“Brand new Hotel”

Ranked #22 of 313 Hotels in Moscow
Tbilisi, Georgia
“Brand new Hotel”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

The Novotel Moscow city is a brand new hotel in so called " Moscow City", which is conveniently located by Naberezhnaya Towers, ExpoCenter, AfiMall and the metro.
Novotel has a good standard for a 4 start hotel and rooms are quite big for Moscow standard.
There are amenities in a standard room, like kettle, tea, coffee, water.
The restaurant is O.K., but a bit overpriced. There are plenty of restaurant in Afimall, which are more interesting by my opinion.
Novotel offers a room service.
The breakfast is good.
In general, I must say tht's good business hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Jerome C, General Manager at Novotel Moscow City, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Dear Flower 53_10,
I would like to thank you for taking your time to give your feedback about your stay with us. I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay.
We continuously try to improve our customer service and therefore your feedback is very important to us. We hope you will give us a chance to welcome you again in the near future.
Sincerely

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 7, 2013

I have stayed here a few times. This hotel can be a bargain for Moscow, particularly if you use the metro. The hotel restaurant is ok but overpriced, however, there are a few good restaurants in the mall next door. You do have to go outside to get there but it's very close.

The breakfast buffet is a bit hit and miss. Items are not replenished quickly enough and the quality isn't always too good.

Most of the staff are inexperienced but are trying very hard. Management need to put more effort into their training.

Rooms are modern, clean and have good facilities and the drinks and snacks in the mini bar are free which isn't always clear.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear tvl2013,
I would like to thank you for your feedback about your stay at our hotel. Thank you for your compliments. I understand that your expectations were not always met and I would like to apologize for that. The team was notified about all the areas for improvement and appropriate trainings were organized.
We continuously try to improve our customer services and therefore your feedback is very important to us. We hope you will give us a chance to better serve you in the near future.
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed November 2, 2013

We loved the location. Near offices metro and mall. Oops the mall is not connected. You must walk outside in the cold. The front desk and housekeeping were a total disaster. The would not let me book 14 nights so I had to.split the reservation in 3 parts. I told them on check in but still I was locked out twice. I tried to call the front desk many tomes because housekeeping forgot glasses or towels or coffee. Almost every time they did not pick up the phone and I had to take the.usually broken elevator to the.lobby. when my sheets had black grease it took two visits.to get housekeeping to change something that never should have happened in the.first place. After 3 visits to the desk I could not get a paid invoice for one of the charges my charge card. Ivan and Irina both were exasperating.

Room Tip: Get inside. Outside rooms are cold and construction noise is unbelievable. All night long. Ps we had...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank sambbenn
Jerome C, General Manager at Novotel Moscow City, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Dear sambbenn,
Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. I regret that during your stay you have encountered several issues. It is true that there is no direct access to the mall from our hotel, but since it is adjacent to the mall the walk outside is fairly short. It is unfortunate that your experience did not match your expectations and I would like to apologize for that. Please rest assured that all issues you have encountered with front desk and housekeeping departments have been investigated and all the appropriate measures were taken to prevent the reoccurrence.
We hope you will give us a chance to better serve you in the near future.
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Reviewed October 30, 2013

The hotel looks great (lovely modern design and great rooms) location is in business district so you need to take cabs or the metro which is not expensive (make sure you have a metro map with the Russian spelling as I was given one by reception with english characters & got very lost for almost two hours and couldn't get a cab - in quite a dodgy area- as it didn't correspond with the actual names). My exec room was lovely - worth paying extra for the higher exec floors which had a great bathroom, lounge area and other nice features such as a Nespresso machine. Service was quite inconsistent and F&B orders and other services had to be made several times as speaking english was a bit of a struggle at times - however staff on the whole very friendly & it's a new hotel so once they get the service right it will be an excellent place to stay.

The service was inconsistent

1 Thank John David C
Jerome C, General Manager at Novotel Moscow City, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Dear John David C,
I would like to thank you for your feedback about your stay at our hotel. I regret that you have encountered some issues during your stay. We strive to provide superior services for our guests therefore we will make sure to provide additional training to all our staff members.
I would like to thank you for your understanding and patience.
I do hope you will give us a chance to better serve you in the future.
Winchester UK
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I had read mixed reviews but decided to stay as it is so close to Expo Centr. I found every member of staff charming and could not fault the room at all. I stay frequently at Accord properties world wide as I am a Le Club Gold member and found this Novotel well up to standard. i am attending another exhibition beginning November checking in on the 4th and have booked again so am hoping the quality will be even better than last time. Hopefully will be able to get a glass of wine in the bar this time with dinner.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear laninwinchester,
Thank you very much for your feedback about your stay at Novotel Moscow City. I would like to thank you for your loyalty and for choosing our hotel for your stay in Moscow. I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to meet your expectations. I hope your next stay with us will be pleasant, and you will be glad to hear that we now serve a variety of drinks in our bar and restaurant.
We will be glad to welcome you again!
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I attended this hotel for 2 nights with some business partners. The hotel is pleasant and supply all business needs. Afi-mall is very close and there is a metro-station there so the place is well-connected.
Unfortunately, when my partners left it seemed the front-desk staff tried to raise the price of their room claiming that it's a different booking (even though it wasn't). Only after speaking with the manager the problem was resolved.
It is very unfortunate to arrive to this situation during a wonderful stay - it stained the whole experience of the hotel. I will come back there - but only now that I have the manager mobile number.

1 Thank styledaniel
Jerome C, General Manager at Novotel Moscow City, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear styledaniel,
I would like to thank you for your feedback about your stay at our hotel.
I regret that you have encountered some issues during your stay regarding your reservation. Rest assured that we will investigate this issue to prevent future occurrence.
I would like to thank you for your understanding and patience.
I do hope you will give us a chance to better serve you in the future.