“I recommend it”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Khamovniki
Description: Pane & Olio is a typical italian restaurant located in the center of Moscow, with a cozy atmosphere and based on a selected choice of products and wines
Los Angeles, California
“I recommend it”
Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

I was invited there by my friends.
Food and Service where good. There is live music by piano.
Lady is playing fine, not noisy. You may sit, talk, time to time listen to music and feel good.
I visited it again yesterday, same feelings:)

Sorrento, Italy
“Surprising”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

To be honest, I was there by chance. I'm in Moscow visiting my "summer" friends Vladimir and Mary, and sincerily it sounded a little strange to me when they suggested an "italian" restaurant. I am from Italy, and nothing is worst for me than eating on a "typical" red and white crossed towel surrounded from peppers when I am abroad. But I know my friends as "travellers", and I like to be very "easy", so I went after them keeping my doubts for myself. Well, against all my expectations, the ambience and decors are "russian", while the food and the warm welcoming of the Chef Giuseppe are truly "italian". What a nice mix!! He was able to make me feel "at home" far from home, in a very relaxed atmosphere, and this was the perfect start for a "russian" night!! :)

• Visited October 2012
3 Thank Di Leva M
Moscow, Moscow City, Russia
“Best Italian Place in town”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Not only does this place undoubtedly have the best Italian cuisine in Moscow, to me personally it’s the best Italian restaurant in a foreign environment I have ever been to.
The atmosphere is fantastic, it seems to flow with your current mood ideally – whether you are dressed up for a date, merrily drinking with your friends or having a cozy family brunch – once you step in, you immediately surrender to the place’s endless positive vibes regardless of your own initial mood.
On a weekend night you are welcome to enjoy live piano background, the pianist is great.
The staff is always friendly and helpful, the prices are astonishingly reasonable in comparison to other city Italian restaurants. The food is never anything less but amazing – I have tried a good half of the menu so far 
The Chef is an adorable Italian with welcoming warm eyes, constantly checking the room, greeting guests, cheering up the staff and bringing a special touch of sparkling energy to the incredible comfort aura that rules the place. Feels like home!

• Visited November 2011
Moscow, Russia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Molto buono!”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

This is really good Italian place in the center of Moscow. Very coisy, tasty food, and Italian shef working there who makes this place a real part of Italian culture! I'm used to come here very often for diner, sometimes for lunch, for birthday party, family and business events.
My food preferences: different tipes of antipasti, pasta, pizza with salsiccia, dolci.
Quality/price is really good comparing with other similar restaurants in Moscow. And the price for wines is good as well. And it is nice to have a limoncello or other digestives after diner!!
Staff is also very kind.
Thanks to Giuseppe and Co

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Valeria K
Дюссельдорф, Германия
“rediscover italian food with a fresh twist”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

By far my favorite restaurant in Moscow (and believe me the choice is big so favorites are hard to pick). Definitely italian, but far from the usual 'italian restaurant' cliches. Excellent food, with a touch of creativity but remaining simple, generous and full of fravors. Everything always fresh. The 'recommendation' of the chef is always worth a try. Very cosy atmosphere, you want to stay till late evening hours, just sipping your wine, or limoncello and having a talk with friends. And you can stay till the evening hours. The chef is amazing, he's the soul and the heart of the restaurant and you should definitely meet him. If you decide to give this restaurant a try, you will keep on coming again, guaranteed!!!! I hightly recommend!

• Visited September 2012