“Classy hotel and good service”

Hilton Moscow Leningradskaya
Ranked #28 of 326 Hotels in Moscow
Reviewed August 25, 2014

I stayed at the Hilton several times for business. Service at the hotel is very good. I always ordered a hotel car from the airport via email and service was always prompt and reliable. The hotel style is very classy and the lobby is very grand. A nice place to sit for a drink after work. Though it gets very smokey. Service in the lobby can be slow though. Faster to go up to the bar to order.

The rooms are very nice and big with a well stocked mini bar. I was often upgraded to a deluxe room which was nice. Room service was always quick and food good. The business lounge is nice as well. They have snacks there for pre-dinner munchies. Breakfast is very good with a large selection of different foods.

My main complaint is the wifi. It is very expensive to order in your room and often the connection was terrible. I was lucky if I was able to get a connection to skype home or watch netflix. Only very basic email and web browsing seemed to be accessible.

As well the hotel car cost is fine for airport pickups but for local trips it's very expensive. Download the Gett Taxi app instead to get around town. Don't use the gypsy cars that are in front of the hotel. They can be aggressive. Subway is closeby too but I only used it once.

For food there is a Yakitoria in walking distance to the hotel which has good Japanese food at reasonable prices.

Overall my stays here were very nice and would stay again for business.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Hilton M, Manager at Hilton Moscow Leningradskaya, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2014

Dear Guest, thank you for your positive review of our hotel and for sharing your valuable insights. We will be glad to welcome you back soon again.

Reviewed August 22, 2014

Well very near to the station and it belongs to the history of mowscow as being one of the 7 sisters building in mowscow..

The location is pretty good and central ..

The rooms are Old styled so some issues with AC and service is there .

The breakfast is i felt not that great looking at a 5 star hotel ...

The staff at the reception is pretty cold and unwilling to help ..maybe because we were a large group and they arent used to handling groups ..

The first day some rooms acs were not working and they convienently said that they will change rooms next day but that didnt help as how coupld people sleep that night without acs.. When we made some noise then they changed the rooms .

Thats not rite..

Wifi is free

The junior suites are also not that great as its just a large room but no seaprate living area..

try other 5 star hotels in city ..maybe modern crown plaza or radisson ..

Room Tip: check your room before you checkin .. there are some rooms which have only single small bed and they...
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
Hilton M, Manager at Hilton Moscow Leningradskaya, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2014

Dear Guest, thank you for sharing a detailed description of your recent experience. We are upset to learn that your trip to Moscow was less pleasant than you expected.

Reviewed August 21, 2014

Hotel is located very close to one of the major metro stations and is 4 stops on the metro from Red Square. The staff were excellent and most helpful and when I enquired about getting tickets for the big football game that was on they managed to get me a ticket. Hotel itself was very nice, excellent breakfast and rooms are spacious and bathrooms are very tidy.Not really much I could fault the hotel on.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank FinnianOD
Hilton M, Owner at Hilton Moscow Leningradskaya, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2014

Dear Guest, thank you for your positive post.

Reviewed August 19, 2014

We (me and my wife) had the pleasure of spending two nights in beautiful Hilton Leningradskaya in Moscow. Almost everything was perfet but our neighbours. It was our second night and because we planned to wake up quite early the next morning, we went to bed at 11 p.m. Just as we turned out light we heard the occupant of the neighboring room enter their door. Immediately followed by the sound of music from TV in their room. And it lasted until 4 a.m. when I call to reception and this was swiftly dealt with.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Hilton M, Manager at Hilton Moscow Leningradskaya, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2014

Dear Guest, thank you for spending a couple of minutes to share your comments with us. We highly appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

I travel a lot, about 120 days a year in a hotel, usually one of the I call them 'big three' Hilton , Marriott, or IHC. Often the high speed internet is lacking , particularly in Europe where there is little modern infra structure in many countries.

So it was business as usual when I checked into the Hilton in Moscow, and had poor
internet bandwidth. I mentioned this to Guest Relations Agent Ksenia M. while requesting a bucket of ice for my room.

I really was not going to pursue the matter, but she called my room back to see if I was still having problems. I was, and would have dropped the matter, but Ksenia insisted on trying to resolve the issue.

To cut the story, she was successful, my internet is GREAT, and then to top it off, she had a nice fruit basket with an apology for my troubles!

Hilton Moscow certainly has earned their money this trip.

Oh yes, great breakfast, comfortable rooms. (I was upgraded to a suite when I arrived) good cold a/c, very nice lounge with good appetizers evening.

• Stayed: August 2014

Dear Guest, thank you for your praising review of our hotel. We will be happy to welcome you back to Moscow soon!

Reviewed August 18, 2014

We spent 2 nights at this hotel. It is located close to 3 railway stations and within a 5-minute walk from the entrances to two lines of the metro – brown and red. The distance to the metro was an important factor for us in choosing the hotel as Moscow is notorious for its traffic jams. The only way one can ensure being on time is to take the metro.

The hotel is located in a tower built during the Stalin times in 1950s. We were impressed with the luxurious décor when we entered the hotel. The room was cosy and impeccably clean. There was a min-bar, iron, safe, bath robes and coffee machine in the room, which was a great convenience in the morning. The spa and the pool were an added benefit during a hot Moscow summer. We were equally happy with the courteous and prompt service provided by the staff. We will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
Hilton M, Manager at Hilton Moscow Leningradskaya, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2014

Dear Guest, thank you for your 5 star review of our historic hotel. We are pleased to hear that we met all your expectations and you will be happy to stay with us again.

Reviewed August 17, 2014

The hotel was to a good Hilton standard in a classic landmark Moscow building. A key selling point is that the hotel is about 5mins walk from the Metro station Komsomolskaya and 4 stops from central Moscow. The staff were all very helpful and rooms were a decent size.

There were only a few small negatives: there are only 4 slow lifts which often leads to queues in the lift lobby, there are almost no restaurants in the immediate area, and there was some noise from trains overnight in the front facing rooms.

But overall a good hotel.

One thing to be aware of - it is in a big landmark tower building easily visible when you exert the Metro/Railway stations, but there is no Hilton sign on it so it is not as obvious as it should be.

Room Tip: If you are sensitive to nighttime noise as of a room at the back.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled solo

Dear Guest, we appreciate your positive review about our porperty and will look forward to seeing you again.