“beautiful views but far”

Crowne Plaza Moscow World Trade Centre
Ranked #26 of 326 Hotels in Moscow
Reviewed September 13, 2012

This hotel by itself is beautiful and the views of the river and the city from the balconies are spectacular. You could just stay in the room and enjoy Moscow. But then you have to leave to see the sights and that's the biggest problem. This hotel is a pretty long walk from the nearest subway station ( and I am always happy to walk but this one is a bit beyond enjoyable). If you decide to take a taxi every time you leave the hotel it will be an expensive stay.
Even though everything is so expensive in Moscow ( and this hotel is no exception) the service you get is usually painfully poor. You have to jump through hoops for the simplest things. Simple example: I wake up at 6am with a jetlag and I had already consumed the tiny bottle of water left in the room and I was thirsty. I went down to the front desk and asked where I can get a bottle of water. She said the store was closed and there was not other place I could get water and I had to wait till 9am!! Clearly the housekeeping had water but she could not be bothered. Things like this happen almost everywhere you go.
Moscow is potentially a beautiful city but one I don't have a huge desire to go back to. Same applies to this hotel. Recommend to stay in the center of town for easier access.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
VictoriaMorozova, Manager at Crowne Plaza Moscow World Trade Centre, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

Dear arturkinnola,

Thank you for taking you time and posting a review concerning your experience in Crowne Plaza Moscow hotel.
We were happy to learn that you enjoyed your room and the view from your window.
May we kindly inform you that there is a shuttle bus heading straight to the metro station from the territory of World Trade Centre. The bus takes off near entrance number 7.
We apologize for any inconveniences you may have experienced. We strive to provide excellent service to all our guests and value your comments as most important for our future improvements. Please, be kindly informed that according to international standards a bottle of water is provided for every guest on the daily basis during room cleaning. In case of additional water request for your convenience you have a choice of various drinks (including water) in the minibar, also you may choose room-service option or supermarket in the WTC territory, which indeed, opens at 9.30 pm. Otherwise, you may buy water in 24 hours supermarket outside the WTC territory, if below mentioned options are not suitable for you.
We would be glad to welcome you once again in Crowne Plaza Moscow during your next visit to Moscow.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

Thank u for Sushi in breakfast ....Breakfast was good but could be much better ....Reception staff were very conscientious.... Room service was timely and orderly....Every morning I could see the beautiful view of the Moscow river and Radison Hotel from the room....

• Stayed: August 2012
VictoriaMorozova, Manager at Crowne Plaza Moscow World Trade Centre, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

Dear Katiiii,

Thank you for taking your time and posting a review concerning your experience at Crowne Plaza Moscow hotel.
We were happy to read you found the room and the view on Moscow river gorgeous and the staff experienced and helpful.
We would be happy to welcome you to Crowne Plaza Moscow hotel again during your next visit to Moscow.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

I am regular guest in this Hotel. Mostly because of the location - close to the Moscow City but also following quality of rooms, service and the fitness center (very important for me). I like also their restaurant - pretty decent steaks served. Menu is presented using funny gadget - iPad.

Room Tip: Try rather not to take rooms in the Club Section. Its Gym is much smaller - I like rather main part...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 31, 2012

The Crowne Plaza Moscow is adjacent to the World Trade Center building so it's ideal for conventions, exhibitions, etc. All visitors are screened at a metal detector - not sure if that's an inconvenience or reassurance!

The lobby area is a large atrium, with external glass-sided elevators and rooms arranged around the periphery of the internal space. It's not a particularly welcoming space but is well lit by natural light from large glass windows.

The room was fine though, if a little dull in the decor. A noisy centralised aircond unit provided heating and cooling. The room had a balcony and the strongest suite of the room was this, with the view of the Moscow river below. Across the river is one of the Stalin Towers, now the Radisson Royalty hotel, looking like something from Gotham city. The architecture is very striking and reminescent of the US skyscrapers built in the 1950s such as the Empire State building and the Chrysler building. The view alone distinguished what would otherwise have
been an average large-hotel room.

The bathroom was adequate and clean, and the room had the usual conveniences of in room safe, coffee and tea making facilities, large flatscreen TV, etc.

The breakfast buffet was not particularly memorable, but service from the waiters was generally good by Russian standards.

Location wise, the hotel is by the river, which is great for riverside walks, but otherwise it's not very well sited for shopping or for restaurants. There is a metro a short walk away.

Room Tip: choose a room with a riverside view on one of the higher floors.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
VictoriaMorozova, Manager at Crowne Plaza Moscow World Trade Centre, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2012

Dear Leeyuk,

We were glad to read that you found the room, the breakfast and our services convenient regarding your needs and expectations.
We would be happy to welcome you back to Crowne Plaza Moscow during your next visit to Moscow.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

It was my first trip to Moscow, I had heard many negative points from hotels and their stuffs, but fortunately when I entered I was surprised with helpful reception staffs, they kindly help us in finding way to site seeing and shopping centers around the hotel.
The room was clean not large but enough size to stay comfortable. My room had good view to river and Radisson hotel
The breakfast was fairly good, I had various option of choosing fresh fruit, low calorie cereals and good smelling coffee.
Finally the hotel was better than I expected and I will suggest it to my family and friend who plan to trip to Moscow.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sepideh E
VictoriaMorozova, Manager at Crowne Plaza Moscow World Trade Centre, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2012

Dear Sepideh E,

We highly appreciate you found our hotel and the room comfortable and the staff helpful. We were also happy to read you found the breakfast delicious and convenient regarding your preferences.
We would be happy to welcome you and your family back during your next visit to Moscow.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

This hotel is just great, it had all the stuff that could make me satisfied.
I'm an internet guy so first I'm going to talk about internet, there is free Wireless almost everywhere in the hotel and the speed is fair enough to do many stuff. But there are also computers in the lobby that are (again) free to use and they have a much better speed so you don't need to worry about anything related to internet.
The other thing I really loved about the hotel was room service, that was just perfect, everyday I came back from city tours to hotel, I saw my room the way it was when I checked in and everything was resupplied. Rooms are clean and their size is good enough, there is also a great view of the river that you can enjoy (actually if you get the river-view room).
Beds where also great, the location was not bad at all. It was a 10 - 15 minute walk to the nearest metro station and next to that there was this great mall that had many good restaurants, too.
The breakfast was good, but could be better.
The last thing I want to talk about is people working there, almost all of them can speak English and they're friendly and they REALLY do help you! once I needed to rent a Limousine for our tour and couldn't find any company myself, the reception lady called a bunch of companies and finally found one for me and she just did everything that she could to help me, It took about 2 hours to find a company that had a Limousine available and she just did it all.

Room Tip: Ask the reception if they can give you a river-view room.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank ParsiKade
VictoriaMorozova, Manager at Crowne Plaza Moscow World Trade Centre, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2012

Dear ParsiKade,

Thank you for taking your time and posting a review concerning your stay at Crowne Plaza Moscow hotel.
It is great you found our free WiFi as well as the Internet café quite useful for yourself. We were also happy to learn you found the hotel, the rooms and our service quality superior and convenient regarding your expectations. We would definitely say a warm ‘thank you’ from you to our reception managers.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

It was my first trip to Moscow and I had heard so many negative things about the cost, the people, etc., so I wasn't expecting many good things from the Crowne Plaza. How surprised I was to be met with friendly and attentive staff in a very comfortable, clean hotel. During check in, the receptionist took time to show me the nearest grocery store on a map she dug out of her desk. At the lobby cafe, the waiter instantly fixed a mistake on the bill, no questions asked. The room itself was modern, well furnished, clean and comfortable. And what a marvelous view of Moscow! In the same building complex as the hotel, you will find a currency exchange booth, ATMs, small grocery market, restaurants and cafes. I will definitely stay here again on my next trip.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a river view.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
VictoriaMorozova, Manager at Crowne Plaza Moscow World Trade Centre, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2012

Dear itstuan,

We were very happy to read that you found our hotel and services of such level that they even changed your expectations of Moscow to a completely positive side.
We would appreciate welcoming you back during your next trip to Moscow.