“Its a Royal hotel... but could be better or even amazing! As of now, leave a lot to be desired.”

Radisson Royal Hotel Moscow
Ranked #9 of 315 Hotels in Moscow
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I was here for 4 nights with my group from the Middle East, where the service standards are "... what more can I do..."

We were sceptical about the service and attitude in Russia ... and we were not wrong.

The hotel is a class apart, manificient and best part - it is one of the 7 sisters of Stalin Buildings.

The rooms are decorated with taste and aminities are good.

But when it comes to service, there a lot left to be desired.

We had organized lunch at the Persian restaurant. They left me with a feeling that I was not welcome and did a very wrong thing by taking my group to their restaurant.

The only staff I felt comfortable and I believe suitable for such a hotel was Nazarova Olga.. but there is not much she could do to support us.

Over all the service level needs an overhaul... once done, this is a magnificient hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a room which faces the courtyard and above 6th floor... preferably close to the lift.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
radisson_royal, General Manager at Radisson Royal Hotel Moscow, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Dear jamil A,
Thank you for taking time to review your stay with us.
I am happy to read that you appreciated our unique hotel hosted in one of the Seven Sisters historical landmark.
Your unfortunate experience in the Farsi restaurant, with is run by a 3rd party operator, is highly unfortunately. I will convey your observation to the management.
For the overall service approach in the hotel, we continuously train and engage our associates to embrace genuine hospitality. We do see progress everyday and have many committed associates who are dedicated to deliver 5 star services.
Please accept my apologies for the unfortunate experiences we have encountered and please do not hesitate to contact me directly for any future booking to the Radisson Royal Hotel, Moscow.
Best regards
Jesper Henriksen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Reviewed November 6, 2012

All-in-all not my cup of tea. Huge building, arrived at 16h30 and had to wait till 17h30 to finally get my room, which had all but the high-floor and white-house which I had requested. On the booking confirmation they told me I could arrive as of 15h00, thank God I didn't. They offered tea or coffee but what I really needed was some rest after 6 hours of flying.

Room itself was good what amenities and bedding is concerned. Bathroom very luxurious but taking a shower without wetting the entire room is sheer impossible.

I was also disappointed with breakfast, there is a huge choice of all you can imagine, but I would have preferred less choice and more quality.

All-in-all this hotel is just too big to get a real exclusive feeling, I would suggest you have dinner at the restaurant on the top floor which is good (excellent Italian food and wine, really) and has stunning views, but then stay at the Kempinski Baltschug hotel.

2 Thank Wasbeer
radisson_royal, General Manager at Radisson Royal Hotel Moscow, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear Wasbeer,
Thank you for taking time to review your stay with us.
No doubt that we are a large hotel with all possible service one could ask for. If a traveler is looking for a more intimate feeling, we always suggest to book our Executive floor, which propose separate check-in on the Executive floor and offer our Executive Lounge (24 hour open) which has a partial breakfast buffet with full A la Carte choice.
I am sincerely sorry to read that you had to wait an hour to get your room assigned. This occurs truly rare, but on high occupancy days it can happen. I regret that this experience happened to you when visiting our hotel for the first time. The next time you visit Moscow I would be delighted to upgrade you to our Executive floor. I am sure this experience will fit your perfectly.
Please contact me directly for your next booking at Radisson Royal Hotel, Moscow.

Jesper Henriksen
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Just back from a visit to the Radisson Royal Hotel. The hotel is amazing, one of the best I've stayed in. Rooms were luxurious and very clean. Food in the restauants was exceptional, everything you'd expect in a five star hotel.

Only down side was drinks were very expensive but then they were everywhere in Moscow. Also. the staff were a little abrupt, bordering on rude at times.

I would stay in this hotel again in a heartbeat and will be recommending it to everyone i know!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Sacramento
Reviewed October 26, 2012

After a 12 hour plane ride I arrived after dark in the city and was enchanted by the ambiance created by the exterior lighting of this newly renovated hotel. Entering the lobby with its elegant grand staircases with plush red carpeting and golden accent chandeliers was breathtaking! My room was beautifully decorated and the bathroom quite amazing. Near the lobby bar was a outstanding diorama of the the Kremlin, a perfect background for meeting friends for a vodka! "Moscow by Night" is a lovely dinner cruise affiliated with the Radisson. It is a formidible introduction to the city, just a 5 minute walk to the boarding dock. The menu was al a carte and offered a variety of choices. The lamb chops were cooked perfectly. Desserts were beautiful and quite tasty! The breakfast buffet was one of the best I've had on my ventures out of the United States.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view and be sure to choose the Breakfast Option
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 19, 2012

In Moscow for the first time, on a business trip, and was blown away by the architecture of this building, the view from my room, and impressed the overall quality of this centrally located and iconic hotel. The room was very comfortable, and well appointed.
Be warned; it is on the expensive side; a gin & tonic at the lobby bar can set you back £15, and don't order at the bar if you are planning to leave within 15 minutes.
But the customer service from the receptionists and concierges was very good. The Kremlin diorama in the lobby is quite cool.
The hotel offers a number of restaurants and we ate at the Tattler Club restaurant one night. The food was very good, and it certainly helped that we had very hospitable local colleagues guiding us through the menu. I loved the music here, even if it was a bit 'clubby' for other diners' tastes.
If you have the time the dinner cruise is also essential. The unexceptional food is more than compensated for by stunning views of the Moscow by night from the river.
The swimming pool is amazing also; 50 metres and most of the lanes were empty!
This is a real luxury Russian experience and while it is pricey, and a can be a touch bling, it comes highly recommended.
Over all a very impressive hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the river.
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed October 18, 2012

As posh as can be, excellent accommodations for those who want to and can afford it. Great view of the river, good restaurants, and superb spa/club. Executive floor has a very nice lounge with food service as well. I would love to stay here again.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank latinmon
Tbilisi, Georgia
Reviewed October 17, 2012

The Radisson Royal Ukraine in Moscow is a perfect place in the middle of Moscow.
The service is excellent and the staff is very customer oriented.The standard rooms are small, but chic, furnished in the "belle epoque" style, with beautiful paintings on the wall, with city view towards Naberezhnaya and Moscow City Business Center, with posch toiletry"Penhaligon's", TV with wide variety of channels, the 24 hours room service.
The breakfast is great, in Russian style: caviar, salmon, pastry, mushrooms, yougurts, sausages,salads, cakes , fresh juices, pancakes, etc.Very difficult to make a choice, as everything is delicios.
The hotel has a decent spa with excellent swimming pool, sauna, gym, steam room, which is a perfect relaxation after a busy day.
There is an Iranian restaurant "Farsi" on the third floor, but can't comment as didn't had any meal there, however it looked quite fancy.
Shopaholics can be also happy, as there are plenty of brand shops in the hotel.
I strongly recommend this hotel. It's more a business hotel, but can be a great choice for a fancy holiday in Moscow.