“Good quality hotel”

Ranked #31 of 321 Hotels in Moscow
Warwick. UK
“Good quality hotel”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

If you are on a business trip then this is ideal. If you are just on a city holiday as we were then you might worry about the location if you read all the reviews as it isn't near the metro.
We thought it was great- it took 20 mins to walk to the nearest station- turn left out of the hotel, walk up the road in a straight line until you get to the top of the park and the metro is across te road. You can buy a ticket for 2 trips for 56 rbs and if you use the machines they have English translation.
The hotel has an impressive reception area. The breakfast was very expensive and not worth the money in my opinion. However if you go up the escalator into the trade centre area and walk out of the main doors on your left is a costa coffee. if not the coffee shop in reception opens at 10am..
We got a taxi from the airport which w booked from the hotel and it cost 4000 rps for a van as there were 4 of us. It was well worth doing as we didnt have to worry about finding where to go.
the Hotel backs on to the river and if you like boat trips walk across the nearest bridge and get on the boat trip in front of the Radisson. It had lovely food on board and was really warm and an excellent way to see all of the sites.
The rooms in the Hotel are lovely- plenty of space to unpack, bathrobes, free bottles of water each day and fantstic views.
You are a little way from red square but well worth it I think

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
VictoriaMorozova, Manager at Crowne Plaza Moscow World Trade Centre, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
Dear WendyTomes,

Thank you for taking your time and posting a review concerning your experience with Crowne Plaza Moscow hotel.
We were happy to learn you found our hotel and your room with river views comfortable and convenient regarding your preferences.
May we kindly advise you to try breakfasts at Bar24 located in the lobby area of the hotel. The Bar is opened 24 hours a day and serves food and beverages in strict correspondence with Crowne Plaza service standards.
In case you want to get to the metro faster than in 20 minutes by foot WTC offers shuttle buses going straight to the station Ulitsa 1905 goda. Shuttle buses could be easily found near entrance number 7.
We would be happy to welcome you in Crowne Plaza Moscow hotel during your next visit to Moscow.

Senior Marketing Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Roma
Reviewed November 3, 2012

A very modern and comfortable place for whom come to Moscow for business. Good location, good rooms, richi breakfast. Clean and safe. There is everything you could need when coming to Moscow for business meetings. Good impression. Nice and helpful personnel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Dear Tripava,

We were happy to learn you found our hotel and your room comfortable and convenient regarding your preferences. It was also great to hear you liked the breakfast and that our staff was helpful for your needs.

new york
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza for 4 nights this month and was fairly disappointed by the experience. The hotel has two wings. The main and largest building and a smaller executive wing. I stayed in the main building which has the same lobby as the World Trade Center and frankly feels nothing like a hotel lobby but rather a transient space with absolutely no character. The rooms are very average with very small bathrooms and basic amenities, I had two small beds and could not switch to a queen size bed as I was told the hotel was full upon check in. I had dinner in the hotel lobby dinner lounge and the food was average. I ordered room service every morning and frankly found the food to be of very poor quality (bread, coffee, pastries). Finally, front desk staff was courteous at best. Overall this was a very substandard hotel and not a good value for money option. On a positive note, the stay provided access to a fairly good spa/gym within the World Trade Center.

Room Tip: Try to get to the executive wing (smaller building) where i was told the overall standing is higher
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
VictoriaMorozova, Manager at Crowne Plaza Moscow World Trade Centre, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear saadb,

Thank you for taking your time and sharing the feedback concerning your stay at Crowne Plaza Moscow.
We were happy to learn that you liked our font desk staff attitude and the fitness center “Atlantis”.
As you have noticed, Crowne Plaza Moscow is a part of World Trade Center Moscow which is a huge business complex and provides a great number of various services on one territory. I regret that you did not like hotel’s lobby as the majority of our guests love its spacious, spectacular and restful ambiance with an access to all World Trade Center services (such as various restaurants and cafes, congress center, supermarket, various shops, pharmacy, excursions agency and a lot more) without going outside.
May we kindly inform you that all our food in the restaurants including our room service is made from healthy ingredients and products of organic line of highest quality. We would appreciate a lot if you could specify what exactly regarding bread, coffee and pastries you did not like.
As for the room type which you got, may we kindly inform you that according to the reservation rules “standard” room category does not guarantee specific room type and during high occupancy periods room with one queen\king size bed is subject to availability upon arrival. We will be happy to arrange you king-size bed room type if you would be so kind to contact our reservations department prior to arrival during your next stay with us.
We hope to have an opportunity to welcome you again in Crowne Plaza Moscow WTC!

Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza World Trade Center from October 13-20, 2012, and enjoyed the experience. The room was very comfortable, and the staff was uniformly attentive and strong with English skills.

Extraordinarily, I received special service on my arrival evening. I asked the concierge about dining options, and a staffer named Igor (don't know his last name) drove me to the restaurant, pointing out sites along the way. I'll certainly stay at the Crowne Plaza again on my next visit to Moscow.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
VictoriaMorozova, Manager at Crowne Plaza Moscow World Trade Centre, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Dear rickhamilton,

Thank you for taking your time and posting a review concerning your experience with Crowne Plaza Moscow.
It was a pleasure to read you found the hotel and your room nice and convenient regarding your needs. We will certainly transfer your nice words to Igor – we are happy you admired the service he strived to provide.
We are excited to welcome you back to Crowne Plaza Moscow hotel during your next visit to Moscow.

Grantham, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza 30th Sep to 5th October, my second stay here. Reception staff were welcoming and on the whole the English spoken was very good, certainly far better than my Russian! Really nice lobby area, though with such a huge space, a quiet drink at the bar is very difficult. There are a few restaurants within the complex which means you have a reasonable choice if you do not want to go out again for dinner. Breakfast is expensive as with all similar hotels - it would be nice to have a more menu pricing approach. Trythe cafe instead, but be warned, a pot of green tea costs around £12.00!
My room was very nice - Executive, though I was disappointed not to get a river view this time - ask when you check in. I would say the light switching is a challenge in the room, trying to work out which switch turns off which light. Still it whiles away the hours on the way to bed!
The concierge was very helpful in arranging my taxis etc for the week and I found all staff welcoming.
Location is not ideal as the metro stations are not very close, but seek out Vystavochnaya at the expo centre. It is closer than 1905 Goda.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
VictoriaMorozova, Manager at Crowne Plaza Moscow World Trade Centre, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear harterz,

Thank you for taking your time and posting a review concerning your experience at Crowne Plaza Moscow hotel.
We were glad to learn you found the hotel and your room attractive and convenient regarding your preferences. We are also happy you appreciated our service and the staff.
We would be happy to welcome you to Crowne Plaza Moscow hotel again during your next visit to Moscow.

Thailand
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Look. If you get a room with a view of the big river and one of the even bigger 'Seven Sisters' then you'll be in for a treat. That is assuming you have a George Orwell type 1984 mask on and can only look out of the window.

Look inside and sadly you're reminded of all that makes global hotel chains rushing into new markets akin to fools and angels fearing to tread etc.

A small room. Polyester pillows, uncomfortable office chair set up. Small dingy bathroom and an aircon that I SWEAR makes the same sound as someone typing on an iphone ALL NIGHT (unless, of course, I had some unwanted whatsapp addicted iphone-ist smuggled in my bags).

I ordered a Caesar Salad and what turned up was as risible as it was inedible. Drenched wet leaves, sliced fake cheese, warm indian spiced chicken and 4 cherry tomatoes. Oh, the croutons were triangles of sliced toasted white bread.

Breakfast was similarly appalling. And largely inedible.

There's some charm in a 20420402 room hotel from 1950-hell - it's anonymous, the service is 'depressed russia' and every discussion feels like an argument (even though it isn't)...

The one good thing is the Vodka is cheap, so you can numb the pain and lick the window as you search, in vain for something to rest your eyes on that doesn't remind you of where you are.

Sounds like nation building to me.

1 Thank Jonathan S
VictoriaMorozova, Manager at Crowne Plaza Moscow World Trade Centre, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Dear Jonathan S,

Thank you very much for staying with us during your trip and for sharing your comments.
I regret to hear that the hotel and our services did not meet your expectations. I would like to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your recent stay with us.
Thank you for pointing out the problem with air conditioning in your room. We will take actions to fix the problem.
Please, be kindly informed that bedding is provided in accordance with Brand standards and housekeeping will gladly provide you with feather/down pillow upon request.
As for breakfast, please, be informed that we use only high-quality organic products and offer a wide range of buffet selections in our restaurant: fresh-baked bread from own pastry, desserts, hot cereals, wide selection of yoghurts and dairy produce, fresh and dried fruit, fruit salads, flakes and muesli, Asian dishes, fresh vegetables, cheese platter, salads, assorted fish and sausages, cold cut; grilled vegetables, potato, mushrooms and bacon; French toasts, vanilla waffles and pancakes; omelettes, fried and scrambled eggs with cheese, ham, mushrooms or tomatoes.
Also we did not have any negative comments regarding “Caesar salad” during the hotel history and it is one of our top-order items upon guests. However, tastes differ, and we kindly advice you to tell your comments before ordering -our chef will be happy to prepare the salad according to your preferences.
I would like to thank you once again for staying with us on your trip to Moscow and taking a moment to write a review. We sincerely hope to have another chance to welcome you as our Guest again in the future!

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Very nice, clean, well appointed four star hotel in Moscow. It's an excellent place to stay if you are attending a conference in the World Trade Center since you can just walk over. (And won't have to contend with Moscow traffic.) I'd consider the toilettries on par with a three or four star hotel - - they get the job done but aren't ultra luxe.

Helpful staff. I heard a guest ask for assistance with a taxi ~ 18:30 in the evening and he was told it would be a 35 minute wait for a car. So the next morning, before meetings began, I asked the concierge to reserve a taxi for me for 18:00 so I could get to my dinner reservation on time. The first option offered was 950 rubles, chargeable to my room. I told the concierge I thought metered taxi's charged 300 - 400 rubles? She confirmed that a metered taxi would cost between 500 - 600 rubles and that I could pay directly with my credit card to the taxi driver. This worked great. I repeated the process for a couple of evenings.

The rooms were quiet, comfortable and very clean. They were also a bargain compared to other Moscow hotels, although this may have been due to my participation in the conference.

You can get around fine even if you do not speak Russian.

Very friendly and kind bell hop and luggage depository.

The omlette maker at the buffet breakfast went out of his way to offer custom-made omlettes. The variety at the buffet breakfast is huge, but not worth the exhorbitant price. Luckily, there is the option to order off the menu.

This would be the only place I'd stay if I were attending a conference in the World Trade Center.

Dear GreatTrip356,

Thank you for taking your time and posting a review concerning your stay experience with Crowne Plaza Moscow.
We greatly appreciate your kind words regarding the hotel, your room, our staff and the breakfast. We will definitely transfer your wonderful feedback to our morning chef.
We would be happy to welcome you back to Crowne Plaza Moscow during your next visit to Moscow.