“Amazing but surprising!”

Nikulin Moscow Circus on Tsvetnoi Bulvar
Ranked #3 of 289 Concerts & Shows in Moscow
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Known for its excellent shows and great costumes, this small circus, with clowns, acrobats and jugglers, is a popular draw for children.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Stairs / elevator, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed April 15, 2014

We seats in the yellow zone,so paid 1000roubles for our tickets, but if you paid for cheaper ones I believe it would not compromise your view!
The circus was INCREDIBLE though. I don't want to ruin anything in the review, as I believe it is something you have to see first hand but I will say that all of the acts were fantastic.
The most shocking part was the live animals they brought out to perform! Wow! I have never seen anything like this, just amazing. It was nice to see that all the animals looked healthy and well looked after.
The circus is only around a 20minute walk from the red square too and easy to find.
100% worth a visit!

Reviewed April 2, 2014

Our seats were up top, but the view was still great. We took the metro to the Tvetsky Bulvor stop and it was right there when we walked up. We had a cappuccino and pastry in a little shop in the park across from the Circus before the show. It was only a 15 minute walk back to Kamergersky Street where our hotel was and just another 10 minutes and you would be at the Red Square. I am not a big circus fan, but this circus is such a traditional thing in Moscow to do that we had to go. It was really fun for what it was.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

A real Russian experience. The acts were all very good, although it seems odd to see performing animals these days. We bought 600 Rouble tickets and had a great view. It is something you can go to for the evening where lack of Russian is not a handicap.

1  Thank robprior
Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

I read from the guide book and realise that it is one of the circus that is popular in Moscow.At first I don't expect much but my son and my 70 year-old mum want to watch the show so I bought the medium priced ticket.However ,when the show started I was impressed.Every performance was so good ! If you visit Moscow, remember not to miss it!

1  Thank DerrickNg1011
Reviewed December 16, 2013

A great night out. Lovely to see the Russian people in a social environment. The foyer buzzed with excited children and happy families. Lots of smiling faces - something we hadn't seen much of as walking round the city and using the Metro most people don't smile much. They are not unfirendly - just not very smiley.
Highly recommended and it didn't matter that we didnt speak Russian. We ate at Jean Jacques before hand - delicious and very reasonably priced and opposite the circus building. If you visit the sign is in Russian so make sure you know what it looks like!! In the name it has the back to back letter Ks with a vertical line through it.
We booked in England through 'balletandopera.com' and they delivered the tickets to our hotel Could not have been easier. Plus we received a free upgrade on our seats.

1  Thank WanderlustMum1