“Novotel, Moscow”

Novotel Moscow City
Ranked #22 of 334 Hotels in Moscow
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 29, 2014

Very good hotel conveniently situated right beside a metro stop making it easy to get around. Staff are friendly and the food is good. Rooms comfortable. Hotel bar very small but it's easy to get into town for entertainment.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Jerome C, Manager at Novotel Moscow City, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2014

Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay at Novotel Moscow City and for your positive feedback. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us.
We will be happy to welcome you back at NOVOTEL very soon!
Sincerely

Write a ReviewReviews (1,375)

Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

Comfy enough, nice decor etc etc, but significantly overpriced and impersonal.

Food and drinks overpriced too.

Usual corporate affair really. It's a real struggle to find anything good to say about this one, even though there was nothing at all wrong with it.

Stayed: April 2014
Jerome C, General Manager at Novotel Moscow City, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2014

Dear guest,
I would like to thank you for writing about your experience at our hotel. I regret that we were not able to meet your expectations and would like to apologize for that. Our main goal – it’s a satisfied guest, and I am disappointed that we were not able to create memorable experience for you. Please be assured, that we will put an extra effort into developing further our customer service.

Reviewed April 11, 2014

Held an event at this hotel. The beds were pretty uncomfortable, but the hotel is brand new and there are some positives. It was pretty cheap when we stayed, so the uncomfortable bed was a 'you get what you pay for' moment. The hotel bar and food was good, and the meeting space was nice as it was brand new. The staff were very helpful, especially the meeting staff. I would say if you are holding an event for more than 100 people in the same room, to steer clear. There are two massive pillars in the middle of the room, so most of the room is obstructed. We had to put videos on TVs halfway back in the hall to allow people to see the stage. It was just very awkward, I'm not sure how the pillars got approved. Other than that small hiccup, everything was great and we were treated very well.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Jerome C, General Manager at Novotel Moscow City, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2014

Dear guest,
Thank you for your feedback and for choosing our hotel for your event. I regret that the design didn’t correspond fully to your needs. I am glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us and our staff members were helpful. I will definitely pass on the message to them.
Thank you for your feedback and we hope to welcome you at our hotel soon!

Reviewed April 9, 2014

Very new hotel. Good furniture, minimalistic design. Relatively quiet in the room. Good choice of tv channels. Good breakfast. Good facilities in bath room.
Nearest metro station is Delovoy center. Exit from this station to shopping mall and then left to the street and left again. Then less then 100 m walking distance to hotel entry.
Do not look for sign Reception or Enter. You have to use all your sense to find an enter.
If you choose another metro station - Mezhdunarodnaja (like it says on hotel website), you'll need to go around couple of constructed high buildings. Distance is longer, dusty and risking to meet dumpers... :-)
If you familiar with metro system - use metro, otherwise you can spend long time in taxi, cause traffic here& around is terribly slow. Same as elevators...
Elevators in hotel are damn slooooooow. Windows are always dusty cause there are a couple of buildings still under construction around.
I.e. It is good choice if you either have meeting in one of the nearest business center, or visit exhibition at Expocenter. Otherwise - boring location.

Dear guest,
Thank you for taking your time to write a review about your stay with us. I am glad that you enjoyed our design and location. Regarding the signs: as the area is still under construction, the signage project is also still in progress. I would like to apologize if it caused you any inconveniences.
Thank you for recommending our hotel and we hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed April 7, 2014

A modern hotel in the middle of a new area. Still not finished around, under construction, mud and dirty around. Far from the city centre, long way for Red Square or Kremlin. Not suitable for business. In the night, terrible noise coming from the air conditioned or from the plums during whole night.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Jerome C, General Manager at Novotel Moscow City, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2014

Dear guest,
I would like to thank you for your review. I regret that we were not able to meet your expectations. It is true that the construction area around the hotel is not the best site to see, but thinking into the near future, Moscow City is developing quite rapidly and is going to be the great place to visit. Also, please allow me to note that the travel time to Kremlin by metro is about 15 minutes, but surely can be longer if you travel by car due to traffic jam.
I regret that we were not able to help you with the noise in the room. I want to reassure you that all the necessary measures have been taken to fix the issue. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconveniences it has caused you.
We hope you will give us an opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Reviewed April 5, 2014

Spent a week at the NOVOTEL Moscow city.
Modern stylish hotel comfortable rooms, view to the construction site didn't bothered me at all. Service good but needs improvement. However good response from the duty manager Alexander how solved certain issue.
After that we decide together with my colleague to book our next business trip to the same hotel.

Stayed: March 2014

Dear guest,
I would like to thank you for your feedback. I regret that you have encountered an issue during your stay but happy to hear that it was resolved. I will surely pass on the message to Alexander.
Thank you for your feedback and for choosing our hotel. I am glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us.
We hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed March 31, 2014

This is very modern hotel that you cannot find easily in Moscow ( most of them are old and classic style ) , it is not very far from city center and very near to most offices and highway too. Also a shopping mall is 2 minutes from hotel.( although shopping is not good task in Moscow)

Room Tip: Business style hotel , good location , suitable price