“Wonderful experience”

Ranked #30 of 315 Hotels in Moscow
Southside Virginia
“Wonderful experience”
Reviewed November 6, 2011

We spent three nights at this hotel as part of a Trafalgar tour in late Sept. The hotel has beautiful public spaces and the rooms were excellent. Our room was clean, well equipped, and had a great view of the city. The beds were very comfortable and the buffet breakfast was excellent. In summary, I agree with the other good reviews posted here and would recommend this hotel highly.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Beginen, General Manager at Hilton Moscow Leningradskaya, responded to this review, November 13, 2011
Dear roustabout,

We are very glad to hear of your positive experience you had in Hilton Moscow Leningradskaya! I will share your comments with the entire team as it is always a pleasure to know that our guests enjoyed their stay.

We will be honored to welcome you back!

Joerg Beginen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed November 6, 2011

Stayed for three nights on corporate rate, the room had only one window but was nice and clean. Not bathtub. Gym and pool was good. Location is a little off, but close to metro and trains.

Food is too expensive fro what you get, so I didn't waste my money more than once in the restaurant. The breakfast was excellent and included in the rate, with friendly service.

Staff was very polite.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Dear Henkan,

We are glad to hear you had a positive experience during your stay at Hilton Moscow Leningradskaya; we appreciate you have shared it with us!

We hope to see you as our guest again soon!

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed November 4, 2011

Beautiful Stalin-esque building (one of his Seven Sisters) in a convenient location near train stations and two metro lines (red and brown). Not much in the immediate neighborhood, so be prepared to use the transit systems to see sights. Rooms are simple and small, but do not feel cramped. We stayed here for a weekend and were quite satisfied with the amenities and westernized comforts (which one should expect from a Hilton). However, the service was terrible. From the unsmiling reception clerks to several annoying "room checks" (i.e. requesting to enter our room when we were there and checking our mini-fridge use), it was rather unpleasant. Also, as we were checking out, they said we had a 2,500 Ruble breakfast that morning when, in fact, we hadn't. The reception desk did not believe me when I said we had not charged a breakfast and even called the restaurant to make sure! And then she still looked at me suspiciously! I was outraged. I expect more from this hotel chain.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less traffic noise - hotel is located on a busy intersection.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Julie P
Dear Julie P,

Let me thank you for staying with us while in Moscow and for your review.

However, I would like to use this opportunity to bring my sincere apologies for the inconveniences you experienced. Thank you for sharing detailed information on the matters you encountered, let me assure you that they will be discussed with our managers.

It will be a great pleasure for us to welcome you back!

Riley, Kansas
Reviewed October 31, 2011

This hotel was in a very old, historic, expansvie, beautiful building; I wish I could have stayed longer. We got in at 3:30 a.m. and were being picked up at 7:30 a.m. so we were only there for four hours, the hotel still charged us $260 so we paid $65/h for the privilege of staying there. Since I was exhausted and knew I would have a hard time waking up, I ordered a room service breakfast to be delivered to make sure I was awake. I ordered two slices of bacon, two eggs, and toast, hung the tag on the door and called the front desk to make sure someone picked it up. I didn't check the price, because I was wanting to go to sleep and, really, how much could it be? Well, I'll never do that again because upon check-out (four hours later) I found out that my breakfast was $77 USD. The room was okay, bathroom was nice, internet connection was horrible and virtually impossible to use with their password system, good thing it was free, but that's about the only thing that is free there.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Milano
Reviewed October 25, 2011

Every time I go to Moscow I'm happy because I know I can come back to this hotel: from the welcoming to the service to the rooms, everything is top level. The restaurante maybe lacks a little bit of an extraordinary cuisine but still all meals are enjoyable.
It might not be the best location in town, but with a 20 minutes walk you can easily reach the Red Square, otherwise it is very close to two lines of metro.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Dear Matteo R,

Thank you very much for submitting your positive feedback!

It is a pleasure to learn that you find the hotel a nice place to stay in. We do our best to make each guest's stay special by ensuring the highest level of attention and service.

We are looking forward to welcome you back at Hilton Moscow Leningradskaya again soon!

Long Island City, New York
Reviewed October 25, 2011

Spouse, adult son, and I spent three nights here, on points, this past September. Spouse chose location because of its proximity to train station servicing the Sapsan high speed train to St. Petersburg, our next stop. A good service offered by hotel is pickup at airport. Worth every ruble. Hotel is not nearly so ugly as I was led to believe. Just oddly proportioned. Imagine an Empire State Building, with the set-backs, etc, but less that 20 stories: a squat lump. Inside, a 1930's Soviet idea of grandeur. Big, brash, but lacking true beauty and refinement. As spouse is Hilton Diamond we had access to Executive Lounge, which was wonderful: good breakfast, with many choices, and nice evening food, including very good soup. Hotel staff were friendly and helpful. Son taught himself a bit of Russian, so that helped. Room was on sixth floor (exec. floor), hence, convenient for relaxing as room itself was nothing special. Bathroom was large and pleasant. Amenities were the old Crabtree & Evelyn supply. Despite housekeeping setting up a third bed in the room, they never brought a third towel until we called. The two supplied were a bit skimpy. Amusingly, the first time called for a third "bath towel," bellman delivered a bath mat. Also, only one bar of soap, and the small size at that! Again, we had to call to request supplies sufficient to our modest needs. Hotel is convenient by Metro to Red Square. I would suggest becoming familiar with Cyrillic writing in order to better understand Metro signage and station stops.

Room Tip: Have status in Hilton plan.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Dear mbeth1403,

Thank you for choosing Hilton Moscow Leningradskaya on your trip to Moscow!

It is a pleasure to learn that you had a positive experience in our hotel. However, let me bring apologies for that misunderstanding with a bath towel and thank you for bringing our attention to this incident.

We will be glad to see you as a guest in our hotel again and provide you with the level of service Hilton Hotels are known for.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed October 23, 2011

This is a beautiful hotel with a short subway ride to Red Square and beyond. Staff was wonderful. Our room was a delightful retreat from the busy city. Lobby lounge was welcoming at all hours.

• Stayed August 2011
Dear TTidball,

Thank you very much for such a nice review!

We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we sincerely hope to welcome you back soon!