inn Moscow Lesnaya during your visit to Moscow and taking time to share your experience. It is a pleasure to know that you enjoyed hotel’s convenient location at a walking distance to Belorusskaya metro station. We are happy to hear, that you were satisfied with clean, spacious room and with the quality of our service.
We are also glad to inform you that Wi-Fi is now available for free throughout the hotel for all IHG Rewards Club members. If you are not a member yet, you can easily start receiving club bonuses by registering on the official web-site.