“Wonderful 1-day tour to Vladimir/Suzdal”

Three Whales - Day Tours
Ranked #7 of 301 Tours in Moscow
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We specialize in historical, WWII eastern front compaign and sightseeing group and private tours by our minivans, on foot and by bikes. We consolidate travelers together for all of our one day tours so you can see more with the same budget. We offer set days for multiple days group trips to allow you to meet other travelers interested in the same topic and enjoy group rates. Please, check our website for one day trip dates which had been already selected by other travelers and set days for longer tours. Feel free to send us an e-mail and start your own consolidated tour on the day convenient for you. Travel Agency Three Whales is a Moscow based tour operator (established in 1995). The agency is fully licensed and can help with visa support formalities, hotel booking and any other tour arrangments. We organized one of a kind WWII battlefield tours which include Stalingrad, Kursk, Moscow, Leningrad, must see tours of Moscow - Saint-Petersburg - Golden Ring and day trips in Moscow, Vladimir, Suzdal, Sergiev-Posad, Tank museum in Kubinka, Military Air Force museum in Monino, Leo Tolstoy residence in Yasnaya Polyana, Anton Chekhov's residence in Melikhovo, Lenin's country house in Gorky, Stalin's bunker in Izmailovo and many, many other places of interest. We would be happy to help you customize any of our tours to your needs.
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We have booked 1-day tour with Three Whales for Vladimir-Suzdal with few comments from previous travelers. And we have no regret at all. It was really a wonderful trip. A great English-speaking guide have provided us with many interesting information about these two cities of Golden ring. Trip arrangement was well done. We enjoyed a lot this visit. Thanks Oleg & the team.

All reviews
"local guide"
in 8 reviews
"patriot park"
in 2 reviews
"who speaks perfect english"
"great patriotic war"
"fluent english"
"wonderful trip"
"better understanding"

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Great gide, talking excellent english.
Helpfull with taking pictures, special wishes etc etc.
Known by the museum, giving suggestions about souvenirs/books etc.

Thanks Oleg!

Reviewed June 16, 2013

I took my wife to Moscow to the Bolshoi and asked Three Whales to organise a day trip to the Borodino battlefield a long way outside Moscow.

What a fantastic, comfortable and well organised day trip. A great English speaking driver telling us all sorts all the way there, a fab Russian guide for the battlefield, a splendid really Russian meal to split the day. Very good value too given how stupidly expensive Moscow is.

Life made so easy in a country where I can't even read the road signs.

1  Thank BigPussyBonpensiero
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I had a most enjoyable half day tour of Moscow today. The guide and owner of the company, Oleg, is a pleasure to deal with, from the no hassle way of initially booking the tour, to the relaxed and knowledgeable style with which he showed me around. Before the tour I was bored in my hotel and had no engagement with Moscow whatsoever. After the tour I felt so much more able to relate to everything I see and hear around me in Moscow. It makes a real difference and made my entire business trip so much better.

When you start to Google for tours you quickly get overwhelmed with the enormous list of companies that comes up, and you don't know which is (a) reliable, (b) fairly priced, and (c) of decent quality. These things take on a bigger significance (for me anyway) when I'm in a place I don't know. Some other tour providers weren't answering the phone when I started calling around (admittedly this was at 8pm) but Oleg picked up right away, and on email too he is very responsive. He speaks perfect English, you won't have any problems asking questions or understanding the answers. Oleg has been doing this for 15 years, and he is both good at his job and takes pride in doing it well. He publishes his prices clearly on his website, which also helps me feel I'm not being taken advantage of - unlike for example my hotel, which offered to arrange a tour at almost twice what Three Wales charged.

By now it will come as no surprise that I highly recommend Three Wales. If you're bored in your hotel and have a few hours to spare, Oleg will change the way you see Moscow.

1  Thank Errin H