I along with some friends recently stayed in the Best Western Vega for the Spartak Moscow vs Celtic Champions League game (Oct 2012) and I was very impressed. Good 3/4 star standard by Western European standards. Huge hotel - we were on the 27th floor. 5 mins walk from the metro station and 5 stops/15 mins to Red Square.
The area outside the metro station is a bit seedy including a strip club and there are a few fast food joints. Security was good and staff friendly including Shamlik in the bar. We only ate breakfast there but it was buffet style and as much as you wanted to eat.
Outdoor flea market in the Disney looking place across from the hotel where you can barter to pick up pressies for the folks back home. Room was clean and looked recently refurbished.
Only cost £30 per person per night for 3 nights for a twin room!! Unbelievable value. Breakfast was extra but less than £10. Bar was expensive - over £6 pint but stay clear of the Absinthe - I had 3/4 one night and the next day was a write-off - mind you that was after a skinful of beer and voddies in a club in town. Moscow was great - Red Square, St Basil's, Kremlin but we were disappointed that Lenin's tomb was closed till the end of the year. High security at night to get into Red Square.
Not many pubs in central Moscow but we found an English bar near Red Sqaure - London Pride and a welcoming Irish Bar near the International Hotel - Silvers. Russian people looked a miserable lot but they were actually quite friendly when you tried to talk to them - which was quite difficult as not many speak English. A great trip - and Celtic won 3-2! Hail Hail!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- VEGA Izmailovo Hotel & Convention Center is 4 star hotel in Moscow. Hotel is just 3 minutes' walk from Partizanskaya Metro station, which is very convenient for getting round the city. Every morning buffet breakfast is available in the restaurant. In-house 24-hour bar and restaurants serve Russian and European food. VEGA Izmailovo provides free wireless Internet throughout the hotel, free use of computer in business area, fitness center and complimentary bottle of mineral water every day. 24-Hour emergency medical care is also available. Check-In time: 02:00 p.m. Check-out time: 12:00 p.m. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, HostelWorld, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Vega Hotel & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Vega Hotel Moscow
- Best Western Vega Hotel And Convention Center
- Vega Hotel Moscow