“amazing food and service”
Review of Mama Tao - CLOSED

Mama Tao
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Zamoskvorechye
Toronto, Canada
“amazing food and service”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

An amazing restaurant on Leninsky prospekt. Great menu and the staff are very courteous.. the pricing is great, though alcohol is a bit expensive, though still worth it.. at the end of the meal you get a fortune cookie.. Definitely coming back.

• Visited November 2012

• Turkish first
Moscow, Russia
“Visibly Degrading”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

I agree that most dishes are delivered cold. I even started suspecting they had been cooked very much earlier. We visited the place about 3 pm - the chef has been gone by that time, which only confirms my suspicion.
Tom Yan has become a soup with champignons and lemon juice - definitely neither of these ingredients is listed in the menu. When I asked about such a discrepancy the cafe manager tryed to convince me of their chef's new approach. Yet, I sinserely suspect that they are simply saving replacing the more expensive ingredients with the cheap ones/
The waiter mistook our order for somebody else's to make matters worse.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Karin V
Moscow, Russia
“Not authentic chinese restaurant”
Reviewed June 25, 2011

The food is ok,but unfortunatelly not authentic at all and always delievered cold.Dim sum is ok,but very adopted to russian cusine..the soups taste very good.Also i like soar and sweet pork when its delivered warm(it happens rarely).

Geneva, Switzerland
“Great Place for Chinese Dumplings i the center of Moscow!”
Reviewed April 26, 2011

Mama Tao is nice moderately priced Chinese restaurant located in the center of Moscow, Novokuznetskaya metro station. I've been there two times, and tasted various chinese dishes, but if you go there I recommend you just try there chinese dumplings- they have a pretty extensive list. They have another restaurant o Leninsky porospect, but I have not bee there. You will not be disappointed!

• Visited March 2011
Minsk
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Mama Tao - Surprisingly Amazing”
Reviewed August 30, 2010

Most Ginza project restaurants have average food. Most restaurants are chains or nice locations or sometimes amazing locations and venues but the food has never amazed me or most that I know. Mama Tao near Leninsky 68 has a very creative fresh and fairly large menue. When I was listing thru the menue there were so many items I wanted to order but realized I would have the room to eat everything I wanted. Best thing I tried was the spicy salad. Service was fantastic and the decor very nice. Best of all the prices are very affordable.

1 Thank MinskTraveller