“Could not possibly ask for more!”

Ararat Park Hyatt Moscow
Ranked #3 of 327 Hotels in Moscow
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Park Hyatts continue to set the standard. We arrived (two couples) at approximately 5:30 PM - long, awful ride from the airport but with so much luggage, a train was out of the question. Our friends had free nights from the Hyatt Visa. I had reserved three award nights in a suite - the Park Suite King according to my reservation.

We were warmly welcomed and we taken to our room. Much to my shock and delight, I had been upgraded to the Wintergarden Suite - an incredible suite with its own solarium overlooking the Bolshoi Theater. Hard to put into words how special this room is. I lost my Diamond status in February so this was even more of a pleasant surprise.

The only problem we ran into was the internet was not working. After a few calls, we left for dinner (more about that later) and returned a few hours later to discover they had installed a separate wireless router in our room. That took care of the problem and was extremely proactive. Amazingly, when we returned from the ballet that night, there was a fruit plate waiting for us with apologies for our inconvenience!

Dinner the first night was on the 10th floor. It was a beautiful night and we sat outside, overlooking the Bolshoi. We had a lovely meal. The only downside is that the wines are ultra-pricey. We have an all-inclusive cruise from St Petersburg in a few days so we all decided to hold off on the wine until them! I did have a local beer that was fine.

The hotel concierge was very helpful in getting us tickets for the Bolshoi. I do have to say that every single staff member we have interacted with has been warm, professional and helpful - all you could ask for. In addition, the location of this hotel is pretty near perfect for a trip to Moscow.

As I said, I remain impressed by the Park Hyatt brand and the manager should be commended for assuring that this hotel stands at the very pinnacle of the PH brand. I could not imagine a better stay!

Room Tip: Get upgraded to a Wintergarden Suite!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank stevens397
Stephen_Ansell, General Manager at Ararat Park Hyatt Moscow, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2012

Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor and for choosing to stay with us. We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and your kind words are much appreciated by all the Ararat Park Hyatt team. We look forward to welcoming you back to Moscow!

Reviewed June 20, 2012

Was my second visit to this stunning hotel and this really is a 5 star hotel and worth the money. Food atmosphere is really nice

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Blasterchris
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Stayed at the Hyatt for 5 days on my sixth trip to Moscow and have to say that it was definitely a cut above hotels that I had stayed at previously (including the Metropol and Kempinski). At least two clients who I met with during that week commented that the Hyatt is probably the best hotel in Moscow, and I think I would tend to agree.

Like most things in Moscow, it is very expensive. But ironically, it seems somehow less expensive in comparitive terms simply because *everything* is so expensive in Moscow. It is also the first Moscow hotel I have stayed at which offered free wireless throughout the hotel, which was nice. Food was pretty good (the sushi bar was excellent - although wasn't that wild about the breakfast a la carte selection), and staff were generally pretty good and friendly.

One minor semi-warning. I looked at a map and assumed the hotel was close to where Tverskaya meets Red Square, but you forget how big Moscow is. It is nearly a ten minute walk. Still fairly central, but just don't under estimate that walk.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Rhone_Man

Thank you for your feedback on your stay with us. We very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and your kind words are much appreciated by all the Ararat Park Hyatt team. Rest assured we will continue to do our very best to make your next stay with us as comfortable. We look forward to welcoming you back to the exciting city of Moscow.

With best regards,

Reviewed June 11, 2012

This is a great hotel, i think the best I have used in Moscow, and I have stayed in quiet a few. If you get a good corporate rate it compares with anywhere and the whole arraival to departure experience is very smooth and friendly. Great rooftop restaurant in summer, ask for Red Square views but book ahead. Only bug is, as usual in Moscow, hard to get the room cool enough with the air con control.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for sharing the nice comments following your stay with us. We were delighted to read you enjoyed the location of the hotel and the level of service provided by our great team here. On behalf of all of us at the Ararat Park Hyatt Moscow, I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

With best regards,

Reviewed June 5, 2012

As a woman traveller, I was pleased to see most of the Ararat Hotel staff are incredibly helpful. I have travelled to Moscow several times and I promise you, not many high end business hotels in Moscow understand the word 'hospitality'.
I could vouch for the housekeeping team who kept my room spotless during my stay. I think they are the unsung heroes in Ararat, at least to my opinion. Although many of them do not speak sufficient English, I had no problem conversing with them. After all, it is not a language problem - it is an attitude issue which obviously the housekeeping team managed to score high with their willingness to help plus a big smile too.
I wish I could extend the same laudable comments to the front office team. I found some of them are rather distant towards their guests to a point of being aloof. One front office team member was even sneering at me for asking a metro direction as if I was not 'endowed' enough to take a taxi. Well, try to be in Moscow during rush hours, you know why you need the fast and reliable metro.
Breakfast is a hit and miss. I ordered the same breakfast configuration for three consecutive days and there were always variations in size and quality. Quite amusing at times but boy, go easy on the salt Monsieur le Chef!
I probably will go back to Ararat again the next time I go to Moscow. Despite the hotel's lack of detailed attention, it is still the better option in Moscow.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
9  Thank GaiusMarius

Thank you for your review. I was very sorry to hear of the issues experienced during your stay with us but am delighted to hear that you will return. Please do not hesitate to contact me and I will gladly take care of your reservation. We have since reviewed all the points that you brought to our attention and rest assured we will do our utmost to exceed your expectations.

Stephen Ansell

Reviewed May 30, 2012

Our research led us to believe the Ararat Park Hyatt was the best option in Moscow. Certainly the location cannot be faulted and having visited a couple of the other hotels, the decor was pleasingly understated! We had sent word that this was a special anniversary and it was great to be met on arrival, then escorted to our room where there were chocolates, champagene & rose petals...always a good sign when a hotel makes you feel special.
We spent 4 nights here and were generally happy until our departure (more in a minute!). A few quick pointers, the roof top bar is a great spot but blindingly expensive. The other restaurant choices and ground floor bar were incredibly bland...a ploy to get you up to the roof?
We had an irriating experience with the concierge who sent us off to the Raddisson Hotel to catch the river boat (assuring us that you simply turned up and needn't book) only to find it was booked for the whole day. This after having walked miles as the directions given sounded simple but were lacking in necessary detail. BTW - the Radisson staff were USELESS and complete amateurs in their over the top bling hotel (Tip, they have no restaurant open between 11am and midday...not even a coffee shop).
On leaving the Park Hyatt we ended up taking our own bags to the lift as we got fed up waiting for the bell boy. We had pre-booked a car to the airport and made sure we were punctual as the Moscow traffic is notorious. The check out took a good 15 minutes more and we then had to wait for our car which was stuck around the corner somewhere, resulting in us having to walk half a block to find it with the doorman....appalling. We set off a good 20 minutes behind our intended departure wondering how a hotel could greet you so professionally and then be so shambolic on departure. A great shame as I suspect the Ararat Park Hyatt is the best Moscow offers.

Room Tip: Make sure you have a room with a view, many rooms face a blank wall we are told.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank IncaWalnut
Management response:Responded July 10, 2012

Thank you for providing the feedback from your recent stay with us. I was very sorry to hear of the issues experienced during check out and with the information provided . It is certainly not indicative of the usual level of service that we strive to provide. We have since reviewed all the points that you brought to our attention and are reviewing our procedures accordingly. I very much hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you again in the future and rest assured we will do our utmost to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed May 25, 2012

I was a really hot day in a city. We wanted to have some luxury and relaxing time for a lunch. This is just perfect place for that. Stunning view, relaxing atmosphere and good food. Just perfect and not that easy to find similar place from city centre. O2 is not that laid-back.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Stephen_Ansell, General Manager at Ararat Park Hyatt Moscow, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2012

Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor and for visiting our Conservatory Terrace. We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your meal and the relaxing atmosphere. Your kind words are much appreciated by all the Ararat Park Hyatt team and we hope to welcome you back very soon.

Stephen Ansell