“A night in one of Stalin's "wedding cakes"”

Hilton Moscow Leningradskaya
Ranked #28 of 309 Hotels in Moscow
Santa Monica, California
“A night in one of Stalin's "wedding cakes"”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

How can you pass up the chance to stay in one of these iconic buildings? I will say I was a bit surprised the interior was not a bit more opulent. I guess I expected to be "wow"ed by the lobby (I wasn't). Breakfast was very good but the price certainly matched quality. Rooms are what you might expect from a upper tier Hilton, but somewhat less than you might expect from a "flagship" location. Bottom line: very good when it seems like it could've been great.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Konstantin G, General Manager at Hilton Moscow Leningradskaya, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thank you for spending a couple of minutes to share your positive feedback with us. We truly appreciate your comments and will look forward to seeing you again in Moscow.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Gothenburg, Sweden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

A good hotel for business visitors but less for tourism. You can walk to red square and city center in about an hour. Safe area to walk in and close to subway. Big tourist groups using hotel during weekend in summer time

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your positive feedback with us. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and will look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Pune, India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

The hotel is nicely built, very clean, nice decor etc. They also gave a free upgrade. I was surprised that there was nobody in the night to help me with my luggage when I checked. Looks like they are running low on staff. The breakfast was average, not bad but not that elaborate e.g. if you cmpare it to the Hilton in Sofia, Bulgaria. I stay at Hilton's quite often and generally does not have problem with the customer service.
I found that this hotel had the worst customer service. Just think about why I'm giving the hotel the worst rating even though I was given a free upgrade. I work in IT here we have meetings at odd times. I needed to work on my laptop which was almost discharged. While starting from India, I checked about the Adapter and they said that they provide one, don't worry. In their manual also it's written that you can get one from the reception. When I as. ked for one, they are saying that you buy one. You pay whatever is the cost plus 500 rub for delivery. What a great service. I talked to their manager and she said it's optional and we are running out so can't help. My argument was that it's not written in your manual that it's optional. On the top of it they never told me that it's optional when I called the hotel from India before the start of my journey. I'd have come prepared. Due to their terrible service I'm going to miss my meeting. Should we categorize this hotel as five star?
I also found that English speaking staff is limited. Even the concierge on duty didn't know English and he took help from receptionist for translation. May be it's common in Russia.
Another problem I had was that reception would not pick the phone...not sure whether they were ignoring me or it's their common practice.
I'd not stay here again.

1 Thank Rajeev S
Konstantin G, General Manager at Hilton Moscow Leningradskaya, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are very upset to hear that you found your Moscow stay unpleasant.
Warsaw, Poland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

Old Lenigradskaya hotel is the place where I stay in business. I never managed to get room higher than 6th floor, so cannot comment on views. But the view towards the hotel is impressive - especially from the Leningradsky Railway Station.

The hotel has been luxuriously restored, with even some rooms bringing reminiscence of socialist (but kind of uppermost echelons) past. Not to mention the spectacular hallway. But they don't lack anything in modern luxury and staff do not remove washing utensils from the showers, which is sometimes most annoying habit.

I like the breakfast, thought the one in lounge lacks vegetables (the white fish is delicious), normally use stairs from the 6th floor as it is not worth waiting for lift down.

Staff somehow makes it feel nice, without being overbearing. And we have a decent corporate rate ;)

I also like convenience of the location - metro is so near, though on the morning one should avoid Komsomolskaya station (especially on ring line) - crowd is horrible. But it is easy just to use Krasnye Vorota on red line - even easier access.

Next time I have to try much acclaimed swimming pool in the former nuclear refuge.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your business trips to Moscow. We are pleased to read that you enjoyed our breakfast, friendly service and attractive corporate rate. We highly appreciate your positive comments and look forward to welcoming you again either for business, or pleasure.
Barry, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

I needed to travel to Moscow on business and chose the Hilton as it was on the Red metro line, and had been there before. Check-in is always a confused exercise here, and this trip was no exception. I booked a car from the hotel, as my arrival at the airport was 5.30 am. It seems as though the Hilton reservations and Hilton transportation departments don't talk to each other as I had a hassle sorting out the fare in the end. The Hotel was fair and settled the price reasonably. The room was nice, but only on the third floor. Ask for a high floor if you want a great view. Appointments in the room, breakfast etc, all are good, and there is free wifi in the lobby bar, not in the room! Business centre is a paid experience. Only complaints were that the lobby bar area has smoking on one side and non smoking on the other. This does not work!! I am a non smoker and did not appreciate the cigar smoke wafting across the area! There is an upstairs area which could be used for the smokers or the non smokers, but this sharing arrangement does not work. The other thing was the drain in the shower couldn't cope with the volume of water so it was inundating the entire floor after every shower. Also not enough towels! Had to use the bathrobe to do most of the drying off. I expected better.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor. Be clear about the reservation.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for spending several minutes to share your feedback with us. We are happy to see that you liked our buffet breakfast, enjoyed staying in rooms on high floors and took advantage of our free Wi-Fi in the lobby bar. We are upset to hear that you found our reservation, transportation and housekeeping departments less efficient than you expected and will use your review as an example in the upcoming staff training programs. We highly appreciate your comments regarding the cigar smoke in the lobby bar and would like to inform you that in future we plan to make all our public areas 100% non-smoking. We appreciate your valuable comments and look forward to seeing you again soon.
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

The Hilton is an excellent Hotel in Moscow. The rooms are quite new and well equipped with good beds and nice bathroom. Entertainment system and 2 flat screens in deluxe room. The service is very good, as well as the restaurant. Also ideally located next to trains and subways.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for very positive comments about the hotel. We are happy to hear that your enjoyed our nice room, good service and convenient location next to trains and subways. We truly appreciate your feedback and will look forward seeing you again.
Den Haag
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Very comfortable high end Hilton
But you pay for that; breakfast if not included is pricey, but cappuccino in the lobby is only like an airport Starbucks...in Amsterdam (10€ / 40r.)
So take advantage of the 12.5m pool and the sauna downstairs; very relaxing and included.

• Stayed July 2013
It is a pleasure to hear that you found our hotel very comfortable and high end. We are happy that you enjoyed your breakfast at the restaurant and took advantage of our relaxing swimming pool and sauna, which are offered free for all guests staying at the hotel. We truly appreciate your feedback and will look forward to welcoming you again soon.