“Hilton Moscow - Travel with Style”

Hilton Moscow Leningradskaya
Ranked #32 of 320 Hotels in Moscow
Zurich, Switzerland
“Hilton Moscow - Travel with Style”
Reviewed September 21, 2010

This Hilton is located in on of the "Stalin Barock" towers. It takes you back in time and lets you experience soviet times for the top communists. Service was very good, the food was excellent, the executive lounge offered anything one can desire. Overall Moscow is an expensive spot and this Hotel is no exception.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Beginen, General Manager at Hilton Moscow Leningradskaya, responded to this review, September 23, 2010
Dear mynamech!
It has been a great pleasure to find out about your positive experience at Hilton Moscow Leningradskaya - thank you very much for sharing your comments! I sincerely hope that your stay was enjoyable and comfortbale. All of our team members always strive to provide only the best level of service!
Thank you very much once again! We will be glad to be your host in the city again!
Joerg Beginen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 18, 2010

Hilton was in top 10 on Tripadvisor and so I decided to choose it for my stay + invited my colleagues to stay at it. Advantages included beautiful decor of the hotel and lobby, great location and free executive lounge (available when booking higher room rates) with great snacks and drinks. Radio in a room was also a nice touch, cleaning lady was very nice and polite. Transportation desk - very helpful, waiters in a lobby downstairs very friendly. Disadvantages however outweighed the advantages - confusing plumbing (I stayed in many hotels before, never before it took me so long to figure out how to use the shower), $40 for Internet per day (this on top of already not so cheap room rate!!!) and - important to me personally - no CNN (honestly!! in a business hotel! owned by an American company!!). Hotel's lifts are not coping with the number of guests. One morning I had to wait 15min to get into a lift. Check out took 30min because staff were confused and all over the place. There was a scruffy looking Russian man yelling at them. Very unpleasant. I won't stay at Hilton again, unless I will have no choice. Will try Radisson or Ritz or a boutique hotel next time. Would not recommend.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Dear lolkin!

Let me thank you for choosing Hilton Moscow Leningradskaya as your host in the city. I highly appreciate you taking the time to share your review. It’s a pleasure to know that you enjoyed the accommodations, décor and Executive Lounge.
I would like to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced. I was greatly disappointed to find out that we failed to meet your expectations! Yes indeed, recently we’ve been having a large number of tourist groups – due to this fact there might have appeared lines near elevators. However, usually three elevators are enough for all our guests and we do not experience such problems. Apart from that we have a VIP elevator in the Lobby area which, however, goes only up to the 6th floor. Let me bring my sincere apologies for the time it took you to check out – I do admit that it should not have taken so long!
As for the Internet. As far as I understood you stayed on the Executive floor – let me notice that we do have free Wi-Fi in the Executive Lounge and additionally we have 2 computers which are available 24 hours a day. It’s a shame that you didn’t have a chance to use this benefit while staying on the Executive floor. We will make sure that all our guests are properly informed on the features of Executive Lounge.
Regarding your comment about CNN channel – yes, indeed, starting from September, 15th we do not have this channel due to some problems. At the moment we are doing our best to make this channel available again.
I really hope that you will give us another opportunity to welcome you in our hotel and to provide you with the level of service you have come to expect from a 5* hotel.
São Paulo
Reviewed September 15, 2010

Stayed at Hilton Moscow Leningradskaya from Aug 28th to Sep 7th and had a great experience, starting with the impressive lounge. Upon arrival we received a room upgrade which was enormous with a huge bathroom. The breakfast is great, lots of options and very fresh. The concierge was very friendly, giving us helpful tips, dinner reservations, etc.. Location is good, 5 minutes walk from subway. Only one thing that could improve: internet could be free.
Definently staying here again

Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Paticor
Beginen, General Manager at Hilton Moscow Leningradskaya, responded to this review, September 15, 2010
Dear Paticor!
It has been a real pleasure for me to read your gracious review! It is always so inspiring to find out about our guests' experience at the hotel - it gives us all a great impulse to strive for even better level of service! I sure will share your comments with all of our team members.
Thank you very much once again! We will be looking forward to welcoming you again at our hotel!
Wien
Reviewed September 15, 2010

It felt very special to stay in one of Moscow's most famous landmarks.
The rooms were really nice, spacious and elegant. The room was always clean and the turndown service was nice.

The executive lounge was great. We were able to eat breakfast and dinner for free here and the selection was huge. You can use the lounge all day and get free beverages and snacks. The service was very good.

The pool was a very nice touch for a Moscow hotel. The concierge was helpful and knowleageble. Everyone spoke good English.

The hotel location was just a few minutes walk from the train station to St. Petersburg and near to a metro stationwhich made it easy getting round.
All in all I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone in Moscow.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Dear Dellachka!
Let me thank you for taking the time to share your review of Hilton Moscow Leningradskaya! I was very delighted to find out that you enjoed your time here! We always try to do our best to meet our guests' expectations and to provide enjoyable and hassle-free experience for them! I hope that this time we achieved this goal!
Thank you once again!
It will be a pleasure for us to be your host in the city again!
Best regards,
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed September 14, 2010

If you can get a good price online, it´s worth trying. However, I find the restaurant, Internet and minibar outrageously expensive: 11 euros for a 1-litre bottle of water or 25 euros for a (not very fast) wireless internet connection. After paying 250 euros a night, I would expect at least a complimentary bottle of water (as you get in the cheaper Radisson SAS, for instance).

Other than that, it is reasonably well located (5 minutes' walk from Komsomoslkaya metro station), the rooms are large and modern and the front desk staff are polite, helpful and speak very good English. With another extras charging policy, this hotel would certainly deserve an Excellent grade.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Dear rro2005MAD!
Thank you very much for sharing your comments!
I sincerely hope that you enjoed your stay and that the hotel and services provided met your expectations. The hotel staff is committed to ensuring that our guests’ stay is both enjoyable and comfortable.
Let me notice that as a Hilton hotel we participate in loyalty program Hilton HHonors. Once you join it, you may save point for your stays in Hilton hotels worldwide or you may save miles - it's your choice. There are four tier levels - Blue, Silver, Gold and Diamond - as you reach each level, you receive more privileges, including free water and Internet.
Thank you very much once again! We will be glad to welcome you back!
Best regards,
Kentucky
Reviewed September 10, 2010

This hotel was awesome. My wife and I stayed here for one week as part of our vacation in Russia. The hotel is one of the seven sisters built by Stalin. It is beautiful inside and I can't say enough about it.

The rooms were really nice and spacious. We stayed for free using Hilton Honors points and were placed on the executive floor. The room had a great bed, nice desk, lots of closet space and a very large bathroom. It was quite and relaxed. The room was always clean and the turndown service was nice.

The executive lounge was great. We were able to eat breakfast and dinner for free here and the selection was huge. You can use the lounge all day and get free beverages and snacks. The service was good and the atmosphere was great.

The pool was a very nice touch for a Moscow hotel and we didn't really use any other facilities or establishments in the hotel. The concierge was pretty helpful and the front desk staff spoke excellent English.

The hotel location was just about a 10 minute walk from the main train station (this was really nice to be able to just walk over to when we arrived) and about 5-10 minutes from the subway.

All in all I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone in Moscow. We had a relaxed vacation so we ended up in the hotel a lot and we really enjoyed it.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Erich H
Dear esh9953!
Thank you very much for submitting your review of our hotel! It was a true pleasure to find out about youe experience! I sincerely hope that your stay was enjoyable and comfortable and all of your expectations were met! All of our team members always strive to provide the best service!
Thank you so much once again!
We will be honored to be your host in the city again!
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed September 5, 2010

The hotel is nice and comfortable for business travelers. The staff speaks fluently English and is friendly and helpful. If you arrive late night the bar on groundfloor is open (I guess until 2 a.m.) and prepared to serve you drinks and food of very high quality. The rooms are spacious with all the amenities you need. If you stay on lower floor you might be disturbed by noise from railway stations therefore always ask for higher floor. The breakfast is excellent - you can choose from different coffees, always get fresh orange juice and croissant is usually fresh.

Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Beginen, General Manager at Hilton Moscow Leningradskaya, responded to this review, September 8, 2010
Dear TinMa!
Thank you very much for choosing Hilton Moscow Leningradskaya! It is a true pleasure to learn that you enjoyed your stay! We always strive to provide our guests with enjoyable and pleasant experience. As you truly noticed - our Lobby bar is open from 7 am to 2 am and serves the variety of drinks and snacks.
Thank you very much once again! We will be glad to welcome you back!