“Short Business Trip”

Ararat Park Hyatt Moscow
Ranked #3 of 326 Hotels in Moscow
Reviewed December 12, 2013

This was only my second trip to Moscow, my first stay having been at the Ritz Carlton six months ago. The rooms at the Park Hyatt are really nice, almost a Japanese elegance. I had Room 605, a room with twin beds and not much of a view, but really nicely furnished and huge. The fitness center is top notch, and I enjoyed a late bite in the classy Conservatory Bar on the roof, as well as a very good breakfast before I left. Service in he restaurants was very good. My only complaint was similar to what I read in another review about the expensive taxis. My company had booked a car for me, and the bellman who roam the lobby were almost rude and disapproving of the fact that I hadn't booked through them. The hotel charges plenty, and should not be making guests book cars at higher prices and lining the pockets of their bellmen this way. It is unseemly for a top notch business hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank UWSFoodFan
Stephen_Ansell, General Manager at Ararat Park Hyatt Moscow, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a review and we appreicate that you enjoyed our new design. I apologise for your experience with the transportation and thank you for bringing this to our attention. The hotel does offer a limousine service through a partner and prices are in line with other hotels in our category. We are also able to arrange City Taxis where we recommend prebooking to ensure availabilty. I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back soon and we will do our very best to ensure that you enjoy your stay once more.

Kind regards,
Stephen

Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

Which means poor service, not the best stuff and average food at crazy prices for everything, such as can of energy drink for 27$ in the minibar..
Will not come again here for sure, I have WAY better experience in other Moscow 5* hotels. As well with other Hayatt's round the world.
One more problem, that this hotel is based on the street with 24/7 crazy traffic and it took me 40 minutes to drive next 1.5 km..

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank RollsRoyce95
Stephen_Ansell, General Manager at Ararat Park Hyatt Moscow, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am sincerely sorry that we did not meet your expectations and would like to apologise for your experience, rest assured we will do our very best to do better should you return. Moscow prices are indeed high and the speciality drink that you refer to is priced similarly at other hotels in our category. Traffic is certainly an issue throughout Moscow, however recent traffic light improvements in our street have had a positive impact.

Kind regards,
Stephen

Reviewed December 8, 2013

Great modern hotel, high standards, high quality in every sense of the word.
Location is just awesome, and staff from reception to bar and room service very good.
I had a good bargain because of summer period, but price can unfortunately raise up big time depending on period - and I am not sure I'll be able to afford it at a different period - but that's Moscow and you have to live with it.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 26, 2013

From the speedy yet attentive check in, which included my being accompanied to my room and shown very feature to the personal goodbye by the manager at check out, this has been a great 3 days. Highlights; the details in the room, espresso machine AND water boiler, separate bath and shower, great amenities and towels, great internet; the excellent breakfast buffet together wityh the extremely fast coffee service-- at our table, we ordered 4 different kinds of coffee and they all got delivered.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

I stayed here last Wednesday to Friday. Room 614. It is a beautiful looking hotel and the rooms are perfect. However the service is not ideal. Management do to return calls - this happened twice during my stay.

I emailed yesterday about some very important lost property and have still not heard back... Very disappointing from a 5* hotel. I will recommend my company takes its corporate account elsewhere

5  Thank D S
Reviewed November 15, 2013

This contemporary hotel has undergone a fantastic renovation to bring the rooms a very cool and almost art deco vibe. Where before all rooms were simple and "shades of sand" the new look is a little darker with great metallic and deep-colored accents.

If you're looking for a luxury hotel with a perfect location and don't love traditional decor, this is absolutely the top choice.

Some of the hotel's highlights:
- Within a block of the famed Bolshoi Theatre
- Short walk to the Kremlin and Red Square
- Rooms of a generous size with contemporary decor
- Very large fitness center, spa and indoor pool
- Conservatory lounge with amazing views over the city
- Fresh and abundant breakfast buffet with delicious hot dishes to order.

The only negative about the hotel is the lack of rooms with a view. Because of its placement, most rooms have views of the surrounding buildings. There are some rooms and suites towards the top (and front) of the hotel that look out over the rooftops to the Kremlin.

Room Tip: If a view is essential, ask for a Park Room with a Kremlin view. These are on the front of the hote...
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Closely located to Red Square and upmarket shopping streets.
Cosy yet modern chic entrance lobby with atrium style
My guess is that I had a renovated room which was very well designed and comfortable. Loved it. I had a glimpse of the Bolshoi from my room window. The room was well equipped and luxurious. Bathroom was the same and had a good range of toiletries. Wifi was complimentary
Breakfast may have been the brunch offering and was of good quality and good variety of food. Service was very good
My only concern was how the concierge insisted on calling "their taxi" which was either with or without meter but in any event fare was not based on meter. The fare was dictated by the concierge and I later discovered that the fare was outrageously expensive and a rip off. Nothing what the locals pay. Surely a top hotel should not be conspiring with the transport providers to rip off its guests?

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business