“Service is marvelous”

Golden Apple Boutique Hotel
Ranked #64 of 327 Hotels in Moscow
Reviewed October 20, 2010

We found this to be a very good hotel with excellent service and location. The room was a bit on a smaller side and not as fancy as the one accross the hall for instance, but it was clean, well taken care of by the service and quiet. The bar is fine (coffee though should be better considering the price the bar charges), good breakfast is of a very good quality. Customer service is really something special in my opinion and far exceeds to what you even find in a lot of European and American hotels. We were apprehinsive about customer's service before the trip, but it was outstanding from the point of our first communication for visa support to us arriving to the hotel very early (7am due to a red eye flight) and being allowed to check-in early, to taking care of our registrations, to helping us with advice, to checking us out.

We will absolutely stay again at this hotel and will recommend to others.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LondonFrogInTheFog
Write a ReviewReviews (1,050)

Reviewed October 19, 2010

Moscow hotels are expensive so its always going to feel like your not getting great value compared to other cities, this is still a good hotel with a nice restaurant ..does a great breakfast.

The hotel would be an 'alternative' choice to the large chains and its rather NYC like in its approach. The rooms are minimal and small but thats the 'way its meant to be' and The service is good (for Moscow)

A few positives like free internet in foyer, nice cocktail bar and good cleaning service ..location seemed central but there are no views or obvious attractions nearby. I also struggled to find any decent restaurants close by but im sure there must be some. As i was on business, I hadnt done much research on good locations to eat/drink and sadly nothing jumped at me in the area. The front desk could of been more helpful in recommending places, they seemed to just cover the very basics but again this may simply be a moscow thing as i cant compare to any other Moscow Hotels... its a decent hotel, no major problems but nothing that makes me remember the hotel in the way iI remember other hotels across the world...I do appreciate its in a unique position being one of the only boutique top end hotels in Moscow and its worth giving it a go.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 19, 2010

Golden Apple is my favourite hotel in Europe now!
I am just crazy about the design. It is sooo unlike eerything I have seen before! I think some people may not like it, but in any way it is a must see. The breakfast is indeed gourmet (they call it gourmet), and the service is top-notch.

1  Thank brynzmol
Reviewed October 17, 2010

I had a really great time at the Golden Apple despite my adventuresin Moscow. It all started at the airport when my assistant called me and I found out that my booking hadn't actually been made for me. I called the reservation service but they said it was not possible to find a room in Moscow for that night. Oooh. I don't remember why I called the Apple first, but since they did have a room I thought it was luck and got a taxi immediately.From that moment on Golden Apple came to the rescue whatever happened. I just wanted others to know that people working at this hotel really care and do their best to help. With your allergies, your faxes, taxis, shopping and dining and so on.

1  Thank piptoto
Reviewed October 4, 2010

After hearing how expensive Moscow hotels can be, we were pleased to find the Golden Apple. The rooms were reasonably sized and clean. Unlike so many European hotels, they actually have a real shower curtain, instead of a tiny pane of glass. The internet is only free in the lobby and bar (but if you are on the 2nd floor, you may be able to access the bar network). Otherwise, there is a significant charge for wireless access in your room.

The staff was very welcoming and helpful. We arrived very early in the morning after an overnight train, and they gave us rooms right away (which they did NOT have to do). That made a huge difference, we didn't expect access to the rooms before the afternoon. The breakfast was surprisingly good, but fairly pricey at 1,500 rubles for the full buffet. There are less expensive options you can choose, or several neighborhood bakeries and coffee houses. The front desk also recommended the nearby "Pushkin" restaurant, which was a terrific dining choice for our last night in Russia.

Once you get the hang of the metro (with no English signage), the hotel's location is quite good with three lines coming through the nearby square. It's only one stop to reach the Mariinsky Theater and Red Square.

• Stayed: October 2010
1  Thank David S
Reviewed October 4, 2010

Golden Apple Boutique provides everything I care about in a hotel. It is cozy, clean and bright. The customer service is outstanding and the location is perfect. Perhaps you can find fancier hotels for a similar price, but I would still prefer the unpretentious luxury of The Golden Apple. It is stylish, but so comfortable. The service is the best I've experienced--the whole staff is friendly, helpful and professional from reservation to check-out. The restaurant was insanely expensive, but that is Moscow for you...

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
GR_GoldenApple, Guest Relations Manager at Golden Apple Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2010

Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, as it is with this information that we are able to monitor and improve our services. I’m glad to learn that you find design, location of the hotel and service great. We will be waiting for you in the hotel in not too distant future.
Best Regards,
Guest Relation Manager

Reviewed September 30, 2010

Position great - we walked to a variety of restaurants from the hotel. Major tourist sites within walking distance. 5 minutes from important metro interchange station.
Reception staff very friendly, English speaking and helpful. Wi-fi free in public areas and for a small charge in the room.

Dear guest,
It is a great praise to receive from you such a review. Many of our guests notice a suitable location of the hotel: you can reach the main sites of Moscow by walk. Our Reception team will be pleased to know that you like the service they provided. You are always welcome to our hotel.
Best Regards,