“**just like home** feeling”

Golden Apple Boutique Hotel
Ranked #59 of 316 Hotels in Moscow
Palma de Mallorca, Spain
“**just like home** feeling”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Adorable hotel right in the centre of Moscow, just a short walk to the main attractions. The Kremlin is 15 minutes away, and the Pushkin Museum of Arts is a 10 min journey using the metro. Prices are reasonalbe considering that Moscow is extremely expensive.
The best way to reach the hotel is: I flew Iberian and landed in DME airport - from there the aeroexpress train that takes you to the city centre in 40 minutes and then you get a taxi or take the metro (three stops). There is another airport in Moscow, and the aeroexpress train from there arrives in a different place, but that one is even closer to the hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Picafort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 13, 2012

The hotel was very modern and the room was spacious and comfortable.
Great location, about 15mins walk to the Kremlin or 2 tube stations about 2 mins walk at either end of the street. Quite a few restaurants on Pushkin Sq too.
The staff were also helpful and friendly and spoke great English (don't take this for granted in Russia!).
The restaurant prices were very expensive.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Porgester
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

Wonderful stay and great location for our first trip to Moscow. Warm, helpful staff, and great breakfasts to help you start your day. Starbucks on Tverskaya just around the block. Usual assortment of interesting characters at the very fun and informal bar. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Belgrade
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Just came back from Moscow - totally impressed! Stayed at the golden apple for three days, 2 nights. My room was half a soccer field! They called it the Loft suite. It was more like a family suite, with two bedrooms and a small kitchen, and it was great. Breakfast was expensive but there was so much to choose from.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Max R
Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 18, 2012

We have just stayed here for 4 nights to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary . The hotel presented us with a bottle of champagne and a plate of strawberries . Hotel is near main road to red square and kremlin . Near the metro but is also quiet which is a blessing when you see crazy Moscow roads . Rooms not huge but who cares , we were busy out sight seeing . Bed comfy and pillows ok . Clean room and friendly english speaking staff, would happily stay again

• Stayed September 2012
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Stayed for 3 nights in July 2012, it was my second time at this hotel since 2010 and I will never book it again. The rooms and customer service level have gone down drastically since my last stay. They have not invested anything in the rooms, but raised their rates. Furniture is worn-out, same out-dated box TVs.. At check-in I was offered an "upgraded" room. that appeared to be smaller than standard with a construction site view out of the window. I refused to take it, so they gave a standard, in fact better and bigger room that I actually booked. I took that room, but when later got in the bathroom I found pubic hair all over the bathtub and on the floor mat (about 10 in total!). The bathtub had brown stain on the the sides, that I ended up cleaning myself with toilet paper, avoiding another move to an "upgraded" room. Tried to complain to the general Manager, Maxim Golovach, but he never was on site. After communicating back and forth with the hotel management my complaint was dismissed as a lie - according to them the room was in perfect condition and all I described could not be true because of the hotel's sophisticated 3-level quality control system... So my advice - STAY AWAY from this place, it's not worth your nerves! You can find a 4-5* hotel in Moscow at a better price with much better rooms and customer service.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Serge A
GM_GoldenApple, General Manager at Golden Apple Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Dear Serge A,
I appreciate the time you spent to write this review and I believe my comments would be of interest to everyone here on Tripadvisor.
Let me put things clear. As a Tripadvisor listed hotel we fully support the policy of zero tolerance to fake reviews. That means we do not pay or offer incentives for positive reviews as well as we never pay or give incentives for not posting fake bad reviews. Of course, reviewers are free to post whatever opinion they feel appropriate, but there’s common consent that this must be done responsibly. One can’t just stay in a hotel and at check out groundlessly declare “either you pay me or I’ll ruin your reputation by posting awful reviews”. That’s called racket, isn’t it? And unfortunately that was exactly the case here.
The perfect condition of the room was not only registered by hotel systems but also confirmed by yourself to the staff member who showed you the room. Also we didn’t have any complaints from you during your whole stay before we rejected your request to pay for not posting fake negative review. As I said in our previous communication it’s natural for hotels to compensate for guests’ inconvenience if it really occurred and I would be the first to initiate such compensation along with apologies. But no hotel would accept accusation of or pay for something that never actually happened based on a guest’s threat to post a negative review. I could easily prove that every single word of this review is completely untrue but I don’t really think this review is worth detailed dissection, taking into account that its only reason is the fact that we rejected to pay for “saving our reputation”. Anyway, for those who can read carefully and cares to take a look at other reviews about Golden Apple it’s easy to see that this review is an obvious fake. I hope it’s going to be taken down as inappropriate but I felt the comments were still needed.
Regards,
Maxim Golovatch
Berlin
Reviewed September 16, 2012

The hotel is a really good one, and the room rates are very reasonable. The hotels is very helpful in all ways, they helped with visa confirmations and airport pick-up prior to arrival, and did their best when we were there. The room was a little bit smaller then we expected, but all in all it was absolutely fine for a three-days' stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple