“We enjoyed it”

Neighborhood: Zamoskvorechye
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“We enjoyed it”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We arrived here not really knowing what to expect, it is within walking distance of the Park Inn so we ventured in. The drinks were reasonably priced for Moscow, especially comparing them to the Irish bar along the road. We had a vegetarian with us so the chef created a platter for her. It was a little smokey, but not as bad as other bars. It could try to extract the smell of smoke to improve the atmosphere.

Visited July 2013

Suwon, South Korea
“must go”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

name basically speaks for itself. you'll be surprised and a bit confused first when you look at the menu, but feel free to ask waiters about anything. they'll give you good advice how to combine their meals. with their help I chose beef medallion with potato/truffle puree and that was amazing! you'll be surprised and confused again by the form and shape of your food, but this is kind of fun surprise.
the atmosphere is nice and cozy with old chemical glass things everywhere (it's a lab, isn't it?!), sort warm lights and smiling (not in a weird way) waiters and other stuff members.
not a good thing that they don't serve any alcohol drinks (only beer, maybe) there, but you can ask stuff and bring your own bottle!
the place is perfect for fun, not to loud evenings with friends or for dinner in the middle of long walks around center of Moscow (you can stop by, for example, on your way from Tretyakov Gallery to Gorky Park).
I'd definitely recommend this place to my friends.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Alexei K
Weert, The Netherlands
“Funkylab will open a new FunkyRussia for you”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Funkylab will open a new FunkyRussia for you. This is a wonderful place! Small restaurant but very cozy and funny. You definitely have to visit it. And return and return and retune.... I was three times already! You can start with the brand soup «Oh, Baby». I didn’t know that Russian cuisine is so yammy-yammy...mmmm Yes, meals are so beautiful and original. The Burgundy beef soooo juicy. Olso FunkyLab has an interesting variation of mashed potatoes. I coudn’t undeestand the secret of how they do it, but I loved it. The Latest thing I tried was shrimp cutlets. The Water pipe is awesome! And I'm crazy about creative cocktails at the bar.

• Visited July 2013