“Nice place to stay”

Hilton Moscow Leningradskaya
Ranked #29 of 326 Hotels in Moscow
Reviewed February 1, 2014

This is a pricey hotel, but worth it. It's an interesting building, it might have been good to have a bit more of a tour and find out the history.

The location is near to the Metro and several other train stations, which was very handy. The rooms were elegant, and didn't smell like smoke (which was a nice break.) The people were friendly and spoke some English.

The concierge was able to suggest a lovely restaurant (I think it was called April) for dinner, which was the best meal we had in Russia.

The strangest part was the metal detector in the lobby, I mean it went off when any one walked though, so what's the point?

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Konstantin G, General Manager at Hilton Moscow Leningradskaya, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Dear Guest! Thank you very much for staying at our hotel and for writing about your experience. We are pleased to learn that you found our building interesting and that you liked our elegant rooms and enjoyed friendly service. Moreover, your praising words about our concierge team are highly appreciated as it is our aim to provide you with the best recommendations. Concerning your comment about the metal detector in the lobby, please allow us to say, it was installed due to security reasons for the Olympic Games period only. We hope to welcome you back again soon and send you our best regards from Moscow.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Moscow Leningradskaya

Reviewed January 30, 2014

i felt like living in a mausoleum with such a depressing atmosphere. Restaurant is too expensive for the quality provided and the wifi is only functional in the lobby. Moscow has many better hotels to offer.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Carsten P
Konstantin G, General Manager at Hilton Moscow Leningradskaya, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2014

Dear Guest, thank you for posting your comments about your recent stay with us. Your valuable insights are very important to us as they give us a good opportunity to know what your personal impression about the property is. We were disappointed to learn that you did not like the hotel style and therefore felt uncomfortable. However, if you decide to come back to our hotel in future, we will be happy to host you again.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

My preferred hotel in Moscow. Excellent value for money. Location is not exactly near the highlights of Moscow but the subway is right in front of the hotel and its only 3 stations to the main attractions. The hotel disposes of all facilities one can imagine (including pool). Only drinks and food a slightly overprized ...

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Guest, we are very proud to be your preferred hotel in Moscow and highly appreciate your loyalty. It a real pleasure to see that we meet all your expectations in terms of hotel facilities, including our convenient location close to the metro station. We thank you for sharing a 5 star review of our property with tripadvisor fellow travelers and look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

We stayed for a two over night stops during our trip to Russia staying in their historical suite which is superb and highly recommended. The suite has a large bedroom with on-suite main bathroom a separate large lounge which is fully equipped with an excellent mini bar separate guest toilet in the hall area. The suite also has a separate large study very well presented the room service was excellent and the food was of a very high standard and value for money the best I have seen in Central Moscow and Europe. This hotel is really 5 star. Thank you for a lovely stay highly recommended for high net worth's and high end travelers.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank thealcoves
Reviewed January 21, 2014

I chose to stay at the Hilton Leningradskaya because I got a good price on a 'weekend deal'. Presumably, the charges are higher in the week to cater for business guests. The only problem was I was in Moscow for longer than the prescribed weekend. I tried to negotiate a better rate for a couple of extra days stay but the sales staff wouldn't budge from the top rate. That is fine and somewhat understandable, however you'd expect a top hotel chain to try to accommodate their guests for as long as possible and make the extortionate week rate slightly more palatable. I ended up having to find alternative accommodation for the rest of my stay because I couldn't justify the price to stay in a Hilton.
The building is very impressive, the lobby bar is something to behold and it is very nicely fitted throughout, including the rooms. The room will not dissapoint you- the size was wonderful, almost suite size for a regular twin room in my experience. Room service was OK, food OK.
The location is somewhat out of the immediate city centre and is definitely a Metro ride away. This isn't a problem, the building itself justifies the decision to keep the Hilton brand out of the centre- but the hotel is not for tourists who are looking to be walking out of the front door and into the thick of things.
The price of the lobby bar was extortionate- 'Moscow prices' the only excuse I could come up with. Wifi available in the lobby was a bonus, no free wifi in rooms.
I was happy enough with my stay here but there are certainly things that would have to be improved before I parted with the money to stay again. I'd rather foot the bill and stay in the Ritz-Carlton.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank ukfowler
Reviewed January 20, 2014

This hotel was wonderful! I stayed for a week in January, and it was great. The staff was friendly and helpful, and the room was beautiful. It was fun to stay in a building with such history!

The internet is expensive, but it is free in the (gorgeous) lobby. The staff was very helpful in getting all required visa information for me and registering me upon arrival.

It is very close to the metro and train stations, so it is convenient to get anywhere from here. I would definitely stay here if I were to return to Moscow.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank geminimini
Reviewed January 18, 2014

So for a Hilton Hotel I was expecting much much more than what was experienced here at Moscow!
Beautiful building - that is the main feature.
In summary:
Poor service was received right from the beginning of check in - staff were rude and abrupt.
When sitting in the lobby bar in the evening we would have to approach the wait staff for drinks and food which were ridiculously overpriced!!! It took over 45mins to see if we were going to get table service but finally after this time I approached them to order and even then the order took over an hour for something quite simple to come out.
We didn't really mind the wait as there was no wifi in the rooms and the lobby was the only place we could use it (which I find absurd with the amount of money paid for staying in a place such as the Hilton in Moscow I would expect that there would be wifi in the rooms)
Even when we were leaving the hotel I had to demand to get my passport back from the front desk - who were simply uninterested in walking 3 paces to where they had put the passport the night before.
Only stayed one night and I'm glad as I did not enjoy the inattentive service which left me with bad memories.
I would not recommend this hotel

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple