“Clean, classy and warm”

Hilton Moscow Leningradskaya
Ranked #29 of 331 Hotels in Moscow
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Very much enjoyed my stay at this Hilton. Was there for 1 week for business and had a very comfortable room. The executive lounge breakfast and snacks where also fantastic. Also enjoyed the pool+hot tub, and especially enjoyed the lounge where you can drink, eat and smoke (unusual in Canada!) until the wee hours of the morning. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank baubaumachine
Konstantin G, General Manager at Hilton Moscow Leningradskaya, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Thank you for your 5-star review of our hotel. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our comfortable room, fantastic breakfast and Executive Lounge with drinks and snacks. We look forward to welcoming you again soon for either business or pleasure.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,389)

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Stayed for two nights and as HH Diamond member was upgraded to deluxe room on 17th floor. Spaceous room and very quiet. Good strong wi-fi signal, although quite expensive for those who have to pay for it. Excellent, well stocked business lounge. Staff are very kind and caring. Hotel is well situated for city centre. Closeby are several main metro stations. Be careful of using the hotels own airport transfer service, which is quite expensive (3000 roubles from Domo airport)

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Mark B

Thank you for your positive review of our hotel. We are pleased to read that you found our rooms quiet and spacious, team members caring and kind and business lounge well stocked. We truly appreciate your comments about our hotel and will be happy to welcome you again soon as a Diamond member of Hilton HHonors Guest Loyalty Program.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Finally, a hotel located at the center of Moscow and is a clear 5 star quality...Outside you can see an old building from the old ''Sovietsky'' years but inside the heavy doors there is a new modern hotel.
The rooms are double sized than normal single rooms in other hotels. Clean bathrooms, a spacious bedroom, 2 different HD TV screens, a stereo equipment. The breakfast buffet is big and you can found almost everything for a complete breakfast. The stuff is very friendly... OK, always in Russia there is a matter of miss-understand when the communication based on English. I had to pay cash for internet connection (ridiculous expensive, something close to 25 euro for 1 day using, but nothing is cheap in Moscow), then they changed minds and asked for my credit card as a ''deposit'' and when I checked out I found that they had double charged the same internet connection! They accepted the mistake and the case was closed...
Is not a budget hotel but worth the money that someone will spend...

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank dkar1963

Thank you for your positive comments about our hotel. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our clean and spacious rooms, high quality buffet breakfast and frinedly team members. We highly appreciate your feedback regarding some misunderstanding during check-out and will use your review to improve our training programs. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

As a Diamond HHonors member, I've stayed at Beverly Wilshire Hilton, South Beach Hilton, Vegas Hilton, Washington DC Hilton, and can say that this Moscow Hilton property is better than ALL those ! Value for money is unmatched compared to any of the other more well-known destination Hilton properties. Staff are all very nice and helpful, and Zara helped me get KHL hockey playoff tickets (Row 3 behind team benches) and printed out train directions and transfers. Hotel is one of the original architecture buildings in Moscow. Food is delicious too !!

Room Tip: Look for the small "blue H" logo at the very top of the building when you come out of the...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chris B
Konstantin G, General Manager at Hilton Moscow Leningradskaya, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Thank you for spending several minutes to share your feedback with us. We are pleased to hear that you liked our hotel and are really happy that our professional concierge team managed to get hockey playoff tickets for you. We hope that you enjoyed the play and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

I had never in my life expected that one day I would get a chance to visit Moscow and that too in the peak of RUssian winter !....but the chance did come this January when I travelled to Moscow for a week...our Emirates flight was delayed owing to some technical malfunction...and we ended up reaching the hotel at 2 AM in the morning.
Well..the first thing that strikes you is that the outside of the hotel is almost non-descript but for a few flags. I thought this was the case at night...but it was the same the next day morning as well.

Then you come to the Entrance door.....a massive solid Oak door...which probably weighs several tons since you need all your strength to open it......but then there is the surprise....there is a doorman standing right there and despite the fact that I had a big heavy suitcase and a hand luggage.....the bugger never even bothered to open the door for me.....BIG disappointment number 1

Then you walk in towards the reception....nobody is bothered to even greet you ........absolutely poker faced receptionists...I must say...Disappointment number 2...

The check-in was fairly mechanical....and then I look around if there is any bell-boy who can help me with the luggage...and there you go surprise number 3 ...No such person.....there were a couple of staff standing close by.....but had a face as cold as the -15 degree celcius weather outside...

I walked into the room.....and it had 2 Queen beds...although I had specifically requested for just one Kind bed room....but I was too tired and did not bother to change.....I simply hit the bed..
I walk into the bathroom the next day....and well...poor set of toileteries again.....Peter ROth Soap/Shampoo/Body lotion....and thats it....I have a wash and then go down for breakfast...not a great spread but ok nevertheless....and here for the first time....I noticed some smiling faces in the form of the form of the waitresses.....who were happy to walk you up to a table and take your order for coffee/tea/juice....the breakfast as always was a buffet.....

On the second night I took a look around and noticed that the lobby, the rooms, the staircase is actually quite grand....completely marble-laden...the whole place gives you a feel of a palace...unlike the modern day glass and steel hotels....but thats about the only good part of the hotel.

After my 6 day stay....I was checking out and lo behold here is this bell boy IGOR...asking me where I am from...and willing to take my luggage from the lobby to the car...a "grand distance" of 10 meters......obviously in expectation of a tip !!.....I wonder where him and his friends were all these days.....

The check-out was as cold as the reception....I was even wrongly billed for a snack which I did not consume.....I complained ....the receptionist went in search for the corresponding receipt...which obvisouly was non-existent and as if doing me a favour...said she would graciously cancel the charge !....

And here is the worst part.....You DO NOT GET BREAKFAST ON THE DAY OF CHECK-OUT !!...I have stayed in several international hotels worldwide across all classes...and I have never faced this.......although the check-out is until 12 noon...they do not provide breakfast...pathetic !!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Tazhaikudi

We are very upset to hear that you found your stay unpleasant. However, we thank you for time to review your stay and truly appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

I am currently staying at the Hilton in Moscow. If you have ever stayed at the Chicago Hilton (in my opinion, the epitome of what a Hilton Hotel should be), the Hilton Moscow Leningradskaya rivals that hotel. The staff is awesome and courteuous. The rooms are spacious, modern, and spotless. The people working at this hotel are top notch. I highly recommend this hotel.

Brad Barnes

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Konstantin G, General Manager at Hilton Moscow Leningradskaya, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Thank you for your 5-star review of our hotel. We are very happy to get such a high recommendation regarding courteuous service and spacious guest rooms. We will be pleased to see you again soon.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Spent 2 nights at Hilton Moscow Leningradskaya.
I am usually very generous when it comes to ratings... However this particular Hilton simply didn't really meet my minimum expectation as a Hilton.
After a whole day's meeting I was finally at the lobby waiting to check in past 9pm. There was only two staff at the front-desk - one of them seemed to be a trainee and was only assisting. The line got long and wait was long too (having to scan everyone's passport didn't help either). I was given a room on the second floor. I asked if there was no room on higher levels and was told "we are full today, but do you want me to check for you?" There were 5-6 people in the line behind me so I said that's fine and took the room.
I took the elevator to 2nd floor only to find that it was not for guests but a staff-only floor (seems to be where they keep housekeeping stuff). Fortunately a staff showed me how to get to my room, which is only accessible by stair from the lobby.
The real shocker was when I finally reached my room (205), I found that it is next to a banquet hall (or somewhere people dance and/or karaoke?). The music was so loud I could hear every syllable in the song even with the door shut. I returned (again by foot dragging my luggage) to the front-desk to complain about the music. I was told "the music will finish in 30 minutes" (was around 10:30pm at the time). To my surprise without any arm twisting she quickly gave me another floor at 7th floor (what happened to "we are full tonight"?). The 7th floor room turned out to be OK -- but having to go through the ordeal wasn't exactly the kind of experience I expected.
Did I mention I am HH Gold?

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank DT94024

We are very upset to hear that you found your stay unpleasant. We hihgly appreciate your feedback and will be using your review as an example in upcoming staff training programs.