Hotel Baltschug Kempinski Moscow
$109
$90
Good 3.5/5
  • Breakfast included
Vega Hotel & Convention Center(Moscow)(Great Value!)
$42
$191
$120
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
Izmailovo Gamma Delta(Moscow)(Great Value!)
$35
$34
  • Room Service
1,157 results
All reviewsacross the riverred squaresaint basilst basilsred caviarbeautiful hotelother star hotelskremlin viewperfect locationmoskva riverbreakfast buffet isroom was spaciousan upgradebusiness triprooms are bigmetro stationconcierge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 9, 2011

I had the pleasure of spending two days here on a business trip, having to spend a lot of time in my room working in preparation for a meeting, so I did get to see a lot of the facilities and to experience the services of the friendly staff. My room, a superior, was booked by my client, so I cannot rate it on a value-for-money basis, but it was very comfortable: great bed, good amenities, lots of little treats and throughtfull details, and a functional bathroom. Not a "WOW" room, by no means, but very functional. The food, on the other hand, was excellent: I wholly enjoyed the rich buffet breakfast, giving a large choice for both healthy dishes (I was on a fruit-and-veg spree those days) as well as the more lardy options of eggs, cheeses, cold cuts, etc.etc. Lunch was also very good with a very good Caesar's salad and superb cold cucumber soup. All the staff I came into contact with were fantastically helpful, and that is to be said of the concierges in particular. All in all, great experience. Oh, by the way: the swimming pool was out of order when I stayed.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 26, 2011

I can say that the location is unique just next to the red square. It is the best location for a new person just arriving to moscow for the first time as me and my family. The rooms are so big we love them. The service was very good and very friendly we didn't expect this fro russia but it is great. If you can gt a room with the view to the red square this is just fantastic as you have unique view of the river the red square and it is great diring the night.

Room Tip: take the room with a view to the red square
  • Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank MHWombat
Reviewed June 22, 2011

From the moment we began with our reservations the Hotel staff was really the best. Arranging our car to pick us up at the train, helping us navigate out way around the city or making reservations at one of the fine restaurants Moscow has to offer. The view from the Baltschug can't be beat especially if you are lucky enough to have a view of the Kremlin!!!
The breakfast buffet is delightful from Blinis and Caviar to scrambled eggs, the choice is yours. Thank you staff of the Baltschug for making our trip so memorable!!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ScottCoates
Reviewed June 19, 2011

We arrived REALLY early in the morning from our flight, with my toddler in tow and our friends who were travelling with us. The staff took one look at us and organized early check in so we could rest before starting our day. They weren't at all obligated to do something like that, but they did, and we sure appreciated it. Our room was beautiful, lots and lots of room to move in and get comfortable, giant windows with lots of natural light, desk, big TV, minibar, safe, closets, fantastic bathroom finished in marble (complete with all of the fixings you would expect from a Kempinski) and maybe one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in while travelling. Now the cost per night was dear, but Moscow is a very expensive city, and the Kempinski was on par with other hotels of the same calibre. The hotel concierge organized a free city tour in english for us (it was wonderful), they gave great restaurant suggestions, and they left candy and strawberries in our room when they cleaned it (I presume for my daughter, as our friends in the room next door didn't get that!). We asked for babysitting service one night (1st time ever trying something like that) and we were so happy with the woman who came. She was friendly, courteous, professional and seemed to really like children. Our daughter loved her.

Eating at the hotel, whether one of the in house restaurants, or ordering room service is very expensive, but again, this is an expensive city.

The location was fantastic and one of the reasons we booked this hotel. We were minutes from the Red Square, St Basil's, and the Kremlin. That was magical! We were also only a few blocks away from a metro stop (which is a part of Moscow that should not be missed). Visiting Moscow in February was maybe crazy on our part, but we walked almost everywhere despite the cold, and when we returned to the hotel at the end of the day to thaw out, we really had a great home base to relax.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank Cody-Anne
Reviewed May 11, 2011

More or less since this hotel opened I have stayed here about 7 or 8 times a year. This used to be a great hotel, central, close to the great night life, pleasant and helpful staff. So, what has happened?
The rooms are shabby and don't deserve to be so expensive. They really have to upgrade this place or it will get left behind.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
5  Thank Eater96
Management response:Responded May 15, 2011

Dear Sir,

Firstly we would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your loyalty staying over almost 19 years at the Hotel Baltschug Kempinski Moscow.

We are terribly sorry to read your comments, indicating that you are not as satisfied with our services as you are used to. As you mention our hotel is a landmark for Moscow and it's city centre, this truly is a great advantage but not what we aim to rely on. Our main aim is our guests satisfaction, delivering service on a high level and anticipating our guests needs. We have ongoing training with all our employees to maintain the level of standards and bring us constantly to the next level.

Currently the hotel is in the middle of an intensive upgrade and I'm very delighted to inform you that by late summer you will see the impact in the public area as well as in the restaurants and our Health Club facilities. These works will be followed by the renovation of our guest rooms in 2012.

We very much appreciate comments like yours as they constantly help us to improve our services.

Please feel free to contact me personally if I can be of any kind of help for your future visits to Moscow.

Yours sincerely