Radisson Slavyanskaya Hotel & Business Centre, Moscow
$270
$249
$601
  • Restaurant
Hilton Moscow Leningradskaya(Moscow)(Great Value!)
$191
$195
$125
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
Vega Hotel & Convention Center(Moscow)(Great Value!)
$41
$272
$190
Agoda.com
1,088 results
All reviewskievskaya metro stationshopping mallluxury shopslarge mallbusiness tripmoskva rivervnukovo airportwalking distancegeorgian restaurantred squarehuge hotelconvenient locationbars and restaurantsnice breakfasthotel is locatedcaviargym
Reviewed April 28, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel for 1 - 4 weeks annually since 1989. This hotel today is a far cry from the Soviet days. Most (if not all) rooms have been re-furbished with comfortable beds, etc. The staff is friendly and helpful. The restaurants (though spendy) are nice with good food and servvice. The Room Service is excellent - good choices, very nicely prepared (spendy also, but this is Moscow of 2013). Suites have TV both in living area as well as bedroom. Beds are very comfortable. We have stayed at other Moscow hotels - but because that was during Soviet days we cannot appropriately rate them now.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Allright, as you see, it wasn't my first time at this hotel. That was why I did not check reviews at TripAdvisor, and that was my first mistake. I would have noticed that the management pays absolutely no reaction to reviews.

Usually I get to hotels by car but this time I had to use the metro. You have to go 'round Kievsky railway station and soak in tobacco smoke clouds. It looks like all Moscow smokers gathered in one place to smoke you all over. Then you'll see the hotel but you need to walk for another 5 minutes or so. To get to the checkin desks, I had to go through the metal check gate, it sounded alarm but the guards did not even look at me. If you go straight ahead to the shops, you don't have to go through the gate, so if you do and then turn left, you'll get to the check in desks anyway. That probably means, 'we do as if we care about your security'. Not sure why. They have got only four chairs at reception, and they are always taken by some guys and gals, apparently tour guides. Some more chairs are 150 feet away, but it looks like a lobby bar, so you would look quite crazy with your suitcases there. There is lots of space next to reception desks, so I have no idea why they cannot put more armchairs there.

The room was booked via ClubCarlson (hotel mother brand) weeks ago, and it should have been king bed. However, I got a twin, with very hard, uncomfortable beds. They confirmed it was a request for a king but they said: 'that's all we have now, sorry'. I wasn't given an upgrade, though usually Gold members do get an upgrade. It was the first time ever when I wasn't given an upgrade as a Gold member, and the hotel is huge with 427 rooms. They offered free breakfast, though. I did not have breakfast, and I'll tell you why, later.

The aircon was only working as a heater, it was quite cold outside so when you open a window, it gets quite cold in the room soon, in April. So I just shut the window and tried to play with the aircon, did not help. I called the maintenance, a lady came, talked to me for a while, I explained the situation, she said, 'that's the way it is, sorry'. She was polite and promised to report to the supervisor. Nobody got back to me, and of course I spent a terrible night, it felt like a sauna. And yes, the rooms are dingy. WiFi in the lobby does not work and the restaurants are expensive. The Talavera Italian Restaurant is good but not perfect. Amenities are excellent but that does not really matter after that night. My only wish in the morning was to leave as soon as I can. That's why I did not take breakfast.

And that's why I will never ever stay there.

Room Tip: Try to find some other hotel in Moscow..
1  Thank MisterEezy
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Moscow and in particular Moscow Hotels are expensive, so you cannot compare the pricing with hotels outside of \Moscow.
I have to concur with all the other reviewers... the hotel does need a refurb, but it is still clean and well maintained.
Breakfast is fairly good, and a chef will make you an omelette or fried eggs
Food in other restaurants was also good, however the location close to the Shopping Mall, means you don't have to eat in.
It is also handy for the metro.
Though be warned that the square between the hotel and the mall is not a good place to be on your own, or a couple, late at night.

Only tip is.. that if (to avoid the queues at check out) you check out early (such as before breakfast) then tell them when you plan to exit your room. Otherwise the cleaner will be at your door, and then a few minutes later reception call to ask if you want to keep your room !!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Anna P, Public Relations Manager at Radisson Slavyanskaya Hotel & Business Centre, Moscow, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for staying in Radisson Slavyanskaya Hotel & Business Center. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed our breakfast in our restaurant and the location of the hotel. The Kievskaya metro and railway stations are located next to the hotel. Aeroexpress from Kievsky train station to the Vnukovo Airport is also available. We truly appreciate your kind compliments and thank you for the feedback. We sincerely hope that you will visit us again and look forward to welcoming you back in our hotel.

Let me thank you again for staying with us!

Kind regards,

Reviewed April 24, 2013

This is a decent hotel, very near a metro station, train station, mall and bus stop. This means you can be well connected with the city. However, it isn't walking distance to the major attractions in Moscow, so if you're here for a tourist visit, you may not like it.

The rooms are dark and dingy, like those in an older hotel. Nothing fancy about the rooms, just functional. The breakfast is decent, and there are several average restaurants in the hotel.

There's nothing terribly wrong with the hotel, but if I go back to Moscow, I'd stay something else.

Dear Valued Guest,

Let me thank you again for staying with us!

Kind regards,

Reviewed April 21, 2013

It was 3rd time I was staying in this hotel. First of all - great location, next to Evropeyski Shopping Center, city center, Kyievskiy Train Station, just in front of Moskva river. One of the best locations in Moscow if you have multiple business trips to different directions.
Hotel is ok, it would be worth to renovate it a bit ... style is early 90's. Great breakfasts, rooms quite ok, although bathrooms could be refreshed a little bit. Staff very friendly in reception, a little bit chaotic and lacking organzation in the bar - mutliple times forgetting parts of orders, waiting 30 minutes etc... Good small snack bar - with tasty international menu - I tried Thai Soup and Chebureki - good quality food. Little bit strange with security screening in building - what is the sense to keep it if you let everyone pass through it without checking :) Generally despite hotel needing renovation, I will stay there again.

Room Tip: please be careful on choosing rooms from river front on lower floors - there is quite noisy street that can impact your sleep quality