“Before and After”

Three Whales - Day Tours
Ranked #7 of 301 Tours in Moscow
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We specialize in historical, WWII eastern front compaign and sightseeing group and private tours by our minivans, on foot and by bikes. We consolidate travelers together for all of our one day tours so you can see more with the same budget. We offer set days for multiple days group trips to allow you to meet other travelers interested in the same topic and enjoy group rates. Please, check our website for one day trip dates which had been already selected by other travelers and set days for longer tours. Feel free to send us an e-mail and start your own consolidated tour on the day convenient for you. Travel Agency Three Whales is a Moscow based tour operator (established in 1995). The agency is fully licensed and can help with visa support formalities, hotel booking and any other tour arrangments. We organized one of a kind WWII battlefield tours which include Stalingrad, Kursk, Moscow, Leningrad, must see tours of Moscow - Saint-Petersburg - Golden Ring and day trips in Moscow, Vladimir, Suzdal, Sergiev-Posad, Tank museum in Kubinka, Military Air Force museum in Monino, Leo Tolstoy residence in Yasnaya Polyana, Anton Chekhov's residence in Melikhovo, Lenin's country house in Gorky, Stalin's bunker in Izmailovo and many, many other places of interest. We would be happy to help you customize any of our tours to your needs.
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I had a most enjoyable half day tour of Moscow today. The guide and owner of the company, Oleg, is a pleasure to deal with, from the no hassle way of initially booking the tour, to the relaxed and knowledgeable style with which he showed me around. Before the tour I was bored in my hotel and had no engagement with Moscow whatsoever. After the tour I felt so much more able to relate to everything I see and hear around me in Moscow. It makes a real difference and made my entire business trip so much better.

When you start to Google for tours you quickly get overwhelmed with the enormous list of companies that comes up, and you don't know which is (a) reliable, (b) fairly priced, and (c) of decent quality. These things take on a bigger significance (for me anyway) when I'm in a place I don't know. Some other tour providers weren't answering the phone when I started calling around (admittedly this was at 8pm) but Oleg picked up right away, and on email too he is very responsive. He speaks perfect English, you won't have any problems asking questions or understanding the answers. Oleg has been doing this for 15 years, and he is both good at his job and takes pride in doing it well. He publishes his prices clearly on his website, which also helps me feel I'm not being taken advantage of - unlike for example my hotel, which offered to arrange a tour at almost twice what Three Wales charged.

By now it will come as no surprise that I highly recommend Three Wales. If you're bored in your hotel and have a few hours to spare, Oleg will change the way you see Moscow.

1  Thank Errin H
"local guide"
in 8 reviews
"patriot park"
in 2 reviews
"who speaks perfect english"
"great patriotic war"
"fluent english"
"wonderful trip"
"better understanding"

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Oleg from 3 Whales was an excellent guide. Was able to answer all my questions well and was a pleasure to work with.

1  Thank bbw2103
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Primarily the result of Oleg's great hospitality and coordinating skills, my wife and I enjoyed very much our 2-day tour of Russia's beautiful Golden Ring. His English is perfect. He was very responsive to my email inquiries, made arrangements for an auxiliary tour, provided nice accommodations and food, allowed for frequent photo stops, and was flexible in tour details. We loved the beautiful cathedrals and other buildings of Vladimir and Suzdal. I highly recommend that future travelers to Moscow book this tour.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

My travel book suggested a visit to some of the cities that make up the Golden Ring outside Moscow and I was fortunate to find Three Whales that organizes such tours. As has been mentioned by previous reviewers, Oleg replies very quickly (I actually sent him several emails and he always replied within a day) and he speaks and writes excellent English, making communication a breeze.

The great thing about Three Whales is that they organize private tours for very small groups (they even have rates for solo travelers). We took two trips with Three Whales: one to Sergiev Posad and another to Vladimir and Suzdal. Both tours allowed us to experience a different Russia from Moscow and are definitely worth taking when you have the time. Oleg is very knowledgeable and shares a lot of great information about Russia and the cities we visited (and even some other places in Russia), making our trips even more enriching.

Another great and very important thing about Three Whales is that their rates are significantly cheaper than a lot of other tour companies. Similar one-day trips cost about twice as much or even more if you book them with other groups. Not only do you get to enjoy more of Russia and the Golden Ring through these private tours, you also get to save a lot of money.