“Suspect location for Western traveler but terrific hotel”
Review of Tatiana Hotel

Tatiana Hotel
Ranked #87 of 315 Hotels in Moscow
Cleveland, OH
“Suspect location for Western traveler but terrific hotel”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I was here on business for 3 nights. Rooms run $230-$280/night depending on exchange rate, but for that you get a decent quality room, small balcony for smokers if you're staying in a non-smoker room, and a terrific breakfast buffet. Hotel is quite upscale - rated 4 Stars by Russian Agency but a bit closer to 3-star hotel based on Western standards. Close to main roads, metro stations, restaurants, etc. Would definitely stay here again but not sure I'd swallow the cost myself.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank uki_guy
MarinaGrishechkina, Manager at Tatiana Hotel, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear guest, thank you for choosing Tatiana hotel. We are glad that you liked our room and enjoyed our breakfast buffet. We'll be very happy to see you again in our hotel and hope you'll have a great time with us.

Best regards,
Marina Grishechkina, sales manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Finding a competitively priced hotel in Moscow in a good area that feels like a 4 star hotel takes some research and a little luck. I'm happy to say that the Tatiana was not disappointing. It is no more than a 10-12 minute walk from Paveletsky railway station. Though it is located off the main road on a side street that feels strangely residential for a business class hotel, my doubts subsided when I entered the spacious lobby, featuring an exposed glass elevator that rises up six floors to a fifty foot ceiling. Unlike other hotels I researched online, the Tatiana feels large and cozy with a nice lounge and a bar in the lobby.

We arrived before our 2pm check-in but they were happy to hold our bags in storage near the reception area. Our room was a standard double on the 5th floor with windows opening up to the roof (though stepping out on the roof is probably frowned upon, it wouldn't be hard to do). It wasn't large but very cozy and welcoming with long white sheers draping over the windows. Plenty of outlets for charging various travel appliances and a nice bed with nightstands attached to either side of the bed. The mattress was firm without being stiff, just very comfortable, unlike other hotel beds I experienced in Russia. I really liked the bath too. For people with mobility issues, there was no tub to step in and out of, just a nicely tiled large shower area. I liked it but it's a matter of preference.

The only snag during our stay was that there was a discrepancy between the booking.com price I booked online and the hotel's pricier invoice. Once I showed my online receipt to the person working at reception, she cleared it up and I paid the rate I had been guaranteed.

If I find myself in Moscow again, I would not hesitate to book a room at Tatiana.

Room Tip: I really enjoyed being on the 5th floor for the view but also for the cool ride up the glass elevato...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank bluesdog
London
Reviewed August 7, 2012 via mobile

as you can imagine I have used pretty much all of the services and facilities in this hotel and cannot fault it at all. the gym is good, the massage excellent, the laundry service is very high quality, the food is good, the piano player and the harpist are lovely additions to an evening and the staff are great. if I had to criticise anything at all, so as not to make this review sound unbelievable, I would say the serviettes at breakfast are too small to be useful, but honestly, if you have to stay for a long time away from home on business, the Tatiana makes it tolerable. Thank you Tatiana.

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Uglybecks
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 10, 2012

First time I have stayed at this hotel however my colleagues in Russia booked me into a nice room on the 5th floor of this hotel. Glad to say that my non-smoking room really was non-smoking and didn't smell at all of cigarettes which can often be a problem in hotels in countries that still allow people to smoke in rooms. My room and ensuite bathroom were spotlessly clean and toiletries were provided. Very sound-proof rooms ensuring a good nights sleep.
Mini bar and room service provided. Also, free wi-fi in the room.
Didn't try the restaurant for dinner however the breakfast served in the morning was great. Large selection of continental and hot items on the buffet.
Staff were all very pleasant also.

Room Tip: Go for a room on a higher floor if possible.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank ReviewbyLaura
Antwerpen
Reviewed November 18, 2011

Stayed at Tatiana on a business trip to Moscow lately.
The hotel is a straightforward rather unpersonal hotel near the city centre of Moscow. Although the hotel is nothing great it offers for Moscow definitely a right balance between price and quality.
Staff is cool but friendly Rooms are spacious but nothing fancy. Rather dark and gloomy.
I dined in the restaurant and found the food to be nothing fancy but tasty and ok. Same goes for breakfast.
I can recommend the hotel for any stay to Moscow as again the quality is ok for an at least affordable price

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Antwerpengl
MarinaGrishechkina, Manager at Tatiana Hotel, responded to this review, December 16, 2011
Dear Guest!
We are glad that you are satisfied with the quality of service in our hotel and than you find the food in the restaurant tasty. We hope that you had a nice stay.
All team of the hotel tries hard to make guests stay as convenient as possible
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience and we really look forward to have you as guests again soon!
Sincerely yours, Marina Grishechkina, Sales manager of Tatiana Hotel
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed October 13, 2011

I stayed at Tatiana for 4 nights in September. I found the hotel to be a great value for the money and in a great location near 2 metro stations and in easy walking distance to some great restaurants. I slept great and the nonsmoking rooms didn't smell of smoke (an issue in Moscow). The staff were formal, but friendly and helpful with assisting in reservations, arranging calls, and providing directions in English.

Hotels in Moscow are notoriously expensive, and I would disagree with reviewers that Tatiana's rates were exorbitant. Tourists may want to consider paying more and staying near Red Square, since most sites are clustered there, but the trade off is paying more. I really liked the quiet residential street Tatiana was on because there was so little street noise.

I noticed that the hotel reads these reviews because I had high quality, free wireless internet, comfortable linens, clean towels, good TV, moderately priced minibar, and toiletries. One thing that I would add is a water heater with instant coffee, tea, cream, and sugar available.

Room Tip: Just ask. Try to get a room with a street view instead of one that has an Interior window over the a...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
MarinaGrishechkina, Manager at Tatiana Hotel, responded to this review, October 20, 2011
Dear Guest!
We are so glad to hear you like our hotel!
All staff of the hotel tries hard to make guests stay as convenient as possible and be maximum helpfulIt. It is really is a great reward for our team to hear your warm words.
Sincerely yours, Marina Grishechkina, Sales manager of Tatiana Hotel
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed June 4, 2011

I have to stay in this hotel quite often for business since the office of my partner is close. THe hotel is quite, family owned place with ok rooms and service. And very expensive rates!
I doubt the rates are going to be reviewd by the management, but I hope a couple of things would be fixed (to bring it to the right level of comfort)
- There is no shelf for shampoo/gel in the shower - you have to put all your toiletteries right on the floor...
- The conditioning systems are extremely nosy
- if you are anlucky to get a room with no external view, but the one with the window into the atrium - be prepared to have a sleepless nigh because these rooms are very stuffy and conditioners do not work properly (and you cannot open the window)
- the restaurant menue is very limited and never changes....(there is no restaurant in the walking distance around the hotel)....
On the bright side - the staff is extremely friendly and ooms are clean...

Room Tip: only room with the external view
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
MarinaGrishechkina, Manager at Tatiana Hotel, responded to this review, July 12, 2011
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your impression about our hotel!
Your opinion is important to us and helps us to improve our hotel and service.
We are glad to hear you found our staff “extremely friendly and rooms clean”
Sorry for inconvenient you met living in the hotel.
We took into account all your comments and move towards improving the situation.
Please visit us again soon!
Sincerely yours, Marina Grishechkina, Sales manager of Tatiana hotel