“Great location, very nice.”

Hotel National, a Luxury Collection Hotel
Ranked #17 of 327 Hotels in Moscow
Reviewed February 20, 2014

I liked this hotel a lot. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The location was great.

The inside of the hotel is a little cut-up, with some "historic" sections and some newer construction. The gym was pretty rudimentary, but adequate.

I enjoyed the bar/cafe areas off the lobby, but when I ordered a vodka martini I got a very strange drink - extremely heavy on the vermouth. I sent it back. The bartender came over to find out what the problem was and assured me that he had poured half vermouth and half vodka. I thought that was pretty funny. It is a Starwood hotel, I didn't expect a problem like that. But it was funny and he was trying to figure out what the problem was. I guess if you want a reasonably dry martini in Russia, you just order vodka.

It's not a five star hotel, but it is very nice and a very, very good value. It will be my first choice if I get a chance to return to Moscow.

General travel trip - get a chart that transliterates the Cyrillic alphabet. It would have been helpful in reading signs. For example, I was told to take the Sapsan train to St. Petersburg. But this is written sort of like "CancaH" on signs. If I had been more familiar with the alphabet getting around and ordering in restaurants would have been a little easier.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Marina M, General Manager at Hotel National, a Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found our staff helpful.

I am sorry to hear about your experience at the lobby bar, all your comments have already been transferred to the relevant department.

Thank you again, and I hope to welcome you back soon!

Best regards,

Marina Migalenko

Write a ReviewReviews (1,554)

Reviewed February 17, 2014

Excellent hotel. I was there late last year and was very impressed indeed with all aspects of it. The location though is the principle pull: overlooking the Kremlin. Probably the best place to sit and enjoy the view of the Kremlin and the entrance to Red Square is the dining room, the views from which are simply breathtaking. The rest of the hotel is very grand and luxurious but the views alone are worth the trip.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Marina M, General Manager at Hotel National, a Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your visit to Hotel National, a Luxury Collection Hotel and for such a good review.
I am very glad that you had great time with us.

We hope to welcome you again in our hotel!

Best regards,

Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

A beautiful hotel, really lovely well kept rooms, in an amazing location. Literally a 5 minute walk from the red square and the kremlin. Staff are helpful. The breakfast has a good spread and is served in a room with a view of the red square. Would definitely stay here again.

Marina M, General Manager at Hotel National, a Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review of your recent visit to Hotel National.

I am pleased to read how much you have enjoyed your stay with us and how highly you appreciate our staff. I will share your kind comments with the team here.

I look forward for the opportunity of welcoming you back in the very near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed February 7, 2014

The rooms and hotel staff at this hotel were outstanding. The restaurant overlooking Red Square has an incredible view overlooking the square at night however the food is poor. I would definitely go back to this hotel again

Room Tip: Go under the metro pass to the mall behind the Four Seasons hotel ( which is currently under renovat...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Great stay at the National hotel in Moscow. Perfectly located in front of the Kremmling, red square and just beside the greatest hopping center (Gum, tsum and many others). I mainly had my meals outside the hotel as there are many great restaurants in the area. Nevertheless, ate breakfast and its buffet is truly generous with great variety and several local specialities. Loved the jacuzzi in my room and very comfortable bed. I recommend this hotel for your visits to Moscow with a good quality price relation.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank JAlcarazCol
Marina M, General Manager at Hotel National, a Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your recent stay at Hotel National, a Luxury Collection Hotel and for such a pleasant review.

I’m truly happy that you have vivid memories about the time you have spent with us.

We will be glad to see you again in our hotel.

Kind regards,

Reviewed January 28, 2014

The hotel is what is promises, a very old and luxurious building, right next to the red square and all the other sights in downtown Moscow. The breakfast room is amazing
Staff was very friendly but unable to find me a non-smoking room. I got there pretty late, and got "upgraded" to a smoking room. After complaining, they showed me to another smoking room, hoping I would not notice, I guess (the ashtrays gave it away, sorry). Finally I was moved again to a huge suite which was a nice treat but at 2am it did not compensate the hassle
Also when departing they were unable to find me a taxi in 1hr. All they could find was their extremely overpriced Mercedes (1700RUB for a 5min ride)
I probably had bad luck but I am not going bad to this place

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank PablU2014
Marina M, General Manager at Hotel National, a Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for your recent visit and for taking the time to share your impressions.

I am very sorry that the room provided has not met your expectations. Please be assured that for your next visit we will ensure that you have a non-smoking room to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable.

I hope to welcome your again in Hotel National!

Reviewed January 16, 2014

Awesome luxury hotel in Moscow !!!
Almost all attractions are very near to this hotel !!!
this hotel got just 3 minutes to Red square !!!
I spend 2 days in that hotel !!!
This hotel is also in moscow history !!!
Awesome Services and great place to stay in moscow !!!
I m highly recommend this hotel !!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank drarunmd92

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of our hotel.

I am glad to read that you have enjoyed our service and facilities and it is very much appreciated to see this feedback. As I always do, I have shared your kind words with my team who make this all happen.