“Our first meal in Moscow, and wow!”
Review of Chemodan

Chemodan
Ranked #35 of 14,835 Restaurants in Moscow
Cuisines: Russian, Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Khamovniki
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Chemodan is on the right-hand side of a tree-lined boulevard about 300m from Arbatskaya Metro Station.
It’s very popular with local families and was quite busy, even for a Wednesday evening.
There was a lovely homely feel to the place.
It’s a Siberian Restaurant serving traditional recipes such as Bear rissoles (yes, bear), white salmon, reindeer and Arctic goose.
Nick spoke good English and went out of his way to help us through the menu.
The staff were warm and friendly, the beer excellent.
The Aniseed Erofeich, a classic Russian drink at 56% proof will certainly warm you on a cold Moscow night!
Try the Siberian stag soup – really tasty.
Good website – food is reasonably priced; drinks are expensive, particularly wine, but that’s par for the course in most Moscow restaurants.

1  Thank chrisandlyn

Reviewed July 26, 2013

After a week in Moscow, we went to Chemodan before flying back home. In a subdued atmosphere, we discovered dishes that are off what you usually find in other Russian restaurants, not to talk about beverages.
Luckily, Alex our waiter was very professional and extremely helpful in selecting dishes from Siberia or other regions of Russia, as well as for traditional Russian beverages. Personally, I really enjoyed tasting Erofeich which nicely enhanced the food taste. For the little story, I regret not buying a bottle of it on site - I couldn't find it anywhere else). The Venison with cedar nuts was just delightful. Definitely a place to go.

Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

Great service

Usual ridiculous moscow wine prices

Stunning waitress a real catwalk type

Good english

Food ok

Pseudo siberian. Standard russian plus game etc

Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

Interesting meat selections, great wine selections
Our wAiter spoke good English and was awesome!
I recommend the deer with cedar nuts and the walnut soufflé.

1  Thank rohmoh
Reviewed April 15, 2013

My friend and I went to eat here before embarking on the transiberian rail trip. As we knew we were not going to be eating well for at least a week, we decided to go all out and spend some cash. We were not disappointed. The food here was absolutely delectable. It was expensive, we had a drink each, a main course each (they weren't huge but were of an adequate size) and one dessert and it came to over 60 pounds. Nonetheless, the ambience was great, the service was super (despite the fact the waiter didn't speak English very well) and the food was just out of this world. Yes, I would pay to eat here again - I loved it and besides my hotel being great, was my favourite experience in Moscow.