“Great steaks but pricy”

Butcher Steak House
Ranked #7 of 13,981 Restaurants in Moscow
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Bison steak house is a steak house for real men. We love meat and we invite you to come and enjoy our signature steaks and meat dishes. There are classic and alternative steaks in the menu of Bison steak house. Cooking an alternative steak takes specific knowledge and skill. We became the first steak house in Russia which started cooking alternative steaks. On a regular basis we introduce to our menu unique steaks and exclusive dishes from our chef. We want you to leave satisfied and happy every time. If you don't like your steak, we will cook a new one or return your money. And if all the tables are occupied, you can order any drink at the bar for free. We will cook you a perfect steak. If not - you won't pay for it!
Reviewed November 11, 2013

really good steaks served in a nice an warm atmosphere. as you would expect, a good quality western style restaurant comes with a pricetag in Moscow but comparable with good places in other major cities.
I like to go back there when I have a chance and the last few stays were really always enjoyable.

1  Thank rpitton
There are newer reviews for Butcher Steak House

Reviewed October 7, 2013

The ambiance and the service was good. The steak was almost perfect but the price was abnormal high. I did not had a starter, only a steak with potatos, one wine, one water and one coffee and it cost me €70,-
This place is probably only for the upper class i think.
Overrated.

3  Thank Nuranimo
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Went to bison today for lunch ( Sunday) not very busy but possibly one of the best steaks I've has, I went for the rib eye and he had the fillet.. Lovely! Bottle of Malbec with lunch which was beautiful, very friendly staff.. About £150 for main course with wine but well worth it

2  Thank poppetrb
Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful fat juicy steaks, I had a great big juicy bison steak Medium cooked Just what the doctor ordered, Found the restaurant to be on the expensive side Although the food was top notch.

1  Thank Hempenstall
Reviewed September 4, 2013

If you're a steak lover, I can't recommend this place more. It's a chain of four restaurants scattered around Moscow. We usually frequent the one on Mala Dmitrovka. Really nice ambience evoking the gentlemen's club feel as it's truly targeted at men. Or women really loving steaks. Anyway the place is nice, service very helpful and courteous. Also fast. As for the food, I would always choose Bison over El Gaucho. The steaks are simply delicious, very tender meat and especially Steak Mignon is amazing on Medium Rare. Should you order T-Bone steak, be prepared for a truly massive one that would cover all of your large plate. Other foods are equally delicious and interesting, we tried the spicy beef broth with cooked bull's tails and it was very good. You'll return very happy from your meat binge in this place. The quality of the meat is superb and I really appreciate friendly and cheerful staff over stuffy and sometimes a bit ignorant waiters at El Gaucho.