“AWESTRUCK”

and up
Private Tour of the Bolshoi Theater in Moscow
Ranked #9 of 2,393 things to do in Moscow
More attraction details
Owner description: The oldest theater in Moscow, rebuilt following a fire and later a hurricane, is magnificent both inside and out, and its resident opera and ballet troupes rate among the finest in the world.
Ranchi, India
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“AWESTRUCK”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2014

Very difficult to get the tickets !! Almost impossible . But the best part is there are some guys selling in black outside the theatre.
I don't have any words for the Theatre. SHOULD BE IN YOUR - THINGS TO DO IN LIFE. Please be very well dressed.

1 Thank rajas1881

15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“A stunning building”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

A stunning building. I think it would be a great place to see an event, but like most places like Sydney Opera House or Covent Garden sell out in advance. So need to do research and book before you travel

Visited March 2014
Wharton, Texas
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“ballet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014

Ballet is now in "new" Bolshoi and Opera in the old one. It was a bit pricey but well worth the money for the quality of the performance. A small theater so there are really no bad seats. Arranged thru the hotel and so had great seats. One drawback is that the Theater requires cash, so can be a bit hard to arrange prior to arrival.

1 Thank percy98
Tallinn, Estonia
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Great dancers and a beautiful theatre”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

I visited the Bolshoi theatre few weeks ago and since I just had a few days to plan my trip I did not buy the tickets in advance since they were all sold out. But since I had heard that there are people usually selling tickets in front of the theatre then I took my chance with it. Right away I saw several people selling tickets who had probably bought them a while ago and sold them with a bit more expensive price. Since I do speak russian and understand it then I negotiated over the price in russian and I think that the price was ok, but I did not turn too much attention to where I was seated since the guy told me it is the first balcony and very good seats. Although I can read russian also (not as well as I understand) I did not see at first that there was a text "neudobnaja mesta" meaning uncomfortable seat. So what happened was that the seat was really on the first balcony but on the side and in the third row - so I did not see about 1/4th of the stage and since a few ladies sitting in the second row had the urge to stand up from time to time to see what's happening on the stage then I also ended standing up for at least half of the show. So be careful and look at the seating plan from the internet before you buy tickets and don't believe when you are told "good seats":) But other than that I loved the visit and would love to go again the next time I visit Moscow.

Lichfield, United Kingdom
55 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 127 helpful votes
“The New Bolshoi”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

If you are like me, someone with no real interest in ballet, but would like the Bolshoi experience whilst in Moscow, the New Theatre is the ideal option. The theatre which is just to the left of the main Bolshoi is suberbly opulent, & gives the feeling of a major event. We booked our tickets directly through the Bolshoi website for less than 20 Euros each, which at these prices made the performance accessable for the average Russian, which in turn created a great atmosphere in the theatre. I probably won't rush to watch anymore ballet, but I certainly have no regrets accompanying my wife to The Bolshoi.

2 Thank CCJ1958