“Reka, Wow! Excellent food, View, Atmosphere & Friendly Service.”

Restaurant & Lounge Reka
Ranked #784 of 14,970 Restaurants in Moscow
Cuisines: European, Italian, Japanese
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Reka is a club/restaurant & has excellent food, excellent/friendly service, excellent atmosphere & a terrace that overlooks the river. The view wow! If your new to Moscow, a tourist/foreigner, or a local and looking for friendly service, with Russian/English menu's, and great food, I highly recommend this place. The owner/chef was so kind to come introduce himself Michel' and made us feel warm & welcome. My husband & a friend had the lamb rack, tender & wow! I had the oven braised sea bass & , & desert; yogurt cheesecake, the chocolate mouse & crème Brule' topped with strawberries, all fresh, delicious & all dishes prepared with color & design. We finished all off with a cup of ginger fruit tea wow!

1  Thank Lavina K

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Its my first time to Reka but I can tell you it will not be my last.
When you come in you are greeted by a very attractive young lady one of many.
I was asked if I had a reservation and I said no, then she asked me terrace or restaurant ? Terrace of course. I dint have to wait long then my friends came alone and let the party begins we had a wonderful time.
The food was generous and tasty the wine to ))))))))) there nothing like the out doors with a view like this really I can go on and on but I let you discover it for yourself. My recomandation for this populare place is a big YES like this Bon Apetit Guys))))))))))))))))0

1  Thank Nicole x
Reviewed August 7, 2013

The view from the terrace is really stunning, perfect addition to cuisine! Seafood in Reka is definitely worth trying, escpecially black cod with sweet miso sause.
Will come again for sure!

1  Thank Aliiiiiia
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Appreciate much the fact, that you can order any meals you can even imagine, even if it's not in the menu. The owner/manager/chef of Reka knows about the food everything and can really surprise with the meals. Service is unobtrusive and fast. But the "Oscar" goes to a stunning view on a historical district of the city.

1  Thank Egor K
Reviewed July 29, 2013

It was late Sunday and we had in our minds, brunch. then we remembered Reka and it was by the river so off we went to experience the restaurant.
Its in the arty, bohemian, clubby area of Red October which is the small island opposite the Kremlin, cathedral and was the old chocolate factory.
When we found the door it was straight into an elevator (lift) up to the next level where we were met by a very glamorous, attractive hostess who took us to the table. We asked if we could move in from the veranda to the main room and not only was it a pleasure, she gave us a great window table. It was still only 13:00 but it filled up shortly after.
We had a mix of sea food starters and main course was quail wrapped in ham. I could not help but have a dessert after.
This is the best restaurant meal I have experienced in Moscow since I have lived here for the last three years. Well presented but also the food was hot and that's my main complaint about eateries here.
The waiter was exceptionally smart, spoke perfect English and guided me through the best parts of the menu. The main dining room is plush and well decorated in an opulent luxury. Wine glasses big balloons which is what you need. On leaving we asked the waiter if we could see the other dining, club rooms and top verandah and he took us on an extended tour. All the rooms apart from the main club overlook the river and have a delightful view. Nice place like this are expensive and that should be expected. We will go again and will take our gourmet friends with us, the others - well MacDonalds is up the road

1  Thank Ray F