“Unique and Very Tasty”

Neighborhood: Tverskaya
Hudson River Valley, New York
“Unique and Very Tasty”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

What a great find. I stumbled upon LukCafe my first night in Moscow. Its about seven blocks or so from Kremlin/Red Square area where I was staying. The environment was inviting and warm and chic but not over-processed: prices reasonable. I returned with my partner a couple days later for the food and ambiance. I had some good dishes including: veal with chestnuts and pomegranate sautéed with onions; Azerbaijani pilaf with chicken and apricots with a saffron-scented rice; cabbage rolls filled with a very tasty citrusy-dill ground veal; and a solidly above average beet borscht. The baked spinach with a garlic aoli and pomegranate seeds was terrific! Beer was good. Service fine. I would go back to this restaurant in a heartbeat - a real star of our time in Moscow.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank B K

“What a gem”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

At about 8p.m. after an enjoyable evening at the Mayakovskaya theatre we turned left as we exited the building and the Look cafe (LykKafe) was directly in front of us. We read the menu pinned up outside the cafe and it looked good - Why not we thought and went in - the air was thick with the smell of shisha pipes, and a band were playing quietly to relatively full cafe/restaurant. Fortunately there was a table for four available.

Beer is cheap, the menu is dual language (inevitably some descriptions left something to the imagination but 'sheep's testicles' didn't - nobody went for that delicacy). The food was good and the service efficient - not all the mains came at the same time but, after three years here, we've come to expect that.

We spent a very pleasant two and a half hours talking, eating and drinking and the bill was £100 for the four of us which I thought was very good.

We will definitely be going back.

• Visited March 2013