“Very good for business travellers”

Novotel Moscow City
Ranked #22 of 331 Hotels in Moscow
Reviewed July 10, 2014

nice and modern hotel, built a bit more than a year ago. very convenient for people working in companies located in the moscow city business center. Not many things to do around but it's not far from the actual center of moscow, restaurants etc (of course always considering the traffic in moscow)

Room Tip: I would strongly recommend to move directly to an executive room due to its size. Standard rooms are...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Yulia F, Quality Manager at Novotel Moscow City, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2014

Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for your great comments. It was a pleasure to welcome you at our hotel and we hope to see you again very soon.
Sincerely

Write a ReviewReviews (1,354)

Reviewed July 7, 2014

Novotel, like TripAdvisor reviews, are on the surface pre-packaged events. You see the review rating, you read the first 100 words and you think, cool... that hotel sounds OK I'll book it, equally you walk into a Novotel and know the bed will be of a high standard, there'll be a minibar with room service and the staff will speak English... But deep down is that really why you choose? For us the Novotel Moscow City represented excellent value for money by Moscow standards, the rate averaged $180 AUD per night, which for its location and quality is almost an unbelievable price. In addition to this they threw in complementary accommodation for our daughter, (including all her meals gratis) and a gift on arrival, (a wrist band which she is still chewing). They also supplied a cot and were exceptionally helpful in meeting her needs.
Further, the hotel itself is almost brand new, the rooms top notch with lots of space and light, but it is the hotels location that is a real draw card. Situated above two Moscow Metro train stations, you can with a bit of wit, negotiate the metro system for a fraction of the cost of taxi, the Kremlin is but four stops away and on route to the station you pass through the Afimall City shopping mall, food courts to top quality restaurants, shopping and supermarkets.
The foyer is 5 star and the ease with with we could organise a car for the airport or quality dining experience made our stay even more enjoyable, the bar felt homely yet modern and the Wifi is free.
Clearly with proximity, quality and service this Novotel stands out from the rest, I'd like this review to do the same and suggest the 4 stars I have graded this establishment do not do this hotel justice. Accordingly I am employing a sub review scoring system based on what I look for in a hotel, particularly when a hotel is a 4star++ but not mind blowing like my absolute favourites, thus sub 5 stars.

1. Service and ability for the hotel to deal with our issues, baby related - AWESOME
2. Value for money - room rate was EXCELLENT, dinner was OK, coffee was far too EXPENSIVE
3. Room service - little SLOW
4. Location - EXCELLENT
5. Room quality - EXCELLENT
6. Staff friendliness - BRILLANT (Amazing for Moscow)
7. Business centre - OUT OF INK

Bottom line I would stay here again and totally recommend it as a choice Moscow location for both business traveler and tourist

Room Tip: Quiet rooms are on the inside with no view
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Fly2NewYork
Yulia F, Quality Manager at Novotel Moscow City, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for such a great review. We very much appreciate your positive comments regarding your stay at the NOVOTEL Moscow City.
Positive feedback from satisfied clients is our greatest reward - thank you.
We look forward to welcoming you again at NOVOTEL.

Reviewed July 3, 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights from 2014/07/02 in room 762.
The good and bads as follows:

Good:
- Free WiFi
- Very new, built in 2013
- Friendly people and good infrastructure
- Good location, near a huge shopping mall

Bad:
- Restaurant is too small for the scale of the hotel. Had a very difficult time is finding a seat to sit for the breakfast

Room Tip: Stay in high floor rooms for a good view
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Yulia F, Quality Manager at Novotel Moscow City, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel and for all the positive points you have mentioned. We are very glad that we were able to meet your expectations in all of those areas. However, I am sorry that your experience at breakfast was disappointing, and would like to apologize. Let me assure you, that this issue was an exception to our usual practices and all the necessary actions have been taken to avoid a reoccurrence.
We hope to welcome you back at NOVOTEL soon.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

I stayed at the Novotel for 5 nights, end of June. The hotel gave me immediately a very nice impression: huge lobby, smiling receptionists, very nice room. Unfortunately in the room there was a bad smell of dirty water, probably coming for the canalization. I asked at the front desk to fix it and they sent soon men who tried to repair the problem, which was not solved. As there was not available a similar room (same price, fronting on the main street), they offered me a superior room for the same price. I suggest to stay at the Novotel which is located not in the centre but very close to the metro station and in a very safe area.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Yulia F, Quality Manager at Novotel Moscow City, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for the great feedback and your recommendations. I would like to apologize for any discomfort you have experienced during your stay due to the bad smell in your room. I am glad that my colleagues were able to help you and resolve the issue. I have informed our maintenance team about the issue in your room. Please, rest assured that everything possible will be done to address the matter.
We do hope we will be able to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed July 1, 2014

First stay at Moscow city hotel Novotel , located a bit outside the city center in this new business area , plenty of restaurants around as a big shopping mall is 2 minutes walk from the hotel. Staff are very professional and nice , hotel is quite new , rooms are nice and well decorated in a very contemporary style , breakfast is very expensive but this is Moscow , count around 30$ for it .free wifi internet is proposed to customers . This Novotel is so much better than the Novotel Moscow center I used to go.

2  Thank lolobkk

Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for taking the time and share you feedback about our hotel. I am very happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and would like to thank you for choosing Novotel Moscow City.
We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed June 28, 2014

Stayed Monday through Thursday on a business trip. Hotel was clean and comfortable, like most city hotels it doesn't have any individual style / personality but is modern, clean and good reception staff. good wifi coverage throughout (free). If this is the area of Moscow you need to be in then it is close to some decent restaurants ( Shinok, Mamon and Sixty). The hotel bar in the lobby has great staff but it is disappointing that they only have a beer license and so don't serve spirits. Breakfast was good. It rained during the stay and the concierge had plenty of complimentary umbrellas which we were grateful for.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Neil W
Yulia F, Quality Manager at Novotel Moscow City, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay with us. I am very glad that you have enjoyed your stay and our services met your expectations. I do regret that we couldn’t serve you a decent drink and would like to apologize for that, but we are hoping for this issue to be resolved shortly. We do hope you will be back soon and will be able to witness some great service at our bar and restaurant.
We will be happy to welcome you back at NOVOTEL in the nearest future.

Reviewed June 7, 2014

If you enjoy showering and shaving in stone-cold water, this is definitely the hotel for you. For all its outward glitz and glamour they were unable to provide one of the key, basic human comforts. Seriously, I did not feel a single drop of warm water during my entire 3-night stay (3rd - 6th June).
Were they concerned? Not a bit. They simply replied it was a technical problem, that the entire hotel was effected and they were trying to fix it. There was no official announcement, no message from the manager, nothing. Simply unacceptable.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with an even number, then you'll get a view of the outside world.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank JeremyF1959
Yulia F, Quality Manager at Novotel Moscow City, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2014

Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay with us. I am sorry that you have encountered issue with hot water during your stay. I would like to apologize and express my sincerest regrets about the matter. Unfortunately we had an unexpected technical issue that needed an immediate intervention. Our technical team reacted very fast, and was using all efforts to resolve the issue, but it took more time than we estimated. I am truly sorry that you did not receive a message, but I want to assure you that all our efforts were concentrated to resolve the issue as soon as possible.
We work hard to deliver an exceptional guest experience, and it's apparent in this case that we fell short. If you give us a chance to earn back your trust, I can assure you that we will do our best to give you the great hotel experience that so many of our guests have grown so fond of.