“Comes with a price tag but totally worth it”

Swissotel Krasnye Holmy Moscow
Ranked #12 of 326 Hotels in Moscow
Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

I had a flawless stay here and have only the best to say about the place. Obviously, this hotel category does not come cheap in a city like Moscow but if you want the full package I highly recommend the Swissotel. From the penthouse bar with stunning panoramic views to the spacious rooms that meet all international standards. A colleague of mine went to the spa and had a several hour blast (I did not go there so I can only rely on her account). I'm planning to return to Moscow end of the year and will definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank TeegeeLA
Swissotel_Moscow_RF, Director of Guest Services at Swissotel Krasnye Holmy Moscow, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

Dear TeegeeLA,
Thank you very much for your wonderful feedback!
Please let me know when you decide to visit us again via Vasiliy.Grishtakov@swissotel.com
and it will be my pleasure to organize your stay.
With best wishes,

There are newer reviews for Swissotel Krasnye Holmy Moscow

Reviewed May 30, 2014

Used to be my favourite hotel for business trips to Moscow. Unfortunately is not anymore. I've stayed there about 30 times but my last stay was probably the last one. While there are definitely good things to mention like the recent rennovation of the restaurant on the second floor with a new better menu, the service is degrading.
Today early in the morning I was checking out with 3 bags with heavy gear in them. I have a fractured rib so my ability to move heavy luggage is a bit limited for the moment. At the reception I asked to help moving my bags to the Paveletsky train station where I was going to take the Aeroexpress train to the airport. The station is leterally a 2 min. walk from the hotel. They called for the concierge who came only to tell me that they would not do that for me and suggested to call for taxi instead. I explained to him that with the expected taxi waiting time I will not be there in time for the train and will probably miss my flight. He couldn't care less, just repeated the same "we cannot do that" thing.
I told him that about a year ago I was in a similar situation and the wonderful concierge they had then was more than willing to help me and was happy with the large tip he got afterwards. "I'm sorry for my inexperienced colleague" was his responce. As crazy as it sounds. Should I add that I was extremely polite during the conversation and had never had any interaction with the gentleman (Anton?) so no personal issues were involved?
The guy left and they lady at the reception said that I should understand her colleague because "the guys are extremely busy" which was a perfect finishing touch for the whole crazy conversation as the lobby was absolutely empty at the moment with only the concierge and 2 bell-boys wondering around aimlessly. I call that "suboptimal treatment" of a guest who has just paid USD 900 per night.
I took the luggage to the train station myself, was there in time for train despite falling once on the way. This time no more bones broken luckily.
Swisotel used to be known for it's high standard service which it doesn't provide anymore. It's become a typical large business hotel, average service, very impersonal. There are better options now in Moscow for thу money.

4  Thank Petr T

Dear Petr T,
Thank you very much for your valued feedback.
We are happy that you liked our new Acapella restaurant. I hope you had also have time to enjoy our recently renovated Light Bar in the Lobby.
Following your other comments please accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences upon check out.
We will certainly do our best to exceed the guest expectations in future.
In case you would be selecting certain dates of stay, I would be delighted to organize your stay and meet you personally, should you wish to share more thoughts with us.
Please contact me via: Vasiliy.Grishtakov@swissotel.com
I will be looking forward to welcoming you and remain at your disposal should you require any assistance.

Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

Everything, absolutely everything in this place makes you feel that you have the top service, Moscow's 5 star can give. Nice rooms, staff and food, business meetings organisations Swissôtel makes you back, in any case. The only pleasant place in extremely aggressive city. Thanks! A lot.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Romeeck

Dear Romeeck,
we are very happy that you enjoyed staying at our Hotel.
It will be our pleasure to welcome you back!

Reviewed May 27, 2014

Was warmly welcomed by the reception staff. Stayed in a standard room on the 11th floor. Good view. Lovely bathroom and very comfortable beds.
Had a problem with my case which the maintenance man promptly sorted.
The space bar was closed due to a licensing issue. Which was a pity as I would have liked to have seen the Moscow cityscape. A minor fault as the rate for the room was incredibly good value.
Used the pool a few times and found the jacuzzi very relaxing.
The location of the hotel was also handy as it was a few minutes walk from the train station and the metro.
Probably the best hotel I've stayed in. The Berlin Swissotel has a lot to live up to when I stay there in December.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank McIvor81

Dear McIvor81,
Thank you so much for your kind compliments that I have already passed on to all my colleagues. And it is a great honor to hear that Swissotel Krasnye Holmy Moscow is the best Hotel you've stayed in.
We will be happy to welcome you back in the near future!

Reviewed May 22, 2014

For a luxury experience and staff that care, this is a great hotel. Treat yourself.
The staff are friendly and talk to you, the rooms are great, the wifi works and the bathrooms are luxurious. The food is a great twist on Russian specialities.

Review collected in partnership with Swissotel Hotels & Resorts
Swissotel_Moscow_RF, Director of Guest Services at Swissotel Krasnye Holmy Moscow, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2014

Dear George D,
we appreciate your comments regarding our services, facilities and team members.
Hope to see you soon!
With compliments,

Reviewed May 19, 2014

I can't rate this hotel highly enough and there were so many pluses to my stay there that I barely know where to start. My mother and I arrived there late after a much delayed flight to find that they had upgraded us to an amazing room with (really) spectacular views over Moscow, a lovely fruit plate and beautiful fresh flowers.
As the stay progressed, things only got better. The staff were so helpful and friendly (something of a rarity in Moscow, if I'm honest). The concierges - anton, Ilya and Anna - sorted everything out for us, from arranging tickets to the bolshoi, to restaurant bookings and recommendations. In the lounge, Natalia was completely charming and brilliant, remembering everything we might want and providing some great tips. I've never experienced such great service.
About the hotel chain - reliably excellent, good facilities and lovely bed linen (really noticeable). The moscow hotel was well located, less than ten minutes walk to a metro station on two different lines and the train station with a train that takes you directly to domodedova airport (much cheaper, quicker and more convenient than a taxi).
All in all a completely fabulous experience from beginning to end. Amazing!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Dear AliceClaireLondon,
thank you so much for the wonderful feedback. It was indeed a pleasure to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We are looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future!

Reviewed May 16, 2014

it is a very good business hotel very good location . extraordinery top servis and level of facilities. center location , go to the panoramic restaurant at the top. breakfast is not in the level of the hotel

1  Thank Eli B

Dear Eli B,
we appreciate your kind comments towards the services and facilities at Swissotel Krasnye Holmy Moscow.
Wishing to welcome you back soon!