“Stumptuous facilities in a grand setting”

Radisson Royal Hotel Moscow
Ranked #13 of 326 Hotels in Moscow
Reviewed April 25, 2013

This was my first trip to Russia and I was very impressed. The hotel occupies one of 7 magnificent towers (there were planned to be 8) built under Stalin's regime which combine Manhattan-like lines with Russian spires. The room was very comfortable and really well decorated. The river view was good, though try to get something above the 6th floor and everything was immaculately clean.

I only had breakfast but it was comprehensive and high quality. The only complaint would be the lack of ironing and tea/coffee facilitates in the room. Internet access is free and fast. Remember they don't have western European smoking laws (yet) so there is smoking in the bar area.

I did not get time to use the spa.

I really wish they would let you open a window but that may be an American hotel chain thing rather than a Russian thing.

Just watch out for the traffic. TOTAL nightmare. Taxi to the airport 1700 rubles and it took an hour and a half to go 20km around the ring road. Use the express train.

Room Tip: River view, above 6th floor.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
radisson_royal, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Royal Hotel Moscow, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Dear David F!
Let me thank you for your positive review! It is a pleasure to learn that you enjoyed staying at Radisson Royal Hotel, Moscow! Indeed, we are proud of to be one of the famous "Seven Sisters' and presently, the hotel is an officially recognized historical and architectural monument of the city.
I sincerely hope that we will be able to see you again in our hotel soon!

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Impressive, well positioned hotel. The place to be seen in, excellent for meetings, eating, and enjoying all this great hotel has to offer. Expect to see the creme of Moscow high society as well as top ranking intl business man.

• Stayed: April 2013

Dear Alonlif!
Let me thank you for taking the time to share your review of! We were very delighted to find out that you enjoyed your time here! We always try to do our best to meet our guests' expectations and to provide enjoyable and hassle-free experience for them! We hope that this time we achieved this goal! We will be very glad to see you again in Radisson Royal Hotel, Moscow!

Reviewed April 14, 2013

I have stayed several times at this hotel when i have been in Moscow. It has special atmosphere, rooms range from old style to modern. Taken over by Radisson lately has changed it somewhat. It is a bit outside center of city, but you enjoy a nice view over the river, the Duma and major landmarks in Moscow. It is a nice place to stay to be honest. I had my best caviar pancakes here with the first taste of red champagne.
I like the hotel, and actually recommend it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with view over the river, enjoy the evening lights with the bridge over the river and...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

Dear ukranova!
Thank you very much for staying with us while in Moscow!
We really appreciate your gracious comments and we are very glad to find out that you enjoyed your stay.
I hope that we will have another opportunity to welcome you at our hotel!

Best wishes,

Reviewed April 10, 2013

I had the chance to stay at this hotel last summer. I do a lot of travelling all over the world, but I must admit that this place is absolutly georgous!!! The luxury you see inside (it even has a RR dealer room) along with the people you see and the spa center...you are indeed in the place to be in Moscow. True, it is not cheap...but you will have an experience to remember forever.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

Dear PeterT343,
Thank you very much for submitting your review of our hotel! It was a true pleasure to find out about your experience! We sincerely hope that your stay was enjoyable and unforgettable! All of our team members always strive to provide the best service!
Thank you so much once again!
We will be glad to welcome you back!

Reviewed April 9, 2013

I have stayed here many many times, relentless attention to detail, fantastic facilities, excellent staff, beautiful hotel. Yes it is not cheap but you get what you pay for. I would heartily recommend this amazing hotel for anyone who wants perfection over price.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear Rob T,
It has been a real pleasure for me to read your gracious review! It is always so inspiring to find out about our guests' experience at the hotel - it gives us all a great impulse to strive for even better level of service!
We will be glad to see you again in Radisson Royal Hotel, Moscow!
With best wishes,

Reviewed April 9, 2013

This certainly is one of the most outstanding hotels I have ever stayed at. Luckily I was invited and room bill taken care of, as Moscow luxury hotels do not come cheap.
From the moment you enter this palace, you are awed by its opulence of luxury materials spent on this property. What hotel has a Rolls Royce dealership in the lobby? The spa and fitness area is the largest and most luxurious I have ever seen (the girls in the wellness reception needs to smile a bit more). A multitude of restaurants are within the building. I really liked the Italian top-end restaurant on the 30th floor and the after drinks we had at the Mercedes Bar on the 31st, with never ending views of Moscow. Breakfast buffet on the 2nd floor, had the widest varity I have ever seen - Yes, I took caviar and champagne for breakfast. The guest rooms are a chapter of its own, with Frette linen, Etro bath room china and Pelihaligon's bath room amenities. The beds are the best I have ever had in any hotel. If you can afford it - Stay here when in Moscow.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear JamesBH,
Thank you for staying in Radisson Royal Hotel, Moscow on your trip to the capital of Russia. It was a pleasure to learn that you enjoyed your stay and that our services and staff met your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back and thank you once again for your review!

Reviewed March 30, 2013

Stayed here twice this year. The hotel building is grand and prestigious. Even if you are not staying at the hotel, when in Moscow it is worth visiting. Rooms very spacious and nice decor equivalent to the hotels ambiance.

Dining not amazed by breakfast, standard and could be anywhere on this planet. The Italian restaurant on the 31st floor amazing food. Also the steak bar very good quality. Many other dining options which I didn't try, like the Persian restaurant... In room dining was excellent, on time and great quality. For business visits I would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business