Tatiana Hotel
$148
TripAdvisor
$105
  • Restaurant
AZIMUT Hotel Tulskaya Moscow(Moscow)(Great Value!)
$41
$279
$258
Travelocity
  • Pool
Katerina City Hotel(Moscow)(Great Value!)
$80
$747
$354
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
All reviewsglass elevatorsuperior roommin walkroom servicesaunastationfloormetrobath
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 24, 2009

Last year in October we were in Moscow and we have stopped in Tatiana Hotel. We again go to Moscow in October 2009 and we wish to stop in Tatiana Hotel again. Nice restaurant in hotel. We like to eat. Breakfasts and suppers in hotel the excellent. To gourmets I recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 15, 2009

I have stayed in this hotel several times, for up to three weeks at a stretch. You can read about all the fine features of this hotel in other reviews. I would add that the front desk staff has been upgraded considerably over the past two years, from Soviet-grumpy to very pleasant and capable. I like coming here. (I do not like the excessive fee for using the Internet, so I don't use it at the hotel.)

But be forewarned: The beds here are like concrete. Set on wooden slats, the "mattress" is about 6 inches thick--but, American readers, the "mattress" would be better described as box springs, with large staples at the top surface holding the fabric cover to the springs. No additional padding, nada.

The hotel takes pride in offering these "orthopedic" beds, and if you like sleeping on the sidewalk at home, you'll like these beds very much. I cope by bringing a foam rubber mattress pad with me, which should not be necessary in a 4-star hotel. (Such pads are difficult or impossible to find in Russia, so pack yours.)

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed May 20, 2008

I stayed at the Tatiana for 3 weeks. I had a deluxe room which had a small balcony and would recommend paying the extra for a deluxe room rather than the interior ones which overlook the atrium. They can get quite stuffy.

The room was $400 a night, which I understand to be a reasonable price for Moscow. Most staff speak English reasonably well and even with my extremely limited Russian I had no problems throughout my stay.

Be aware that there are no irons and no coffee makers in the room. Laundry, pressing and drycleaning services are available, but you are looking at $4 for a pair of socks, $17 for pajamas and $45 to dry-
clean a suit. High speed wireless internet is available but is extremely pricey. The cards come in a day (approx $35) or hour (approx $15) format and there are no timeouts once the card has been activated.

Hotel restaurant is pricey as well. Food is good (though not at all Russian) but is cooked with considerably more oil than an average North American will be used to. Avoid anything pan fried. There are, however, many restaurants quite nearby (though it does take a few days to find them) that are much cheaper and serve a less calorie laden fare. Almost every restaurant will have an english menu available.

There are no bathtubs in the hotel, but the walk in shower is large with good water pressure.

There is a small fitness center with mens and ladies saunas and an oversize jacuzzi. In the three weeks I was there, I only saw one other person in the fitness center. Note that while the fitness center is open 7 days a week, the jacuzzi and saunas are closed on the weekends which was something of a disappointment, since that's the only time I could see myself using either.

Overall, it was a pleasant stay. I would have liked a few more conveniences in the room, but would certainly stay again.

Stayed: May 2008
5  Thank lmbcoco67
Reviewed December 27, 2007

I stayed in this hotel a number of times and always thought that although it was nice, at $400 a night it was overpriced. Little did I know! After I stayed in Novotel (an inferior hotel compare to Tatiana) and paid $600 a night, I realized that Tatiana was real bargain for Moscow. The hotel is very clean, quite, and well run. No hookers in the lobby (although I am sure some of the readers will consider it as a drawback).
The hotel is not far from a metro station, 7-8 minute walk. It's important, traffic in Moscow is horrendous, you cannot rely on cars, you will have to take metro.
If you are planning to stay in Tatiana, ask for a Superior room. These rooms are a little more expensive but they are more spacious and, more importantly, have a window facing outside rather than into the atrium.

• Stayed: December 2007
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Alex K
Reviewed December 26, 2007

Accommodations: Large well appointed rooms arranged around an atrium with a skylight. Extremely comfortable bed, functional desk, and sitting area. Bathroom was large and spotless.

Amenities: Breakfast was tasty, messages and taxes were handled professionally, and car services were arranged efficiently. One gripe -- the Internet service was pricey. And I paid. Do not forage for an unencrypted signal on Moscow streets.

Location: On a pleasant tree lined residential street, across from a small park, about one block from a subway station, one half block from a police station. A good combination of quiet and convenient and secure.

This hotel was booked and paid for by my Russian host. I was very happy with the choice.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank aversetospam