“Convenient for business trips”

Ranked #19 of 327 Hotels in Moscow
Reviewed May 5, 2013

The Moscow sheraton is my preferred choice for business travel to Moscow. It is conveniently located 5 minutes walking from the Belorussky rain station, allowing for easy Aeroexpress acces from the airport - a great advantage over car service. The Tverskaya street location is a 30 minute walk from Red Square, and close to a metro station (if you like metros). The hotel is in an old building, but rooms are modernized, i.e. quiet and comfortable with good beds and showers and individual temperature controls. Otherwise the decor is conservative and unexciting. My room was a non-smoking room, however i believe a previous guest had disregarded this - nothing Sheraton can help, I guess. The breakfast buffet is good, not excellent. The reception desk service quality and 'feel' depends much on the individual that helps you - I experienced both a warm/friendly staff member and a more bureaucratic person. My rate included WiFi and breakfast, and given the individual pricing I suggest you ensure these are included when booking.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed April 27, 2013

I stayed with my group of 13 people from 12th-15th April . I made a perfect selection on the hotel based on the reviews on trip advisor . The rooms and other facilities were all renovated 3 years ago. Large spacious rooms with plush mattresses & beddings. Bathrooms were well & fully equipped and we had more than enough miniature toiletries .We had more than 8 towels to share between the 2 of us in the room, mind you, minus the floor mats.

Personal welcome note on the TV screen and they supplied generous & good quality coffee & tea during our stay. Staff were friendly, in all departments. We stayed for 3 nights and i decided to bring the next group to stay in the same hotel the next time around after experiencing the first night only.

Breakfast were just superb. Plenty of choices of those healthy stuffs like fruit smoothies, yogurt, healthy bread, and the salmon terriyaki were the group favorite. I believe now when reviews mentioned that the breakfast at Sheraton Palace is the talk of the town.

Its situated on a busy street with lots of opportunities for last minutes shopping and also it confronts a good supermarket if you need to bring home some foodies as souvenirs.

There are restaurant within walking distance if you need to dine out , even halal restaurants are just minutes away . You can just take the public transport which is only 10 minutes away from the Kremlin.

Sheraton Palace is just the perfect choice and for my group it was their grand finale experience for their tour after staying in St Petersburg & Kazan.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
SheratonPalaceMoscow, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Palace Hotel Moscow, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Dear afifahShahAlam,

Thank you very much for such a wonderful feedback on your recent stay at the Sheraton Palace Hotel. We are delighted to hear that you and your group have fully enjoyed your stay and appreciated the service, facilities and benefits of the hotel’s location.

Thank you very much for your loyalty. We were pleased to have you and your group as our guests and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Stayed for a week in mid April. Got a room on the executive floor, which has recently been renovated. Room was spacious enough for us and was very clean. Bathroom was also very clean... however I will never understand the European penchant for bathtubs/showers that you need a step stool to get in and out of safely. Had the same "view" as a previous reviewer - the roof of another building - but it was quiet. Windows actually open, which I like as I enjoy getting some fresh air. (We lucked out on the weather - it was sunny and warm the whole week.)

The breakfast buffet was included in our room rate and had lots of choices, but I advise getting there early for best selection. We ate rather late each day (between 9:30 - 10:30) and thus had to ask for water and milk for cereal, as they were out of both. Lobby bar had plenty of food and beverage choices and service was fine.

Staff was friendly (for Russia), and particular thanks to the lady who was staffing the transportation desk and was very helpful. There is a Metro station only a few blocks away, and you can walk to Red Square in about 45 min.

Several very good restaurants in the surrounding couple of blocks make it easy to get a great dinner.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear RockDiva,

We are grateful to you for taking the time and letting us know your thoughts about your stay in the Sheraton Palace Hotel Moscow. We are very much concerned to meet the guests’ demands and your opinion is very important for us.
We are delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay and appreciated our renovated rooms, services and friendliness and efficiency of the personnel.

We really hope your plans will bring you back to Moscow soon and look forward to welcoming you again!

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Hotels are expensive in Moscow. The Sheraton is a good mix between central location and a reasonable price. I was really dissapointed because I clearly and repetadly asked for a non smoking room and I ended up in a room which obviously hosted a smoking person before me.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
SheratonPalaceMoscow, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Palace Hotel Moscow, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Dear Lehcimifas,

Thank you for taking your time and sharing an honest review on your stay at the Sheraton Palace Hotel.

We are glad that you appreciated all the benefits of the hotel’s location.
However, we regret to hear that your experience with the Sheraton Palace wasn’t excellent. We would like to sincere apologize for the fact that we couldn’t accommodate your request due to the high occupancy and you had to stay in the smoking room. Please note that we have noted your preference and updated your profile for the future stays.

We would like to hope that you consider staying with us some time in the future so we can try our best to impress you with the true excellent Sheraton service.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

I was only here for one night at the tail end of my trip. The building is older, but the rooms have been given a facelift. It was more spacious than my other rooms in Russia. The room was clean, but although nonsmoking, did smell like it was an old smoking room.

It's about a 40 minute walk to Red Square. There's a ton of restaurant/bar/coffee options within a block or two -- everything from an Irish pub to kebabs to sushi. There's also a concierge and a transportation specialist right next to the front desk if you need it. The staff spoke English well. I was happy the wifi was free and it worked perfectly for me (although I was just putzing around on my ipad).

There is a great 24 hour grocery store immediately across the street from the hotel that's akin to a Whole Foods. It was the perfect place to snag some chocolates and vodka as souveniers.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Ellen28,

Thank you very much for your good feedback on your recent stay at the Sheraton Palace Hotel.

It is a pleasure to know that you have experienced some positive moments with us and enjoyed the hotel’s location and the services.
We have noted your comment regarding the smell of smoke in your room and would like to apologies for this occurrence. We know how frustrating and disappointing it can be when your expectations are not met. We assure you that our Technical and Housekeeping departments will investigate the situation.

We hope that your plans will bring you back to Moscow and you will give us another chance to improve our true level of service!

Reviewed April 15, 2013

I must say that it is one of the most over-priced cities I have visited (out of 122 so far). With this as a backdrop, the Sheraton is good value.

I stayed on the SPG floor and it was very nice. The rooms were freshly renovated and large, though I picked the 'courtyard' side for quiet and got a nice view of ... the roof. I am not sure the street side would have afforded a great view or if it would have been noisy. Just saying.

My check-in clerk was kind and warm, quite a lot more so than other Russians I know, so I guess I wasn't surprised to find out she wasn't from Russia (p.s. thanks for the 2 and 1 rouble coins, VN).

The gym was great! The lack of sauna wasn't so great. Breakfast was very overpriced.

Relatively easy to get to and from DME with the AeroExpress, though certainly a brisk walk to the Kremlin.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Michael F
SheratonPalaceMoscow, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Palace Hotel Moscow, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

Dear Michael F,

Thank you very much for the very positive feedback on your recent stay with us.

We are glad to know that you rate the Sheraton Palace Hotel Moscow as a “good value” hotel. It makes us happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay and our staff made you feel comfortable. Should you have any preferences regarding the preferred view into account for your next stay please let us know in advance so we can assure not only your comfort in the room but also a great view.

We hope it’s not long to wait for your next trip to Moscow and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Customer Service

Reviewed April 12, 2013

I have been allocated for two days in a bussiness tryp and the hotel was really good located, breakfast very complet and cleaning service very good, just in front there are some good restaurants and bars. Definitively I recommed this hotel, is a good choice in Moscow.

• Stayed: April 2013

Dear Callejeraviajera564,

Thank you very much for the wonderful words about your recent stay at the Sheraton Palace Hotel.

We are delighted to hear that you have fully enjoyed your stay, benefited from the great location of the hotel and our services.

We hope that it’s not your last trip to Moscow and we will have pleasure to host you again soon!

Customer Service