“Good stay”

Ranked #36 of 309 Hotels in Moscow
“Good stay”
Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

Stayed in the hotel for 2 nights. Great check-in, very helpful staff and nice room. Hotel prices in Moscow are much higher than in Europe, this hotel is also overpriced comparing to similar hotels in Europe.
Food in the restaurant was good.
Hotel is very close to Aeroexpress, 30 minutes to Sheremetievo by train is a great advantage!

• Stayed November 2012
Stanishevskaya, Marketing Manager at Holiday Inn Moscow Lesnaya, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Dear Fedos2012,

Thank you very much for your review on tripadvisor.com. It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stays with us and liked our rooms, restaurant and location. It is always very encouraging to receive such a positive feedback and I have passed your comments on to our department heads and the rest of the team.

Look forward to welcoming you soon.

Best regards

Maxim Brodovsky

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Wroclaw, Poland
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Overall the hotel was not bad if you only plan to come there to sleep, and ocassionally eat something from room service menu but..:
-no wifi free of charge in the room is pretty unusual these days
-my room smelled like cigarettes...
-my bathtub was leaking so floor was wet every time I took a shower

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Joanna K,

Thank you very much for choosing Holiday Inn Moscow Lesnaya during your stay in Moscow. We are glad that overall the hotel met your expectations and thank you for your comments on the smell of smoke in your room and condition of the bathtub. Kindly be assured that both issues are resolved.

Our team and myself thank you once again for your constructive review and look forward to your next visits to the Holiday Inn Moscow Lesnaya Hotel.

Best regards,
Toronto
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Was there for one night, recently. Very clean, great location, friendly staff. Didn't try the breakfast, as it was typically overpriced (this is Moscow, after all), however the rest was an experience, which is to be expected of a Holiday Inn in Europe.

A definite repeat.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear DrSavant,

Thank you very much for your positive comments on www.tripadvisor.com, your kind words are greatly appreciated. It’s a pleasure to know that you liked the hotel, it's location, rooms and helpfulness of the hotel staff. We have passed you warm comments to the members of our team.

We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed November 13, 2012

I stayed at Holiday Inn during a business trip in December 2011. I would expect Moscow hotels to be overpriced, but this one was a bit too much - not that I paid from my own pocket.
We were supposed to have breakfast included in the room rate, but on the checkin it turned out that it wasn't the case, so my colleague and I spent mornings at Starbucks nearby instead of spending 800 or so roubles each (about 25 EUR) for the breakfast at the hotel.
The room was nice and spacious, though a bit cold. It had a bathtub, which is always a plus in my opinion. I have asked staff to empty the mini bar so I could put my medicine in it (the minibar is locked unless you agree to pay for the entire contents), and the receptionist agreed to assist, but that was never done. I didn't have time to argue with them and ended up keeping my stuff at the windowsill which was about the same temperature as the minibar.
The wifi in the rooms was extremely expensive too, but if I remember correctly, the internet in the lobby was free of charge.
The location of the hotel is quite good - close to subway and trains, though as we had private taxi pick-up it didn't really benefit us in any way.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Dear Shaarila ,

Thank you for your extensive review following your visit to Holiday Inn Moscow Lesnaya in December 2011.

We are glad to read that you liked our spacious rooms and the location of our hotel, its proximity to metro and railway stations. But we have been concerned to note the comments highlighting your dissatisfaction. Please be assured that we have discussed all your comments with the team and are implementing further measures to ensure that we are able to enhance the service level.

We do look forward in the hope of being able to welcome you back in the future and delivering to you the professional and friendly customer service levels that so many of our guests have experienced and continue to enjoy at the Holiday Inn Moscow Lesnaya Hotel.

Yours sincerely

Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed November 1, 2012

This hotel keeps Holiday Inn standards well, clean, friendly staff, comfort.
Location has it's good and bad. It is close to Train station, from where "Aeroexpress" to airport runs every half hour. Although this is walking distance not for all, rather if you travel with light baggage. Distance to metro stations is also rather for long walks.

Room Tip: Right now next to the hotel there is huge office building construction works, so if you want quiet d...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Stanishevskaya, Markteting Manager at Holiday Inn Moscow Lesnaya, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear SergioPraha,

It's a pleasure to hear that you appreciated cleanliness and comfort of our hotel as well as friendliness of our staff.

Looking forward to welcoming you in the future.

Tulsa, OK
Reviewed October 29, 2012

The Holiday Inn Lesnaya Moscow s a much better than average hotel in Moscow. The room was nice, the bed was comfortable, the location is OK, the shower is nice and the breakfast really really good.
Things that are important to me while staying Moscow.
Location; I am experienced and travel by Metro, so I want a hotel near a Metro station. The Metro is not for the inexperienced or for the nearful of crowds. It can and most likely will be very crowded. I have a reputation of never getting lost, but the Metro has pushed me near the lost position more than once.
Comfort food; I really want to be able to get comfort food easily, something I can get at home American food basically.

Minor things I didn't like; the bed was comfortable, but the sheet/blanket was TOO SHORT. I had a king sized bed so I exchanged the width for the length and made it acceptable, other wise I would have changed hotels.

Room Tip: If the bedding is the same in standard bed rooms, then a King sized bed is required if you are over...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Stanishevskaya, Marketing Manager at Holiday Inn Moscow Lesnaya, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
On behalf of General Manager, Maxim Brodovsky

Dear OKTravelers83,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of Holiday Inn Moscow Lesnaya. We are very glad that you had chosen our hotel for your visit to Moscow and enjoyed your stay with us. We are glad that you appreciated our good location, guest room, breakfast and other facilities.

Look forward to welcoming you in the future.

Ballston Lake, New York
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Stayed here for 5 nights in November. I travel regularly for business, and amassed enough Priority Club points for my entire stay to be free. (Otherwise it would have been on the pricey side... though Moscow is a VERY expensive city for lodging!). The front desk staff were quite friendly, and fluent in English. The hotel lobby, restaurant, and lounge always seemed to be bustling and active. The rooms were quite nice, and very clean... and definitely on the top of my list for Holiday Inn standards. Unfortunately it is located about 2 miles from Red Square, and the central tourist sites. I love walking, and didn't mind the 45 minute trek, enjoying the city and its people! Though... It is conveniently located a few blocks from the Sheremetyevo AeroExpress terminal at Belorussky Train station. And even closer to the entrance to the Belorusskya Metro station. The Metro is efficient, and safe... but the language barrier between English and Russian is immense, and can be very intimidating. You can get around on you own... just be sure to learn the Cyrillic alphabet, and touch up on as much Russian language skills as you possibly can. There is also a grocery store two blocks South. This hotel was great, and I would definitely stay here again on my next trip to Moscow.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Stanishevskaya, Marketing Manager at Holiday Inn Moscow Lesnaya, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us on the Tripadvisor. It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback from our guests and we are delighted you enjoyed your time at the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Yours sincerely